Marbury's Days In New York Numbered? Update: Leaves the team?

Isaiah isn't even that bad of a talent evaluator but he completely lacks the ability to make fiscally responsible decisions.

what are you talking about? the man averaged 20 and 8 every season, anyone would have given him that contract.

steph for kobe.. straight up, no chaser.
seriously, why don't the knicks trade for kobe? whatever the trade ends up being, it still leaves the knicks in good shape. we can trade forkobe and not gut the team.

and i'm going to go ahead and agree with everyone else, this article is bogus.

these posts gotta stay on the Knicks season post. If not these ******ed outsiders with no credibility comment on this, and they got no clue on anything, and itjust gets Knicks fans like me and the others mad heated.

But Isiah DID trade for him with that contract

Look,

dolan has got to go first and foremost

Isiah could be a nice GM, and I want another coach

But that aint happening

This team is just stuck right now

That's the best word to describe the orginization, stuck.

If this team with the talent level on it cant make the playoffs, its time to clean house..

something that should have been done 6 years ago

According to the Mike and the Mad Dog show (WFAN) sources at the Garden have confirmed that Marbury has left the Knicks indefinitley. He was not present atthis mornings shootaround. However, the team has welcomed him back and if he does come back before tonights game he will play. Word is that Marbury got intoan argument with a team official most likely regarding todays story regarding a potential buyout.

More should come of this story in the next few hours.....

Personally I think the Knicks have handled this situation horribly and Marbury has every right to be upset.

Upset at what tho...its part of being a pro athlete, he's coming off as a selfish jerk by leaving the team

I as a fan and you watching this team has every right to be upset at him and the team

5 games in and I can't take this crap anymore

You guys need to get some games under your belt with Z-Bo at full strength before you evaluate your team. They'll be fine. Also, Frank is a clown.

Originally Posted by chikickz

Uh oh. Is Marbury mad? There's always broadcasting.

roll.gif
@ the thought of Marbury in broadcasting

On the brightside, perhaps Knick fans will get a chance to see how Marbury hurts the team more than it helps them.

Posts like this are why I don't like season threads. This is breaking news, I shouldn't have to check the Knicks season thread just to see if anybreaking news happened. Anyway, this situation could really get interesting even though Marbury has played really well this year.

allen3xis....say what you want about Marbury but you know and I know from watching the team the past 2 seasons that the man has changed his game. Now for thisto come out in the media that they are talking about reducing his role and potentially buying him out without going to him first?! If I was Marbury I would bemad too. I know the Knicks were not happy with his off the court actions this summer...but they did not discipline him then!! You reduce someone role due totheir PLAY ON THE COURT!! Marbury has unselfishly changed his game for the team and has played well thus far.

Also five games into the season is not the time for this. If you are Dolan how can you even discuss reducing Marbury's role or buying him out as punishmentand not do anything to Isiah for his actions which he was found guilty of in court. As a lifelong Knick fan I am embarrassed....this is a joke. Everyone at theGarden needs to be fired!!

EDIT: BTW this is BREAKING NEWS that I thought everyone (including non-Knicks fans) would find interesting so I chose not to put it in the season thread.

Posts like this are why I don't like season threads. This is breaking news, I shouldn't have to check the Knicks season thread just to see if any breaking news happened.

Yeah thats my main complaint. Not everyone is gonna be happy, though.

I know the Knicks were not happy with his off the court actions this summer...but they did not discipline him then
laugh.gif
thats funny, they better not use that as an excuse whentheir head coach and GM has lost a sexual harrassment case and is the main reason Marbury's indiscressions came to light.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

But Isiah DID trade for him with that contract

Look,

dolan has got to go first and foremost

Isiah could be a nice GM, and I want another coach

But that aint happening

This team is just stuck right now

Thats the best word to describe the orginization, stuck.

If this team with the talent level on it cant make the playoffs, its time to clean house..

something that should have been done 6 years ago

Holy *#!!, all this after we were boasting about our team last week. Now Zeke is talking about benching Stephon? Look i am just as upset about the loss toMiami, but we have to take into consideration that we didnt have Z Bo and we lost Q. Isiah is critisizing the D?
smh.gif
the D was the only thing that was the good, we held them to 76 points. how much morecan you ask for? That is like losing 3-0 in a football game and than blaming the defense for the loss. And Marbury was working his+!#% off all night to getover screens, contest shots, and etc. If Zeke does bench him tonight, i am pissed as well if i am Steph. If he should be critiized for anything last game itshould be poor decision making, not defense. And if Zeke was pissed he should have sat Steph and sent hima message or something but he played the whole 4thquater.
smh.gif
at Isiah if this is true. But other than that, clean the house??? Noway right now. I agree that we should if we dont make the playoffs. If we dont, Isiah needs to go, Marbury needs to go, etc. But i think if we get back ontrack we are still that sick team we were last week that beat the Nuggets. Once agin if we get Zach back we are much better. I like the way we are right now,and if yalls dont overreact over 1 game, im sure we will get back on track and be where we were when we beat the Nuggets. @@!+ were 2-3 relax. If we get saltyafter every loss we are in for a long season, we just need to keep doing what we were doing from the start and Steph sure as hell is included in those plans atstarting PG. If we do all that and just do our thing like we were doing ang not let the media/haters @@!+ with our heads, we WILL make the playoffs and more.But once again, i have said it from the start people/media love to hate the Knicks right now, we just have to do our thing and not pay attention if we do thatwe will turn their heads, but if we let them @@!+ with us and our chemistry than we will have a long bad season.

EDIT: I would LOVE to see Dolan go though, that is one thing that i agree with there

Back
Top Bottom