Malcolm X thread.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Hold up. MLK was going to get black people killed? You don't think the US Govt would have squashed the NOI movement like a bug if they started acting violently? Where is the logic in your statement?

Civil Rights Act, Voting Rights Act, 24th Amendment are all just figments of my imagination I guess. Can't believe MLK is being denigrated like this
smh.gif

Malcolm X himself renounced his work in the NOI. He was so smart he could honestly admit his mistakes. That's why I respect even more.
There's a lot of denial in this thread, you're wasting your time. And apparently MLK is now synonymous with being an Uncle Tom
laugh.gif

And I was going to point out the futility of violent revolution earlier.....if this really was his plan it would not have ended well to say the least.
laugh.gif

MLK, the king of the Uncle Toms....I'll live with it
pimp.gif

Not as much misinformation as I imagined there would be in this thread... but y'all should really dig deeper than just the Autobiography for a much greater understanding of Malcolm.  There is an entire series of Malcolm's speeches and interviews published by Pathfinder Press that I would strongly recommend.

I Am Knowledge dropping knowledge for real.

While it should be obvious why King has been canonized by the U.S. media and not Malcolm (someone already spoke on it in this thread), Malcolm was really ahead of his time in a lot of ways and King played catch-up in a lot of respects in the years after Malcolm's assassination and before his.  These things include linking domestic racism and exploitation with imperialism and colonialism abroad, addressing economic equality in addition to social equality, etc.

Not as much misinformation as I imagined there would be in this thread... but y'all should really dig deeper than just the Autobiography for a much greater understanding of Malcolm.  There is an entire series of Malcolm's speeches and interviews published by Pathfinder Press that I would strongly recommend.

I Am Knowledge dropping knowledge for real.

While it should be obvious why King has been canonized by the U.S. media and not Malcolm (someone already spoke on it in this thread), Malcolm was really ahead of his time in a lot of ways and King played catch-up in a lot of respects in the years after Malcolm's assassination and before his.  These things include linking domestic racism and exploitation with imperialism and colonialism abroad, addressing economic equality in addition to social equality, etc.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

This.....I mean technically speaking black people have no business practicing Islam either.

Anyhow MLK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MALCOM X, I'll just leave it at that.
 Explain
nerd.gif

I'll keep it short I'm really not tryna get into it today with Team Race Card. Non-violent resistance worked for India (Ganhi), South Africa (Nelson Mandela). Violence begets violence.

"There are many people who feel that it is useless and futile for us to continue talking peace and non-violence - against a government whose only reply is savage attacks on an unarmed and defenceless people. And I think the time has come for us to consider, in the light of our experiences at this day at home, whether the methods which we have applied so far are adequate."-NELSON MANDELA

nelson_mandela-fist_in_air.jpg

UNCLE TOM
pimp.gif

With that being said....

Evil does exist in the world. A non-violent movement could not have halted Hitler's armies. Negotiations cannot convince al Qaeda's leaders to lay down their arms. To say that force may sometimes be necessary is not a call to cynicism — it is a recognition of history; the imperfections of man and the limits of reason.-Barack Obama

Let me put it this way, the approach to every revolution is situational. Black America was NOT going to win the battle of arms against the white government. Putting myself in the shoes of the white man, a violent uprising from black people at that time is EXACTLY what I would want. THINK ABOUT IT.
wink.gif

This.....I mean technically speaking black people have no business practicing Islam either.

Anyhow MLK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MALCOM X, I'll just leave it at that.
 Explain
nerd.gif

I'll keep it short I'm really not tryna get into it today with Team Race Card. Non-violent resistance worked for India (Ganhi), South Africa (Nelson Mandela). Violence begets violence.

"There are many people who feel that it is useless and futile for us to continue talking peace and non-violence - against a government whose only reply is savage attacks on an unarmed and defenceless people. And I think the time has come for us to consider, in the light of our experiences at this day at home, whether the methods which we have applied so far are adequate."-NELSON MANDELA

nelson_mandela-fist_in_air.jpg

UNCLE TOM
pimp.gif

With that being said....

