Marijuana has just been decriminalized in California.

21njtpi.jpg

People arguing about Thc levels like they growing it themselves .But this is a good look hopefully the #'s drop on them P's

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

Originally Posted by MaZA4eVeR14

Hell, ill call tomorrow and just ask what bud has the highest THC level in stock, they test everything they get.

YEAH YOU GO DO THAT
this lil *++*+ Nothin4ever has probably smoked himself half ******ed
laugh.gif

nah but for real, THC levels aren't even really indicative of the quality of bud when comparing these top strains.

39% is pretty nuts, I've never seen anything like that but it shows how little you know about marijuana if that's all you're hyped on.

the top shelf stuff at Harborside usually ranges from 18 to 25%. at the same time i've copped fire from there with THC levels as low as 13%.  i generally don't even pay attention to THC levels when deciding what to purchase.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Hell, ill call tomorrow and just ask what bud has the highest THC level in stock, they test everything they get.

YEAH YOU GO DO THAT
laugh.gif

nah but for real, THC levels aren't even really indicative of the quality of bud when comparing these top strains.

39% is pretty nuts, I've never seen anything like that but it shows how little you know about marijuana if that's all you're hyped on.

the top shelf stuff at Harborside usually ranges from 18 to 25%. at the same time i've copped fire from there with THC levels as low as 13%.  i generally don't even pay attention to THC levels when deciding what to purchase.
Exactly. If THC levels is all you care about then go smoke some hash. It's like only caring about alcohol for it's proof. There's a lot more to marijuana then people give it credit for. It's just like smoking cigars or drinking scotch.

One thing I do gotta get off my chest not really directed at anyone. You gotta treat marijuana like a drug because it is one. I HATE people that brag that they smoke X amount of times a day like it's a big thing. No, that's when marijuana stops being cool because people abuse it. The term pothead is a negative term because it is one. Treat it just like a cigar or a scotch and know when to smoke. I smoke at least once a night when I'm just hanging out, more if I have nothing to do during the day and I'm just hanging out, but it really puts a strain on the movement when people wanna emulate the pothead stereotype.

Originally Posted by GrizztheBoss

NY>CA, they doing you the favor, so that you can be baked when them earthquakes finish you.

laugh.gif

Let's be honest though. If Cali legalizes on November 2nd then this argument is over. Cali will reign supreme
pimp.gif

All the normals get hyped

this smoking thing is old for me

less people in jail is ALWAYS good, specially for something as safe as weed

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

YEAH YOU GO DO THAT
laugh.gif

Exactly. If THC levels is all you care about then go smoke some hash. It's like only caring about alcohol for it's proof. There's a lot more to marijuana then people give it credit for. It's just like smoking cigars or drinking scotch.

One thing I do gotta get off my chest not really directed at anyone. You gotta treat marijuana like a drug because it is one. I HATE people that brag that they smoke X amount of times a day like it's a big thing. No, that's when marijuana stops being cool because people abuse it. The term pothead is a negative term because it is one. Treat it just like a cigar or a scotch and know when to smoke. I smoke at least once a night when I'm just hanging out, more if I have nothing to do during the day and I'm just hanging out, but it really puts a strain on the movement when people wanna emulate the pothead stereotype.
I gotta agree with you, its not best to be high every single day, all day.. smoking in moderation = win. And to the people still smokin only blunts.. step your game up to some zig zags/pieces/bongs, etc. cleaner healthier smoke + it gets you higher. Dont question me on this, it was on manswers.

Originally Posted by thejrob

NY>CA, they doing you the favor, so that you can be baked when them earthquakes finish you.

laugh.gif

Let's be honest though. If Cali legalizes on November 2nd then this argument is over. Cali will reign supreme
pimp.gif
naw...ya car sanctions suck royally.....so making trees legal will make ya just slightly below NY

Being baked in an earthquake > being sober through some of those crazy ++$ storms NYCers freaking out about a few weeks ago.

Anyways, this is
pimp.gif
for me because it's not like I'm ever holding more than like an eighth or a quad, so it's nice to know I'm an even lower priority than before.

Damn dude, you just went in on all of California.

Touche.

roll.gif

I don't smoke, but I'm looking forward to the positive effect it's going to have on the economy if this snowballs into bigger and better things.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by thejrob

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
naw...ya car sanctions suck royally.....so making trees legal will make ya just slightly below NY
enjoy your snow brah

Both states have their pro's and con's but so far people defending NY coming out the woodwork with some outlandish "con's" that don't even relate. CA's taking steps in the right direction to insure a better future, where's NY's steps that match CA's?

Originally Posted by StonedFace

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

YEAH YOU GO DO THAT
laugh.gif

I gotta agree with you, its not best to be high every single day, all day.. smoking in moderation = win. And to the people still smokin only blunts.. step your game up to some zig zags/pieces/bongs, etc. cleaner healthier smoke + it gets you higher. Dont question me on this, it was on manswers.

