Malcolm X thread.

I read up on Nation of Islam, it's essentially the Black American equivalent of Mormonism....interesting stuff. It's bulls%% but interesting nonetheless.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Why houldn't black people practice islam?
They can practice whatever the hell they want, my point is Islam isn't an inherently African/Black religion like some people like to insinuate. Islam was brought to Africa.

Islam was enslaving blacks on the African continent  before christianity came and did likewise. Both 2 in the same for blacks.

Islam isn't an inherently Black religion but the Nation of Islam is.  Perhaps you guys are confusing the two?  The Nation of Islam was started like 70 years ago. 

The Nation of Islam is a religious organization founded in Detroit, Michigan, by Wallace D. Fard Muhammad in July 1930. He set out with the goal of resurrecting the spiritual, mental, social, and economic condition of the African American men and women of America.

I see what you are saying. I'm talking about the religious system though. The arabs came into Africa with Islam and enslaved blacks before whites saw how successful it was and made it into economic charter to do the same, but with their own version of christianity.  Even though it is NOI by title, it is still apart of the Islamic family tree of religions.   I was just saying that for all those who feel as if that religion is the true religion of black man when really it is more about the principles of Islam. Islam means submission ( of will to God's will, Allah's will, etc..). 

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Why houldn't black people practice islam?
They can practice whatever the hell they want, my point is Islam isn't an inherently African/Black religion like some people like to insinuate. Islam was brought to Africa.

Islam was enslaving blacks on the African continent  before christianity came and did likewise. Both 2 in the same for blacks.

Islam isn't an inherently Black religion but the Nation of Islam is.  Perhaps you guys are confusing the two?  The Nation of Islam was started like 70 years ago. 

The Nation of Islam is a religious organization founded in Detroit, Michigan, by Wallace D. Fard Muhammad in July 1930. He set out with the goal of resurrecting the spiritual, mental, social, and economic condition of the African American men and women of America.

I see what you are saying. I'm talking about the religious system though. The arabs came into Africa with Islam and enslaved blacks before whites saw how successful it was and made it into economic charter to do the same, but with their own version of christianity.  Even though it is NOI by title, it is still apart of the Islamic family tree of religions.   I was just saying that for all those who feel as if that religion is the true religion of black man when really it is more about the principles of Islam. Islam means submission ( of will to God's will, Allah's will, etc..). 

I read up on Nation of Islam, it's essentially the Black American equivalent of Mormonism....interesting stuff. It's bulls%% but interesting nonetheless.
laugh.gif

While I can't say I agree %100, I still feel you because I have learned some things from the NOI, but I still think it is part fiction.

laugh.gif

While I can't say I agree %100, I still feel you because I have learned some things from the NOI, but I still think it is part fiction.

Originally Posted by ShoxBb433

laugh.gif

yakoob

laugh.gif

yakoob

kix4kix wrote:
ShoxBb433 wrote:
AntonLaVey wrote:
laugh.gif

yakoob

The Knowledge
eek.gif

But peep the scope of how BOTH of them died.
Malcolm peeped how the NOI was apart of the "beast" and was like let me explore more.
He started to make the issues Universal.
White Jesus forbid that this dude recognized that the issues are universal and color blind and is now going to preach something closer to the truth.
MLK? He died around the time he started mentioning Vietnam. You got to understand Vietnam was the rest of Americas equivalent to the "black rights movement" You can teach more people and get more people to Over stand the oppression we as humans experience. Which would have made the rights movement COLOR BLIND.
Now the dollar is god and the back of the bills are printed with the "spell"

kix4kix wrote:
ShoxBb433 wrote:
AntonLaVey wrote:
laugh.gif

yakoob

The Knowledge
eek.gif

Malcolm peeped how the NOI was apart of the "beast" and was like let me explore more.
White Jesus forbid that this dude recognized that the issues are universal and color blind and is now going to preach something closer to the truth.
MLK? He died around the time he started mentioning Vietnam. You got to understand Vietnam was the rest of Americas equivalent to the "black rights movement" You can teach more people and get more people to Over stand the oppression we as humans experience. Which would have made the rights movement COLOR BLIND.

kix4kix wrote:
ShoxBb433 wrote:
AntonLaVey wrote:
laugh.gif

yakoob

The Knowledge
eek.gif

kix4kix wrote:
ShoxBb433 wrote:
AntonLaVey wrote:
laugh.gif

yakoob

The Knowledge
eek.gif

kix4kix wrote:
ShoxBb433 wrote:
AntonLaVey wrote:
laugh.gif

yakoob

The Knowledge
eek.gif

kix4kix wrote:
ShoxBb433 wrote:
AntonLaVey wrote:
laugh.gif

yakoob

The Knowledge
eek.gif

laugh.gif

yakoob

What about Yakub?

laugh.gif

yakoob

What about Yakub?

People in this thread need to read Tom Burrell's book

Brainwashed: Challenging the Myth of Black Inferiority

it will open your eyes

People in this thread need to read Tom Burrell's book

Brainwashed: Challenging the Myth of Black Inferiority

it will open your eyes

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

smh.gif
at one of his killers working at McDonalds here in NY to this day

Be clear.

Thomas Hagan was on work release in 1988 and was still spending nights in prison.

He's 69 and was brainwashed by the NOI at the time of Shabazz's murder.

I personally think that Malcolm was totally misunderstood by many people in America, both black and white.

To explain both points, I think that Malcolm was, like many others at the time, following the words of Elijah Muhammed as THE WORD of the Quaran. He was almost a drone and the voice of Nation of Islam as the charismatic person that could convey the message of Elijah Muhammed effectively.

The biggest difference is, like "Lamak" said, was that Malcolm was ever evolving. His steps as a man were always admirable to me. Martin Luther King was groomed to be a speaker, was groomed to be a reverend, was groomed to be that person of leadership. Malcolm, earned his. He was sniffing angel dust and running numbers for Christ sake. (no pun)

I don't know...I could go on forever with this topic...I read the Autobiography of Malcolm X at least 6 times since the 5th grade.

My-T.

smh.gif

Be clear.

Thomas Hagan was on work release in 1988 and was still spending nights in prison.

I personally think that Malcolm was totally misunderstood by many people in America, both black and white.

To explain both points, I think that Malcolm was, like many others at the time, following the words of Elijah Muhammed as THE WORD of the Quaran. He was almost a drone and the voice of Nation of Islam as the charismatic person that could convey the message of Elijah Muhammed effectively.

The biggest difference is, like "Lamak" said, was that Malcolm was ever evolving. His steps as a man were always admirable to me. Martin Luther King was groomed to be a speaker, was groomed to be a reverend, was groomed to be that person of leadership. Malcolm, earned his. He was sniffing angel dust and running numbers for Christ sake. (no pun)

I don't know...I could go on forever with this topic...I read the Autobiography of Malcolm X at least 6 times since the 5th grade.

My-T.

smh.gif

Be clear.

My-T.

smh.gif

Be clear.

My-T.

Back
Top Bottom