Evil does exist in the world. A non-violent movement could not have halted Hitler's armies. Negotiations cannot convince al Qaeda's leaders to lay down their arms. To say that force may sometimes be necessary is not a call to cynicism — it is a recognition of history; the imperfections of man and the limits of reason.-Barack Obama

Let me put it this way, the approach to every revolution is situational. Black America was NOT going to win the battle of arms against the white government. Putting myself in the shoes of the white man, a violent uprising from black people at that time is EXACTLY what I would want. THINK ABOUT IT.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

However, you have to really think about this.  Is it easier to change the establishment once you are a part of the establishment

Why spend all your time hoping someone will allow you into a restaurant that you can't even afford to eat in?  Malcolm wasn't totally against assimilation, although at one point he was, but he figured that assimilation should not be the first priority within the Black community.  He argued that Blacks need to control their political and economic capital, and stop spending all their time trying to convince a group of people that hated them that they were worthy of being accepted. 

And once Black folks got their stuff together it wouldn't be a matter of being accepted because the law tells you that you should, and in the case of possible assimilation, blacks would not have to depend on a group of people who had oppressed them for hundreds of years because they could depend on themselves.  In this case, X was really a conservative. 

How do you control your own political capital if you don't assimilate?  You can't form your own political party.  I mean you can but you'll be considered pretty much a joke like Ralph Nader and Green Party(I think that's what they are called)  If you have no voice in voting, especially on the local level, how do you control your own political capital?

It's also naive to say that we were trying to convince a group of people that hated us that we were worthy of being accepted.  There were many white people that played important roles in the civil rights movement. 

Also, just because you assimilate does not mean that you necessarily have to depend on other people or your "oppressor" for opportunities. 

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

However, you have to really think about this.  Is it easier to change the establishment once you are a part of the establishment

Why spend all your time hoping someone will allow you into a restaurant that you can't even afford to eat in?  Malcolm wasn't totally against assimilation, although at one point he was, but he figured that assimilation should not be the first priority within the Black community.  He argued that Blacks need to control their political and economic capital, and stop spending all their time trying to convince a group of people that hated them that they were worthy of being accepted. 

And once Black folks got their stuff together it wouldn't be a matter of being accepted because the law tells you that you should, and in the case of possible assimilation, blacks would not have to depend on a group of people who had oppressed them for hundreds of years because they could depend on themselves.  In this case, X was really a conservative. 

How do you control your own political capital if you don't assimilate?  You can't form your own political party.  I mean you can but you'll be considered pretty much a joke like Ralph Nader and Green Party(I think that's what they are called)  If you have no voice in voting, especially on the local level, how do you control your own political capital?

It's also naive to say that we were trying to convince a group of people that hated us that we were worthy of being accepted.  There were many white people that played important roles in the civil rights movement. 

Also, just because you assimilate does not mean that you necessarily have to depend on other people or your "oppressor" for opportunities. 

shoot I meant the practicing Islam line
laugh.gif

Definitely agree with what you just said though
Oh my bad......I typed all that for no reason. What I meant is that Islam and all the Judeochristian religions were introduced to or forced on Africans. My ancestors weren't Muslim.

shoot I meant the practicing Islam line
laugh.gif

Definitely agree with what you just said though
Oh my bad......I typed all that for no reason. What I meant is that Islam and all the Judeochristian religions were introduced to or forced on Africans. My ancestors weren't Muslim.

I dont usually agree with Mr. Lavey and his Lucifer spewing rhetoric but w/o MLK, there would be no Barack Obama..................... and while I do respect Malcolm for reading the entire dictionary and memorizing in prison and all the countless efforts he took.... it pales in comparison to a real education. We dont call him Dr. cuz it was cute, this was a seriously educated man, you think Martin didn't wanna Smack the smile off a whites man face than you are fooling yourself, but he took it upon himself to take on a mission much bigger than himself.

BTW in the 60's there was no SELF DEFENSE for a black man in the South.... what are you ppl smoking?

