Marbury's Days In New York Numbered? Update: Leaves the team?

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

WE WANT STARBURY!!! WE WANT STARBURY!!!
laugh.gif
You're kidding right? If he does get bought out, I hope the Clippers steer clear.

Originally Posted by Woodside718

yo HTTB when did you put that avy up i think it was recent? either you jinxed us or you know the future lol. so tell me what team is kobe going to?
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
I had it up a long time ago, and I just put it back up recently because it was theonly avy I had that would fit with the new NT format. I'm horrible luck.
frown.gif

As forKobe, he'll be coming to the Knicks for Jerome James and Jared Jeffries (crosses fingers).
laugh.gif

man this is a joke of an organization, and has been for the past few years.....I mean, if Larry Brown couldn't get it done......but Marbury does take a lotof the blame from the media about the Knicks.......One is Stephen A. Smith's radio show on 1050 ESPN in New York where he bashed Stephon Marbury on hisshow about one year ago.........

Stephen A. Smith bashing Starbury (part 1)

Part 2

indifferent.gif
@ this dude 3peat, what the hell are u talkin about. You obviously don't know where that Steven A Smith vid stems from. You're comin way out of leftfield my dude. You might want to take a seat over there, sit out a play or two.

word dude put up videos from like 2 seasons ago lol. on the other hand [marbury] you're going down in flamessssssss [marbury]

airmaxpenny1:
indifferent.gif
@ this dude 3peat, what the hell are u talkin about. You obviously don't know where that Steven A Smith vid stems from. You're comin way out of left field my dude. You might want to take a seat over there, sit out a play or two.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
that video was an example.what I am basically saying is Marbury takes a lot of heat for the Knicks troubles and has for a while now.....If you denythat.........
smh.gif

As a Nets fan who has seen starbury through his bad times in New Jersey and his bad times in New York, He has changed his game over the past two seasons withthe knicks passing the ball more and being more present on defense.

Now, He still shoots alot of shots and has made statements that he wants to shoot more this year numerous times already. He is a point guard.

I don't care what his scoring ability is and what his offensive game is like. If you have two low post players like Curry and Randolph on your team, youshould be looking at getting them the ball and making them better. Yeah, I can be bashed by saying that I have watched Kidd for the past seven years but lookat other point guards as well. Nash, Davis, Paul, they make there teams better while also being able to take a load of the offense. Starbury either plays likea shooting man one night or scores 10 and has double digits dimes and plays good defense. If Starbury would just play the point, he would have this Knick teamin the playoffs.

Maybe even getting rid of the starbury persona would help as well since his all-star status has been gone for awhile now and maybe it is time for the knicks tosay goodbye.

Still, it was against the MIAMI HEAT. One game. Yeah the west coast trip is going to probably be bad but every east team not named detroit and probably bostonplays horrible out west.

The Knick are still in it just like the Nets, Heat, Wizards, Raptors, etc etc.

Dolan is over reacting in my opinion just like some of the knick fans here.

I have said for years that Starbury can not carry a team by him self as the star. He should be at the 2 spot with a true point guard running the show.

It's real peeps. NYK fans De"Nile" is not just a river in Africa.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3108416

PHOENIX -- Stephon Marbury left the New York Knicks on Tuesday, fueling speculation that his future with the team is in doubt.

TRADE MACHINE

Think making a deal in the NBA is easy? Try your hand at being a general manager and putting your own trade scenarios together. ESPN.com Trade Machine

The point guard reportedly sent two text messages to the New York Post saying that he had permission to leave the team in Phoenix and fly back to New York. Hearrived at approximately 4 p.m.

"I have one thing to say, and that's I got permission to leave," Marbury wrote. "I would never leave my team on my own. What I'm tellingyou is that I got permission to leave from Isiah. He said I could go home. God bless. Peace be with you."

The Knicks said that coach Isiah Thomas would address the situation before Tuesday night's game against the Suns.

Marbury indicated that he would likely not join the team for Wednesday's game against the Clippers in Los Angeles.

"No, I'm not coming to LA as of now," he said.

Several area media outlets reported earlier on Tuesday that Marbury had missed the Knicks' morning practice.

Thomas told reporters on Tuesday that Mardy Collins would start in Marbury's place Tuesday night against the Suns.

Thomas declined to comment on reports in the New York Daily News earlier Tuesday that Marbury's role would be "reduced" and that there had beendiscussions to try to move Marbury.

Marbury's contract is worth $42 million over the next two seasons. If the Knicks buy out Marbury, he'd be a free agent. He could also be traded.

Ironically, Marbury and Thomas are both represented by agent Jordan Bazant. Bazant has not returned a phone call from 1050 ESPN New York seeking comment.

