Lovecraft Country | Cancelled By HBO

Jurnee putting the Smollett name on her back, not letting ol boy tarnish the family legacy. :pimp:

Episode was heavy. mmediately recognized the names Leti said, because I legit just finished reading this book called Medical Apartheid a few weeks ago.
A lot to take and its sad as hell, but very necessary.

Last edited:
Jurnee putting the Smollett name on her back, not letting ol boy tarnish the family legacy. :pimp:

Episode was heavy. mmediately recognized the names Leti said, because I legit just finished reading this book called Medical Apartheid a few weeks ago.
A lot to take and its sad as hell, but very necessary.

Almost done with it myself

I enjoy how each episode is a non stop story from jump...Little to no filler and packed with details

So I see the white lady gon just be popping up wherever to troll the main characters huh? Sounds about right :lol: :smh:
That's why i'm not sure how people are confused, it's like one tight story each ep with the overall theme still lingering in the background.

I wonder if Dr. "Epstein" was just intentional. Dude did have breeding farm in new Mexico.

Boy, if stuff like this isn’t telling Black people to revisit your ancestors? I don’t know what to tell you!

Reactions: wr
Yesterday was by far the best paced episode. The story was dope. I like that you guys pointed out it's meant to be an anthology series. It really helps me to understand what I'm looking at in each episode.

I'm listening to the audiobook of this story as well. It definitely helps me to better understand the setting.

When Letti said "Does Tic remind you of George ?" to Hippolyta. :smh:

I'm assuming she knows, based on the animosity she has towards Tic ?

Just another reason why it was soo hard having Tic in the house after George's passing. He definitely reminded Hyp of George.

The music on this is fire.

Raphael Saadiq don't miss man

When Letti said "Does Tic remind you of George ?" to Hippolyta. :smh:

I'm assuming she knows, based on the animosity she has towards Tic ?
Just another reason why it was soo hard having Tic in the house after George's passing. He definitely reminded Hyp of George.

I was thinking the same thing. She already knows what's up

Rewatched the episode.

George still in the cut. I feel like that was him talking to the kids on the quija board and him that opened that door when Hippolyta saw that lil golden solar system structure.

I don't think I've seen a show like this before. I'm confused but I still really like this show. This easter egg is crazy...

I need definitive answers on who those kids were. Wardrobe is one thing, but if that tweet is true how does it relate to the story?

I need definitive answers on who those kids were. Wardrobe is one thing, but if that tweet is true how does it relate to the story?
They were just random kids other then Uncle George's daughter Diana. If you listen close, the kids called that one kid Bobo, which was Emmitt Til's nickname. It would have been too obvious if they called him Emmitt.

I highly doubt see those kids again.

Easter eggs are put into shows/movies just to see if the audience can catch them. Sometimes, they have absolutely nothing to do with the show as a whole.

One girl was George and Hyp's daughter, a supporting character on the show. They asked the Ouija board who was it that was trying to communicate with them. The board answered George, her father.

The Emmit Till and MLK Easter eggs were just there for us. I personally dont think they have anything to do with overall story.

Last edited:
Easter eggs are put into shows/movies just to see if the audience can catch them. Sometimes, they have absolutely nothing to do with the show as a whole.

One girl was George and Hyp's daughter, a supporting character on the show. They asked the Ouija board who was it that was trying to communicate with them. The board answered George, her father.

The Emmit Till and MLK Easter eggs were just there for us. I personally dont think they have anything to do with overall story.
The placement of the scene made me think it was a flashback, also was watching this after it aired so I might have just been tired :lol:

Back
Top Bottom