Lovecraft Country | Cancelled By HBO

This episode was a cluster**** and I thoroughly enjoyed it lol
Definitely felt a finale. Only episode 2 ...

images (5).jpeg

Every episode of this show has been like a finale.

The next book I'd love to be adapted is Kindred

1598813793273.png

If you've read it you know that the **** is WILD.

Damn, take out the last scene with Christina and this ep coulda been an entire film. A good movie at that.

This was a much more scarier concept. Way scarier than those monsters.

I love that in the realm of the supernatural, these episodes are making sense. It absolutely makes sense that Tic and Leti would once again channel their forefathers to expel that demon. Freeing themselves and the 8 victims that were trapped.

Soundtrack was bumpin too.

I originally thought that it was only the Braithewaite family descendants that had Powers but seems like Leti got them too.

So the Christina drew them into buying that house just to see them in action once again?

I originally thought that it was only the Braithewaite family descendants that had Powers but seems like Leti got them too.

WE all do.

There was a scene in this episode where Atticus mentions "white folks having magic on their side TOO" which says SOOOO much. They've perverted our sciences and reverse engineered them into "magic"...which is why they form fraternal orders where they do rituals and all types of **** ****. At the end of the day...it's all OUR ****.

They dress in robes and go in lodges and do all types of **** **** in order to access realms where you and i naturally reside spiritually

Last edited:
Leti got more heart than Atticus and that's not an insult to him either. That girl has a fire in her stomach you just have to respect.

If anyone else was traveling with Tic the group would've been bodied by the first episode.

And eventually you know his cousin (or should I say sister) is going to be getting in on the action for real.

VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL

I thought it was his "dad" who said it but yea that particular line stuck out to me also. I wanted to bring up that part but didnt really feel like digging real deep into it at the time. Thanks for bringing that up.

Damn, take out the last scene with Christina and this ep coulda been an entire film. A good movie at that.

This was a much more scarier concept. Way scarier than those monsters.

I love that in the realm of the supernatural, these episodes are making sense. It absolutely makes sense that Tic and Leti would once again channel their forefathers to expel that demon. Freeing themselves and the 8 victims that were trapped.

Soundtrack was bumpin too.

So the Christina drew them into buying that house just to see them in action once again?

Really enjoyed this episode for real. The spirits
/ancestors were warning/guiding Leti. The fact that voodum and black interpretation of church/holy ghost are in fact similar. And that’s a natural thing. The paddy wagon ride had me in my Freddie Gray feelings. James Baldwin Easter egg, MLK, Emmit Til. The very real thing that happened with white dr experimenting on black people. The quick hiding or the straps. All of it, was brilliant. HBO really makes it hard for me to watch other shows man. They set the bar so damn high lately.

Back
Top Bottom