MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Sister Maggie is Matt Murdock's mother.

She's barely been mentioned or focused on but basically at some point before he went blind as a kid his mom left them to be a nun

Wow. rand is a dumbass. Elektra tricked him so easily. For someone who meditates and tries to be zen, he's still very stubborn and angry. He should've had a lot more training to help those bad traits. On episode 7 and wondering if we'll see his Indian friend from k'un lun.

Series was overall pretty decent. I'd give it an 8/10

Misty about to get her robotic arm was a cool added bonus. Wasn't sure they'd go that route. Curious what happens after Punisher

Last edited:
Defenders 7/8.

Really lived it and dont have any serious complaints.

Season was one solid cohesive arc. I might have wanted 2 more eps buts that's really it if only to flesh out a few more scenes for Trish, Jessica, and more Hogarth. The interactions were great. Dug the chemistry with Luke and Danny. JJ was great. This I guess was a nice "comeback" for DD outside of the simping for Elektra but even that was handled well by the end.

Would've liked for all the heroes to beat on Turk/have a scene with him.

Other than that music and score were on point.

The 5 fingers of the Hand were good villains. They made more sense now when it was still unclear earlier in DD and IF seasons. Alexandra nailed the whole lived for centuries wise mastermind but once I realized she wasn't gonna put in work (and I never really expected Sigourney Weaver to go in with the hands anyway. Cuz they had to shaky cam and quick edits to deal with some of Madam Gao's moves) it was well timed and placed the way they elevated Elektra.

Stick though :smh: That was the homey.

With everything that's happened I'm curious about what this next phase the Defenders have ushered in will bring us. Other than The Punisher I wonder what other new heroes get a series :nerd: That White Tiger possibility was interesting.

I was expecting murakami to be more of a bawse. Should've known better when I saw him wearing that slightly shiny grey suit and a pair of loafers.

Can i watch without seeing all the characters solo shows?
To get the main plot? Sure cuz as they go they reexplain the main villain and introduce the main characters well.

But you'll be lost on references and it'll take awhile for you to grasp the seriousness and magnitude of the threat. Plus where the heroes start you'll be lost on the why and how.

Last edited:
I was expecting murakami to be more of a bawse. Should've known better when I saw him wearing that slightly shiny grey suit and a pair of loafers.
one of the biggest problems with the show was the level of the villains... i said before that villains usually make or break a superhero show. murakami is supposed to be a better nobu but he's really not. gao was a boss throughout the whole netflix universe and then alexandra shows up and kinda undermines her. bakuto got washed in one of the weakest ways IMO and we didn't even really get a full fight scene b/w luke and sowande.

wilson fisk, cottonmouth, and kilgrave were far better villains

Last edited:
Finished up. A few things I noticed and questioned:
1. There wasn't enough of the supporting characters around enough. Especially Hogarth.

2. Did nobody else find it interesting that Trish didn't fight someone at least once? With her wanting to be more of a hero at the end of JJ, I was expecting her to fight a couple times.

3. There was way more Colleen than I expected.

4. RIP to the guy Stick. :smh:

5. Alexandra was just ok to me.

6. Maggie at the end was :wow: :pimp:

7. They waited too long to try to develop Misty and Colleen's relationship. Little moments throughout the season would of been better.

8. Is IF ever gonna wear a costume? Makes DD look weird when he's around the other three wearing his costume.

9. Matt and Claire didn't interact like they knew each other really. Claire was around him first so I expected more.

Can i watch without seeing all the characters solo shows?

Yes you'll be confused as **** though. It picks up right where the Defenders' solo series have all stopped so you'll have spoilers on spoilers.

I haven't watched DD season 2 yet, Defenders has pretty much showed me how it plays out. Still might watch it tho.

1. There wasn't enough of the supporting characters around enough. Especially Hogarth.

2. Did nobody else find it interesting that Trish didn't fight someone at least once? With her wanting to be more of a hero at the end of JJ, I was expecting her to fight a couple times.

