Marbury's Days In New York Numbered? Update: Leaves the team?

How they possibly be blaming steph, this situation is going deeper than we know about. I'm Just disgusted why would they pull a stunt like this so early inthe season. Now we fall to 2-4 and see our playoff dreams slipping away 1 game at a time, Man Its so hard to be a knicks fan with$+@% like this going on.

Yo, check how the media is already spinning this:

6ker590.jpg

And then when you actually click that picture, you get this article:

PHOENIX - Knicks point guard Stephon Marbury was conspicuously AWOL from this morning's team practice, putting his Knicks' tenure in jeopardy and throwing the team's season into chaos.

On the day the Daily News reported that the club had decided to reduce Marbury's role and may be discussing severing ties with the Brooklyn-bred hoops star, head coach Isiah Thomas informed the media at this morning's shootaround that second-year guard Mardy Collins will replace Marbury in the starting lineup tonight against the Suns.

Thomas also said that everyone on the team is on notice and hinted that center Eddy Curry may be benched against Phoenix tonight.

Curry attended the shootaround, unlike Marbury, whose whereabouts as of this afternoon were unknown. Marbury made the trip out west with the team on Monday. Tonight's game is the first of a four-game road trip out west.

According to a team source, Marbury became upset after learning he would not start in Phoenix, at which point he threatened not to suit up for the game.

"Any type of penalty or suspension will be in-house and we'll try to keep it within the confines of our team. This is an in-house matter with our team and we'll keep it and leave it at that," Thomas told reporters today. "We hope to see (Marbury) tonight at the game. However, if he's not, make no mistake about it, we want him as a member of our basketball team."

Thomas was unsure if Marbury was still in the Phoenix area. There is a possibility that Marbury returned home to New York. All any of the Knick players would say was that Marbury was not on the team bus when the team departed for their morning practice at the U.S. Airways Center.

"At this point, all calls are being fielded by Jonathan Supranowitz," said Marcia Marbury, Stephon's older sister, when asked by the Daily News if her brother had returned to New York. Supranowitz is the Knicks' VP of public relations. "He's the person you should be talking with, with regards to this matter. He will be able to give you the most up-to-date info, okay?"

It has been an embarrassing summer for the storied Knicks franchise, starting with Thomas being found liable for sexually harassing former Knicks' executive Anucha Browne Sanders. During the trial, Marbury testified that he had sex with a Garden intern. There was also a bizarre television interview by Marbury with NBC in which the point guard appeared disoriented and slurred his words.

The 30-year-old Marbury is averaging 15.2 points per game this season.

No where in the article is ANY info given about how Steph might dish any dirt on Isiah.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...stephon_marbury_awol_from_knicks_morning.html

Good post Shuges....the media loves to hate Marbury. Isiah shouldn't be holding anyone accountable for anything when he has not been held accountable forhis actions.

SHUGES thats crazy
laugh.gif
, i hope isiah and marbury make up so the media can just get owned and stop making up these crazy stories. they trying to turnthis is into a real 7:30pm sop opera word to daytime television.

There are teams out there that are desperate for a PG. Cleveland, Houston, Sacramento to name a few. Don't know if they'll be a good fit for Marbury orif they'll give up whatever the Knicks are looking for in return for Marbury if they're looking to trade him... but I'm just throwing it out there.

... and I have Marbury in one of my fantasy leagues
smh.gif

lol at how so many people hated on steph and his style, but they would take him on their team... and im not talking about one person here.

but this whole thing is making me infuriated, like everytime we had high hopes for a season and things started looking bright, its pulled from below us. thiswhole thing sucks this joint is more than what the media is saying it is. and the media couldnt instigate anymore

for example that pic shuges showed, I mean what the hell?

this whole thing sucks, everything sucks damn man not even 10 games into the season isiah talkin wreckless, all the other times i would stand by zeke but thisright here i dont,
I guess I stood by steph more than i did zeke.

fans should throw a riot at msg next home game if steph not there. cause i love the organization and all but it is making me very upset

Rockets do NOT need or want Steph. Houston is not dumb enough to try that horrible Stephon/Franchise tandem like the Knicks did.
smh.gif

Cleveland yeah.

