MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Talking about fighting skills, I like how they gave Jessica that line about everyone knowing Kung-fu except her.

Last edited:
DD def the best fighter, IF was just average. Makes no sense how weak and whiny he is at times given the level of discipline needed to become the IF. Every other offset of his that's supposed to respect his skill, the hand, chaste, DD etc can all outdo him.

DD didn't outdo him. That fight was a draw.

JJ doesn't have fighting skills but she's just as strong as Luke Cage. She's supposed to be like Supergirl, isn't she? Then again, both have been nerfed in the show to a certain extent.

And yeah, DD is the best fighter, even though IF really should be.

JJ is suppose to be stronger than LC from what I remember in the comics, shes supposed to be able to throw cars and **** with minimal if any effort.

And fly.

Finished up. A few things I noticed and questioned:
1. There wasn't enough of the supporting characters around enough. Especially Hogarth.

3. There was way more Colleen than I expected.

7. They waited too long to try to develop Misty and Colleen's relationship. Little moments throughout the season would of been better.

8. Is IF ever gonna wear a costume? Makes DD look weird when he's around the other three wearing his costume.

9. Matt and Claire didn't interact like they knew each other really. Claire was around him first so I expected more.
Yeah I too said certain supporting characters just weren't in this enough.

Now that I think about it I wasn't satisfied with Hogarth's role in IF.

I felt Colleen was in it the right amount given her direct connection. If anything I feel she should've been a part of some of the Defender's fight scenes not just the final the one in the last ep.

I didn't even notice if they were trying to create some chemistry with Colleen and Misty. I think some stuff in the comics just won't happen or won't any time soon. Like I can't see how Danny ends up with Misty AND Misty and Collen become like sisters to the point they team up and fight crime on their own. Danny and Colleen seem in love.

They said IF is gonna dawn the costume in s2.

You reminded me. They ghosted Claire's background like she ain't come in to this on Matt's jock. She barely made any reference of him. I liked that she wasn't in this a lot but supported inn the end but no tension between Matt, Claire and Luke given Matt had a chance was just weird. I too expected more.

Yes you'll be confused as **** though. It picks up right where the Defenders' solo series have all stopped so you'll have spoilers on spoilers.

I haven't watched DD season 2 yet, Defenders has pretty much showed me how it plays out. Still might watch it tho.
All Defenders tell you is Matt is retired mostly cuz Elektra died when they fought the Hand.

You don't get the Punisher greatness. Kingpin involvement and Nobu.

yeah i caught that too. i'm not well-versed in the comic stories of these characters so correct me if im wrong, but i do remember IF donning the DD suit for a while before DD had his rebirth comic arc or something?
[/QUOTE]

The source of the substance was a little weird to me and had me wondering how it got there. Had me thinking they were digging for some fossil fuel.
I assume K'un L'un was once part of the real world or that millennia ago when the portal opened dragons were on Earth.

They should've got a better name for the substance to better explain it being able to resurrect them.

I dont know we didnt see DD go up against LC.

DD shouldn't be able to hurt LC. That fight should go the way of IF vs LC imo.

LC > DD > IF > JJ
As far as fighting, DD is the best. That doesn't mean hes the strongest.

Sowande gave Luke the business. A lot of haymakers he threw fighting better fighters that was just hitting air.

The IF vs. LC fight did end with Danny knocking Luke 6ft away in to a wall. Then keep in mind Elektra as Black Sky knocked Luke out with ease.

Last edited:
Bra when DD picked up Jessica scarf & put it over his face had me weak .

My man need to keep a travel kit for his costume .

Finished the series, and I was a little worried about the state of the netflix shows. DD season 2 was a little weak with all of the hand and Elektra stuff, LC had a weak second half, but this was a step in the right direction.

My only problem with the series was the action. It was lacking. They need to bring in the people who worked on daredevil and let take charge

I liked the pace of this series. No time was wasted, and there was no filler. However, I did want more. Probably should've been 9 or 10 episodes.

The chemistry between all of them were great. I feel as if besides Colleen and Misty, none of the supporting characters were really needed. They didn't add much. Pretty much were they because without them everybody would've asked where were they. But I didn't care for their reason. I just found Karen and Foggy to be annoying.

I like how they utilized the Hand in here compared to DD season 2. People complained about Bakuto and his faction of the Hand in IF, but in here, they made it work really well. Each member, aside from Alexandra, had their own operation. They made them feel like a credible threat.

IF arc and choreography was vastly improved. They addressed pretty much everything wrong with the series and him as a character. With thhe Shou Lou stuff, the Hand seperating and all that, I still feel Iron Fist series should've have been him training in K'un Lun and ending with him leaving for New York. To me, it seems clear that although he has the powers of the Iron Fist, his training wasn't complete. He's still immature, and has nothing mastered his fighting ability. I mean we saw Orson Randall and his abilities. I believe Danny didn't defeat the dragon solely with strength and ability. It had to be more to it imo, but I guess we won't see it.

I'd give the series an 8/10. Wanna see what happens next with the characters, along with introducing other Marvel characters.

What did you guys think of Alexandria as the big bad for most of the season? Just under Kingpin?

I agree about the costume. Does look weird

Well Matt is the only one trying to keep his identity a secret still from the masses due to the effect it'll have on Foggy and Karen like was mentioned. So it makes sense for him to be 'hidden'.

On Episode 4. Glad Jessica Jones is here to **** on these herbs. Almost died when she called Loras Fist the Karate Kid.

Well Matt is the only one trying to keep his identity a secret still from the masses due to the effect it'll have on Foggy and Karen like was mentioned. So it makes sense for him to be 'hidden'.

:lol: I understand why he wears the costume. It just made it look so out of place because he's the only one wearing one

What did you guys think of Alexandria as the big bad for most of the season? Just under Kingpin?
They're both behind Killgrave but yeah I guess.

She was more of an authoritative figure. I knew Weaver wasn't gonna throw the hands before instated watching. She had the early scene when she subdued a freshly resurrected Elektra and that's it. I was waiting for the show to prove me wrong. When Murakami was like you never get your hands dirty it confirmed it for me.

I wish they had not had Elektra walk in with Danny when Murakami had showed up to take her out.

Other than that she had the gravitas and boss swag and acted like a badass immortal. The only flipside is cuz she was dying she did show weakness. I wondered if that clouded her judgement a lit or just a little. She didn't see Elektra coming with that at all.

Nah IF did get washed, DD gave him that smoke and barely took any hits.
I don't remember it that way especially when it was a 1 on 1 that turned in to a 2 on 1 that ended a 3 on 1.

DD is definitely the better fighter but I can't see him washing Danny. Maybe they showcased it more here but the iron fist was causing Hulk like shockwaves when he hit ****. DD would have to end that fight dumb fast and we all know Matt is the king of taking a beating to win a fight. Got that boxer mentality.

Last edited:

With jj, lc, and rand it's kinda too late for them to hide their identities. the hand knows everything but with other villains having a secret identity might keep the defenders' loved ones out of harm's way.

Last edited:
Was alexandria the big boss for so long out of respect? We didn't see her get physical except for when the black sky first arrived. She was sick but at least also have some kind of power like madame gao.

Back
Top Bottom