Marijuana Linked To Cancer?

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

I think its the BLUNT papers and other stuff, not the tree. Im trying to get back to the pipe, or white papers, etc. The blunt papers are the devil.

Naw, this research is referencing to just THC BUT no dosage amount has been stated so be VERY skeptical of this research.

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

I think its the BLUNT papers and other stuff, not the tree. Im trying to get back to the pipe, or white papers, etc. The blunt papers are the devil.

Naw, this research is referencing to just THC BUT no dosage amount has been stated so be VERY skeptical of this research.

Well, you're smoking it, so right there you should know its not very healthy. Also, a lot of people smoke bluts, where is just terrible for you.

Well, you're smoking it, so right there you should know its not very healthy. Also, a lot of people smoke bluts, where is just terrible for you.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

..I hate it when new stories never link to the actual research publication

thank you.  that's just a bunch of words on paper without any review by experts.  I'm def. skeptical about this study.  How long were the mice exposed to the smoke, how did the mice consume the weed, etc.

..I hate it when new stories never link to the actual research publication

thank you.  that's just a bunch of words on paper without any review by experts.  I'm def. skeptical about this study.  How long were the mice exposed to the smoke, how did the mice consume the weed, etc.

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

what isnt linked to cancer? 
eyes.gif

came in here to post this. rollyeyes emoticon and all. 

in case anyone is interested...

http://
Eur J Immunol. 2010 Dec;40(12):3358-3371.
[h1]Cannabinoid receptor activation leads to massive mobilization of myeloid-derived suppressor cells with potent immunosuppressive properties.[/h1]
Hegde VL, Nagarkatti M, Nagarkatti PS.

Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, University of South Carolina, School of Medicine, Columbia, SC, USA.

[h3]Abstract[/h3]
Cannabinoid receptor activation by agents such as Δ(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is known to trigger immune suppression. Here, we show that administration of THC in mice leads to rapid and massive expansion of CD11b(+)Gr-1(+) myeloid-derived suppressor cells (MDSC) expressing functional arginase and exhibiting potent immunosuppressive properties both in vitro and in vivo. The induction of MDSC by THC was associated with a significant increase in granulocyte CSF. Moreover, administration of anti-granulocyte CSF Ab inhibited the induction of MDSC by THC. THC was able to induce MDSC in TLR4 mutant C3H and C57BL10/ScN mice and hence acted independently of TLR4. Accumulation of MDSC in the periphery with a corresponding decrease in the proportion of CD11b(+)Gr-1(+) cells in the bone marrow, as well as in vivo BrdU labeling and cell-cycle analysis, showed that THC induced mobilization of these cells from bone marrow and their expansion in the periphery. Use of selective antagonists SR141716A and SR144528 against cannabinoid receptors 1 and 2, respectively, as well as receptor-deficient mice showed that induction of MDSC was mediated through activation of both cannabinoid receptors 1 and 2. These studies demonstrate that cannabinoid receptor signaling may play a crucial role in immune regulation via the induction of MDSC.

Laymans terms please?? Thanks!

[h1]Cannabinoid receptor activation leads to massive mobilization of myeloid-derived suppressor cells with potent immunosuppressive properties.[/h1]
Hegde VL, Nagarkatti M, Nagarkatti PS.

Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, University of South Carolina, School of Medicine, Columbia, SC, USA.

[h3]Abstract[/h3]
Cannabinoid receptor activation by agents such as Δ(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is known to trigger immune suppression. Here, we show that administration of THC in mice leads to rapid and massive expansion of CD11b(+)Gr-1(+) myeloid-derived suppressor cells (MDSC) expressing functional arginase and exhibiting potent immunosuppressive properties both in vitro and in vivo. The induction of MDSC by THC was associated with a significant increase in granulocyte CSF. Moreover, administration of anti-granulocyte CSF Ab inhibited the induction of MDSC by THC. THC was able to induce MDSC in TLR4 mutant C3H and C57BL10/ScN mice and hence acted independently of TLR4. Accumulation of MDSC in the periphery with a corresponding decrease in the proportion of CD11b(+)Gr-1(+) cells in the bone marrow, as well as in vivo BrdU labeling and cell-cycle analysis, showed that THC induced mobilization of these cells from bone marrow and their expansion in the periphery. Use of selective antagonists SR141716A and SR144528 against cannabinoid receptors 1 and 2, respectively, as well as receptor-deficient mice showed that induction of MDSC was mediated through activation of both cannabinoid receptors 1 and 2. These studies demonstrate that cannabinoid receptor signaling may play a crucial role in immune regulation via the induction of MDSC.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Smoking weed leads to a weak immune system. SRS.

"The active ingredient in MJ leads to the activation of cells that suppress the immune system."

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Smoking weed leads to a weak immune system. SRS.

"The active ingredient in MJ leads to the activation of cells that suppress the immune system."

Smoking ANYTHING and the stress on your lungs from the act of inhaling tar and smoke itself may cause cancer. Not sure I'm buying the whole thc causes cancer bit just yet.

Smoking ANYTHING and the stress on your lungs from the act of inhaling tar and smoke itself may cause cancer. Not sure I'm buying the whole thc causes cancer bit just yet.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I feel the same way.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I feel the same way.

Everything on the planet can be linked to cancer. Don't smoke, but you can't let this garbage scare you.

Back
Top Bottom