Sonics.

Lakers. (Do it Mitch!
laugh.gif
)

Every other team is set or can't afford him (like Denver or Boston)

I still can't get over the "dirt" that Steph is supposed to be spilling.
smh.gif

Thank God we traded that bum and his contract to the Knicks for a box of laundry detergent and a couple of basketballs.
It allowed us to have the funds to sign Steve Nash, and the laundry detergent kept our jerseys smelling oh so fresh and clean.

It's a good picture to post.

A reminder to all that Zeke may have the wheels on the car spinning. But that car ain't going nowhere!

thats bull @*@% steph my fav player and i live in ny so im huge Knick fan..hopefully this will soon be over and Starbury will hit the courts with the knicksand we def gonna make playoff this year
glasses.gif

They're rumoring (espn insider, so as credible as you want to make it)

Artest, Thomas, and SAR for Marbury, Balkman, and Morris.

Anyways, as much as the Kings "seem" to need a point guard. We don't. We're trying to wose this season and rebuild. Why should we take on a$40 million+ contract for a point guard to hmm.... pair him up with a $25 million + point guard? Seems kinda Thomas-ie. Bibby will be back in a couple ofmonths. Until then, we shall wose our way to the lottery.

Knicks-Clippers Preview
By JON PALMIERI, STATS Senior Writer
Posted Nov 14 2007 1:40AM

Playing without two starters is hard enough. Now the struggling New York Knicks will be without point guard Stephon Marbury for an undetermined amount of time.

The Knicks figure to be without leading scorer Zach Randolph and Marbury again on Wednesday night when they continue a four-game road trip with a game against the Los Angeles Clippers at Staples Center.

Controversy seems to follow the Knicks, and their latest incident involves Marbury, who left the team before Tuesday's game at Phoenix. Marbury was absent from the morning shootaround, and failed to show up for the game.

Coach Isiah Thomas would only confirm Marbury had left and that the guard will be welcome if and when he chooses to return.

"That is an in-house matter, and we'll continue to keep it in-house,'' Thomas said after the shootaround. "However, he is welcome back, and we want him as a member of this team.''

Thomas and Marbury haven't had the best relationship, particularly since Thomas took over the dual role as head coach in addition to team president.

"It seems like he and I go through this every November, then a couple of weeks go by and we kind of kiss and make up, then we go back to the business of trying to win basketball games,'' Thomas said.

Without Marbury, Randolph and Quentin Richardson, the Knicks opened the trip with a 113-102 defeat. Jamal Crawford scored 21 points, Fred Jones added 19 and Nate Robinson had 18 as New York (2-4) lost its third straight overall and remained winless in two road games this season.

Randolph, averaging team highs of 20.3 points and 13.5 rebounds, has missed the last two games following the death of his grandmother and may not play Wednesday. Richardson, meanwhile, sat out with a hyperextended right elbow.

The Knicks also lost Mardy Collins, Marbury's replacement at the point, with a mild sprain of his right foot six minutes into the game.

Minus three starters, New York was forced to play Jones 45 minutes, 37 seconds - his highest total in three years.

Now, New York will try to end an eight-game road losing streak to the Clippers (4-2). The Knicks haven't beaten them at Los Angeles since a 77-76 victory on March 25, 1998, when the Clippers played at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.

Los Angeles (4-2) opened this season with four straight wins, but dropped its second in a row Sunday, 103-95 loss to visiting Cleveland.

Sam Cassell scored 28 points to lead the Clippers. Corey Maggette had 25 points and 11 rebounds, the first time this season someone other than Chris Kaman led the team in rebounding.