6. Maggie at the end was :wow::pimp:

7. They waited too long to try to develop Misty and Colleen's relationship. Little moments throughout the season would of been better.

8. Is IF ever gonna wear a costume? Makes DD look weird when he's around the other three wearing his costume.

9. Matt and Claire didn't interact like they knew each other really. Claire was around him first so I expected more.

Im honestly fine with the supporting characters taking more of a backseat in the Defenders series. When you have 4 main characters i'd rather they continue to focus on just them rather than minor characters in the story.

Agreed with the weird relationship dynamics. Matt never said anything about Claire to Luke or to Claire directly like they weren't 2 steps away from smashing in season 1 DD. Jessica also said absolutely nothing to Cage about Claire either but I guess they're going to take the LL/JC marriage thing 5-years slow.

Lastly, definitely agree with #7. They hardly even began building that relationship until damn near 3/4ths of the way through the last episode :lol:

All in all, I liked it. Going to be on the lookout for that JJ and LC season 2 early 2018.

I want to say they may change things and have Danny's company give Misty her new arm and not Tony Stark.

More sensible and cohesive.

At best they may say Rand industries worked with Stark enterprises to make it.

It doesn't.

Peep how Defenders start, with Danny and Colleen hopping around the world hunting the Hand and looking for answers/allies a.k.a. the Chaste. Then Danny even blames the Hand in Defenders to what happened or what he thinks happened to K'un L'un.

I think its more of a threat that Joy and Davos linked up.

Its pretty impossible for that scene in IF to have taken place after Defenders.

As for her being alive, if Matt somehow survived I'm guessing Elektra and Hai found a way out too.
1st part - yeah i see that happening especially since colleen alluded to the fact that she was in danny's hospital and he would help. i just wanted some marvel netflix and movieverse crossover connects to be mentioned lol. they've done it before.

2nd part - you're right. that absolutely makes more sense. i'm just wondering how the IF season 2 will play out in regards to joy and davos meeting and with the events after the defenders. don't know if they'd focus on joy/davos and then have a huge time lapse or what. and yeah if matt is alive, elektra has to be alive IMO. can't see anyone else who would've carried dude out. plus they were in a magical underground cave with resurrection abilities.

About Iron Fist post-Defenders.

That silhouette of Iron Fist in the jumpsuit at the end was almost how they posed Daredevil earlier in the season. Could Danny don the DD suit for a minute while Matt recovers?
yeah i caught that too. i'm not well-versed in the comic stories of these characters so correct me if im wrong, but i do remember IF donning the DD suit for a while before DD had his rebirth comic arc or something?

6. Maggie at the end was :wow::pimp:

I agree about the costume. Does look weird

I liked how they wrote that line for Jessica to comment on wearing the same clothes.

She finally gets to change clothes at the end too. :lol:

Didn't watch, nor did I have any interest in Iron Fist. Will I be OK with watching The Defenders w/o being too lost? Had ep 1 on last night and dozed off...not because it was boring, but I was fried from the week.

The source of the substance was a little weird to me and had me wondering how it got there. Had me thinking they were digging for some fossil fuel.

Also I agree with the point brought up about dd looking weird when he wears his costume and everyone else is in street clothes. foggy reminded me why matt needs to maintain a secret identity with him being a lawyer but does rand also not need to protect his identity? He's way more high profile than matt but if he only fights the hand who already knows who he is then it's not a big issue. Plus he constantly tells people he's the fist anyway.

I dont know we didnt see DD go up against LC.

DD shouldn't be able to hurt LC. That fight should go the way of IF vs LC imo.

LC > DD > IF > JJ

DD def the best fighter, IF was just average. Makes no sense how weak and whiny he is at times given the level of discipline needed to become the IF. Every other offset of his that's supposed to respect his skill, the hand, chaste, DD etc can all outdo him.

Back
Top Bottom