Man, I've been trying to convert my homies into using papers instead of blunts, but they just don't wanna listen. I tell them how it's better for their health and it costs way less, but they just keep buying blunts. And I also agree about the smoking in moderation thing, I only do it about once every 2 or 3 days just to take my mind off the world.

Originally Posted by Mccheesy

Both states have their pro's and con's but so far people defending NY coming out the woodwork with some outlandish "con's" that don't even relate. CA's taking steps in the right direction to insure a better future, where's NY's steps that match CA's?
get your rational reasoning outta here.
 this is NT. 

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

In time, people look back on our war on drugs with the same disdain that we hold for slavery, human sacrifice and state sponsored corporal punishment.

The path to legalization, emancipation comes ever closer.
This is one of the dumbest statements I've ever read on NT.
Rex got a point imo 

Yes he does.
The billions of dollars and time wasted, lives changed due to imprisonment, the spawning of a black market... We're going to look back on this time period just as we do prohibition. 
No we won't it's set up like this for a reason.  Between POs, COs, Police, ect that's somewhere close to 30-50 million people employed in the US by the government.  You really think they'll close up that many jobs with a blink of an eye?  You must be crazy.  The true unemployment rate is over 20% if you take into account the people who don't actually look for jobs because of either getting to depressed by the market to bother or because they are exploiting welfare, SSI, ect.  So with 60 million people unemployed you want to make it close to 100 million now?  You my friend are delusional if you think that it'll happen. 
I'm going to base this response on an assumed concession of the economic benefits, crime reductions, cartel and gang destroying, benefits of regulation. But despite this you contest the task of redistributing jobs X million probation officers, guards, prison staff, public prosecutors, to other sectors like education, healthcare, therapy centers, drug awareness is too much.  Notice I didn't mention police officers. No need to fire them, they now have more resources and more personnel to deal with real crimes.

Do you not consider this a more positive redistribution in terms of both higher investment value (higher returns on spending on education than on jails), and promoting better public policy of free market and more funding programs that provide a benefit to our citizens?
Originally Posted by DMan14

i had an interesting discussion with a guy and he was telling people to vote NO on prop 19. he made some interesting point. he was saying weed is basically legal in california already. how many times have ya been busted with pot(if you get busted with pot in cali LMAO)? just get a med card and youwill be fine. youre still gonna get a fine if you get busted. its a matter of time when companies like phillip morris run this business. but then again he is a major pusher and it would affect his biz lol
"Basicallylegal" still allows a market for the drug cartels. "Basically legal"still disqualifies you for financial aid if you're caught with it."Basically legal" makes you pay about $1, 000 per pound for cannibus,while a plant of similar growing potential, tobacco, costs  $20 per pound. There's no way, any amount of taxing, could have costs as high as the status quo under corporate regulation.

Under capitalism there is no way Mexican cartels can survive in themarket against real business men. That's like thinking Mexican cartelscan cut in on Phillip Morris by peddling cigarettes on the streetcorners. Nor would it probable to think Mexican Cartels could threaten Florida and California fruit companies byforming a coalition of Mexicans selling watermelons out their trucks or oranges on the side of theroad.

On your 2nd point about phillip morris; people overlook the fact thatunadulterated tobacco can be purchased, in thousands of varieties,cheaply, andeasily accessible anywhere in America. Cigarettes aren't the onlyavailable option. Similarly, if Phillip Morris were involved inaltering cannibus, that wouldn't preclude the accessibility of thenatural unaltered form of cannibus as we now know. Plus I'm pretty surethis bill, prop 19 doesn't allow companies like Phillip Morris toadvertise like they do cigarettes. I don't think they allow them toproduce either...not sure though. 

Pretty much, I see your friend's argument as saying, "it's basicallylegal, so there's no reason to consider a better policy" while ignoring all the above mentioned negative consequences of this quasi legalization.

Supremacy clause FTL

any high schooler that takes a gov class will tell you that this is gonna most likekly get repelled

at the end of the day

federal law> state law
:/

Originally Posted by kobe82410

Supremacy clause FTL

any high schooler that takes a gov class will tell you that this is gonna most likekly get repelled

at the end of the day

federal law> state law
:/
uhh homie, it's still illegal!

I swear NTers dont read nothing past the title

In other news,
pimp.gif

Supremacy clause

federal law> state law

Same thing I was thinking but it's great step forward for the cause.

Now even if it gets shut down at least recognition was created and the paves the way for the future 10 steps forward 8 steps back..... forward wins

November is when we try to go ALL the way
pimp.gif

Not sure if prop 19 is gonna win but cause of all the mixed feelings about this. Im sure dispensaries and other groups are against this because that means less money for them. More people are going to be able to get  a chunk of the pie. Theres also those that don't know about marijuana and think it's as bad as crack.

Whatever happens will be something to remember

I <3 CA

Blunts > Joints. Easier to roll, less harsh, stays lit, doesnt ash all over your clothes like J's do, looks cooler and smokes better than joints.

Back
Top Bottom