"If we keep getting this effort, we'll be fine,'' Cassell said. "This was a heck of an effort. I'm mad that we lost, but if we keep playing the way we played tonight, we'll win 70 percent of our games.''

Both of the Clippers' losses have come without guard Cuttino Mobley, who suffered a strained right abductor Nov. 7 in Indiana. Mobley, third on the team in scoring with 18.3 points per game, will miss his third straight game Wednesday.

Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy is two victories from tying Jack Ramsay's franchise record of 158 set from 1972-76.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ry_threatens_to_dish_info_about_isiah_thomas/

Marbury Threatens To Dish Info About Isiah Thomas

According to a person close to the team, Stephon Marbury's air rage began when Eddy Curry, following a conversation with Isiah Thomas, told Marbury that he and Marbury were being pulled from the starting lineup against the Suns.

Upon hearing that he would back up second-year guard Mardy Collins, Marbury marched toward the front of the plane to meet with Thomas. Five minutes later, an enraged Marbury told his teammates that if he wasn't starting he wouldn't suit up for the game. But it was something else Marbury said that stunned his teammates in the back of the luxury plane.

"Isiah has to start me," Marbury fumed, according to the source. "I've got so much (stuff) on Isiah and he knows it. He thinks he can (get) me. But I'll (get) him first. You have no idea what I know."

It is unclear if Marbury made the same threat directly to Thomas, whose first big move as team president was trading for Marbury.

Isiah is untouchable....how he got to that level, I don't know...but for a man who has had as many problems making a competitive roster as he has with hisoff-the-court transgressions, I just don't know how he escapes the blame 99% of the time. He should have been canned a long time ago. People look at hisrecord after he took over for Larry Brown and were actually IMPRESSED by the job that he did. No matter how you look at it, the Knicks have underachieved forthe longest time. When you have as much talent as the Knicks have, the playoffs should be a sure thing year in and year out. Personally, I feel as though hehas done a horrible job coaching, and his relationship with Dolan is hurting the team and it's reputation. They are and always will be a joke until he andor Dolan is gone.

something else must have gone down in that conversation between IT and dolan. Marbury has bee benched before and never responded like this

Sorry but Marbury sounds like the baby here, it's always something with this guy....dude's sour that he gets called out (whether it was a valid callout or not) and he gets mad enough where he actually leaves the team and flies home. I mean think about that. I know cats on here like to defend Marbury aboutmost everything, but lets be real - it got so bad he was either sent home or he decided on his own to go home. And that aint good nor does that ever happen.

And I cant even imagine a team trading for this guy this month... What would be the point? Even if you have a need at PG why take on his salary (although imsure NY will have to pay some of it), his age now, and his attitude he eventually will have. Dude cant even get along with Zeke, his main supporter. He wasbasically given up on in PHX, was basically given up on in New Jersey, and has had former teammates and coaches comment on how frustrating he is to play with.And as an added bonus his teams don't win either. We've been over this a million times, it's 2008 already and it's the same story.

Bottom line - I wouldnt trade for the guy if the Knicks said they would pay his entire salary and also give me additional money.

alg_marbury2.jpg

For years, Thomas has been Marbury's strongest advocate, always siding with him whenever Marbury feuded with teammates or coaches. But theirrelationship was strained this summer after Marbury acted in a bizarre manner during several television interviews. Also, Marbury's testimony during theAnucha Browne Sanders sexual harassment trial reflected poorly on Thomas, who was eventually found liable in the case.

The trial revealed what those around the team already knew - that it was Marbury's show and whatever antics he pulled, he always had Thomas'blessing. But Marbury's testimony and Dolan's testimony damaged Thomas' case and now Thomas is the one whose public image has taken a beating.

Thomas is under the microscope more than ever, and his decision to remove Marbury from the starting lineup looks like an act of desperation as wellas a case of trying to use Marbury as a scapegoat.

Maybe Isiah needed to stop the friendly player/coach relationships

he was gettin on guys during the game like I hadn't seen before

I like it

Back
Top Bottom