Marbury

"Any type of penalty or suspension will be in-house and we'll try to keep it within the confines of our team. This is an in-house matter with our teamand we'll keep it and leave it at that," Thomas told reporters. "We hope to see [Marbury] tonight at the game. However, if he's not, make nomistake about it, we want him as a member of our basketball team."

Marbury came to Phoenix with his Knicks teammates on Monday. On Tuesday afternoon, his whereabouts created confusion. Thomas told reporters he was unsure ifMarbury was still in Phoenix, and Knicks vice president of public relations Jonathan Supranowitz said Marbury was "doubtful" in an interview with1050 ESPN New York's Andrew Marchand.

The game against the Suns is the first of four on a West Coast swing for New York.

Thomas said this was not the first time this kind of incident has happened.

"It seems like he and I go through this every November, then a couple of weeks go by and we kind of kiss and make up, then we go back to the business oftrying to win basketball games," he said.

Information from The Associated Press is included in this report

I'm not a Knicks fan, but I look forward to seeing a better team absent Stephon Marbury.

Maybe even getting rid of the starbury persona
Good luck. Stephon flirted with the idea of dusting off the "Starbury" persona last season. Everyone that understands winning in theNBA knows that your point guard putting up MORE shots isn't the way to do it. Starbury was a jump shooter. The scoring point guards in the L on winningclubs get to the rim. Getting to the rim turns and twists the defense creating passing lanes as well.

I wish the Starbury character would just die, but Marbury would probably turn that attempt over too.

Originally Posted by chikickz

I'm not a Knicks fan, but I look forward to seeing a better team absent Stephon Marbury.

Maybe even getting rid of the starbury persona
Good luck. Stephon flirted with the idea of dusting off the "Starbury" persona last season. Everyone that understands winning in the NBA knows that your point guard putting up MORE shots isn't the way to do it. Starbury was a jump shooter. The scoring point guards in the L on winning clubs get to the rim. Getting to the rim turns and twists the defense creating passing lanes as well.

I wish the Starbury character would just die, but Marbury would probably turn that attempt over too.

Son, you're buggin'.

Are you saying that Steph or Starbury, or whoever we're talking about, doesn't get to the rim?
laugh.gif

wow, i just can laugh at what the hell I am hearing here.
so u mean to tell me steph has received the blame for the past game or so?

i aint read everything but what REALLY did this stem from? i mean we have lost games before, and nothin like this ever happened.

yo honestly, if steph is forced to leave the team... EVEN if isiah said he can stay, he was straight disrespected, and I dont blame him for leaving

are the tv appearances really THAT important? a man excited for the upcoming season? please.
and the affair between steph and an intern? is that a reason behind it? please... that would be like the pot calling the kettle black. isiah would then have tobench himself.

i dont get whats really goin on here... i am upset cause steph is my boy, and I would stand up and argue for this man EVERYTIME

the brawl thing i honestly could believe cause that is one thing that would lead to all of this, throwing away a ball wouldnt lead to this,
steph avg decent numbers this season so its not like he was horrendous this season to lead to this i mean, hell look at jerome james!!!

dude does nothing! he's the one who should be bought out, steph produces a 100 x more than james but he is the one hearing about his contract being boughtout? i mean come on this has to do with something personal and the last game maybe pushed isiah and or dolan over the edge.

Buying Marbs contract out would be a mistake. Just keep him on the team for the next 2 seasons and move on.

The only problems with the organization lies with Dolan and Isiah, not the players brought in.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

^^Coming from a swamprat, that deserves no credibility whatsoever. The old "Starbury" was talented but selfish. We have the new and improved Starbury, who we lost a little talent froom, although he is still very talented and a giffted scorer when he looks to score, but he does not have the "old Starbury" ways. He is a leader for us, and only looks to get his teamates involved. He is a great match for us, and the amount of hate on this post is ridiculous. Y'alls acting like we are a done trash team. But i cant completely blame all of you, because Zeke is ocverrreacting over nothing right now.

First of all, son, I'm not from NJ so you need to shut your%$+! up
laugh.gif
and stoptalkin wreckless behind your computer screen doggie. If you hopped off Stephon's sack for a minute you'd see he hasn't been a good fit for thisteam for a while but I can understand Knicks fans wanting to force the issue with him in NY.

I don't get why they want to get rid of Steph or bench him...
I'm sorry, NY Knick fans, without him say bye bye to any chances at a shot to the playoffs. There's no one that could do it better than him even if hewasnt a good fit. Maybe the Cavs will have a new PG?

And I have him on my fantasy roster too, even more of a bummer.
Knicks staff = fail.

Damn it's gonna be a tough game tonight without Starbury and Z-Bo. was looking forward to watching it and using it as a barometer. Guess not....

Back
Top Bottom