Originally Posted by ShoxBb433

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Some main points that stuck from reading his autobiography was how he proclaimed christianity was the slave master's religion and blacks have no business practicing Christianity which I agree with.
Man it seems that we either don't care to acknowledge that or we don't know or think about it. I ask people this all the time and nobody can seem to give me an answer. Whatever the slave master did to get us to believe in it, he did a GREAT job. A GREAT job. We are terrified to even question the legitimacy of Christianity.
I was raised christian but as I become more knowledgeable and educated I couldn't see the legitimacy. Malcolm said that Christianity's turn the other cheek philosophy is the reason we have been oppressed like we have. He says the slave master promised a heaven after death while the slavemaster was living heaven on earth. I also believe that the blond blue-eyed jesus most christians worship increases subconscious thoughts of white supremacy and self-hatred. 
What proof do you or Malcolm for that matter have of Christianity and specifically the teachings of Jesus to turn the other cheek being the reason for the long-suffered oppression of black people?  One of the most profound messages that came from reading the autobiography and watching the Spike Lee Joint was that to a certain extent, Malcolm was misguided in his thinking while under the direction of the Nation.  Once he broke free from their guidance, Malcolm was able to see the value of people and the diversity of their beliefs.  
The type of quotation that you highlighted from Malcolm is most likely one that he would've regretted making before his death.  "I did many things as a [Black] Muslim that I'm sorry for now. I was a zombie then—like all [Black] Muslims—I was hypnotized, pointed in a certain direction and told to march. "  Militant Malcolm held beliefs and made statements that alienated people.  He was stuck on color-- and for most of his life helped to create further divisions between blacks/whites  christians/muslims.  Jesus being portrayed as having blonde hair and blue eyes does little IMO to promote white supremacy... it's not that serious.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Some main points that stuck from reading his autobiography was how he proclaimed christianity was the slave master's religion and blacks have no business practicing Christianity which I agree with.
Man it seems that we either don't care to acknowledge that or we don't know or think about it. I ask people this all the time and nobody can seem to give me an answer. Whatever the slave master did to get us to believe in it, he did a GREAT job. A GREAT job. We are terrified to even question the legitimacy of Christianity.
I was raised christian but as I become more knowledgeable and educated I couldn't see the legitimacy. Malcolm said that Christianity's turn the other cheek philosophy is the reason we have been oppressed like we have. He says the slave master promised a heaven after death while the slavemaster was living heaven on earth. I also believe that the blond blue-eyed jesus most christians worship increases subconscious thoughts of white supremacy and self-hatred. 
What proof do you or Malcolm for that matter have of Christianity and specifically the teachings of Jesus to turn the other cheek being the reason for the long-suffered oppression of black people?  One of the most profound messages that came from reading the autobiography and watching the Spike Lee Joint was that to a certain extent, Malcolm was misguided in his thinking while under the direction of the Nation.  Once he broke free from their guidance, Malcolm was able to see the value of people and the diversity of their beliefs.  
The type of quotation that you highlighted from Malcolm is most likely one that he would've regretted making before his death.  "I did many things as a [Black] Muslim that I'm sorry for now. I was a zombie then—like all [Black] Muslims—I was hypnotized, pointed in a certain direction and told to march. "  Militant Malcolm held beliefs and made statements that alienated people.  He was stuck on color-- and for most of his life helped to create further divisions between blacks/whites  christians/muslims.  Jesus being portrayed as having blonde hair and blue eyes does little IMO to promote white supremacy... it's not that serious.

I dont usually agree with Mr. Lavey and his Lucifer spewing rhetoric but w/o MLK, there would be no Barack Obama..................... and while I do respect Malcolm for reading the entire dictionary and memorizing in prison and all the countless efforts he took.... it pales in comparison to a real education. We dont call him Dr. cuz it was cute, this was a seriously educated man, you think Martin didn't wanna Smack the smile off a whites man face than you are fooling yourself, but he took it upon himself to take on a mission much bigger than himself.

BTW in the 60's there was no SELF DEFENSE for a black man in the South.... what are you ppl smoking?

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Why houldn't black people practice islam?
They can practice whatever the hell they want, my point is Islam isn't an inherently African/Black religion like some people like to insinuate. Islam was brought to Africa.

They can practice whatever the hell they want, my point is Islam isn't an inherently African/Black religion like some people like to insinuate. Islam was brought to Africa.

Originally Posted by gambit215

HATERZ GONNA HATE

121satan%5B6%5D.jpg

Originally Posted by gambit215

HATERZ GONNA HATE

121satan%5B6%5D.jpg

Islam was enslaving blacks on the African continent  before christianity came and did likewise. Both 2 in the same for blacks.

Islam was enslaving blacks on the African continent  before christianity came and did likewise. Both 2 in the same for blacks.

Back
Top Bottom