LOST (GOAT SERIES) OFFICIAL THREAD VOL YOU CAN GO NOW.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by OvATyME316

WOW!!!! Great episode but damn a 2 week wait!?!?
smh.gif

Huh? A two week wait? I thought there were no breaks?

And somebody at work seems to think that alternate timeline Desmond and Island Desmond switched places... thats why he was so co-operative with Widmore when he woke up, and why he's all about finding the manifest of the plane now in the alternate world.... hmmm IDK
Yeah what the hell I didn't hear anything about a 2 week break.

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by OvATyME316

WOW!!!! Great episode but damn a 2 week wait!?!?
smh.gif

Huh? A two week wait? I thought there were no breaks?

And somebody at work seems to think that alternate timeline Desmond and Island Desmond switched places... thats why he was so co-operative with Widmore when he woke up, and why he's all about finding the manifest of the plane now in the alternate world.... hmmm IDK
Yeah what the hell I didn't hear anything about a 2 week break.
i kno. "Everybody loves hugo" airs April 13th. no clue wat he is on

I wasn't expecting to like last night's episode as much as I did. Being a "Constant" hater and all.

My theory is that in the end Desmond gets ahold of everyone and he brings them to the parallel timeline and maybe they sacrifice their sideway selves to the island. Kinda sickening but possible? Like Sawyer would still be Mr. Badass but everyone would think of him as a legit cop. Eh?

i'm betting everyone ends up like lost via domus, unless they put some crazy twist on it. Like its been said before, Jack is gonna end up waking up in the forest, this time realizing what needs to be done. And its just gonna
censoredua3.gif
a lot of viewers heads up lol.

I just watched this ep with my girl tonight and anyone who says this episode is wack or didn't like seriously just doesnt get it.

Whywestepping, great points earlier regarding this episode.

And I loved that we got some revelation as to the alternate timelines significance. THAT is a major revelation so I dont understand how anyone can complain about this island.

Seriously as someone posted earlier for all those complaining this season about certain episodes being filler and not getting answers...how in the world would you have done a better job than what the writers have done.

I got this ep and it just wasn't go enough. Especially as far as Des centrics go. It's like the writers feel the need to keep forcing this destiny angle on us like we didn't already get it with Locke.

Yes, Des needed convincing but most of this could've been handled in 20 min not the whole show. Only thing we've learned about the flash sideways is that Des is going to do something it doesn't change that most of the flash sideways have been lame as hell and it feels like it's taken away from the on island plot.

Watching that ep with your girl don't mean anything btw. The ep was a disappointment and this has been the first time I've disliked an ep(this much) this season.

Just like Richards episode history could of been answered in 20 minutes and not a entire episode. There's no pleasing some of you guys.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I got this ep and it just wasn't go enough. Especially as far as Des centrics go. It's like the writers feel the need to keep forcing this destiny angle on us like we didn't already get it with Locke.

Yes, Des needed convincing but most of this could've been handled in 20 min not the whole show. Only thing we've learned about the flash sideways is that Des is going to do something it doesn't change that most of the flash sideways have been lame as hell and it feels like it's taken away from the on island plot.

Watching that ep with your girl don't mean anything btw. The ep was a disappointment and this has been the first time I've disliked an ep(this much) this season.
Relax my dude I just mentioned watching it with my girl because we both are huge lost fans and had both missed it Tuesday.

The ep was a disappointment because you like many others have ridiculous expectations.  I don't get how you or anyone can say the flash sideways are lame when the significance of it was clearly explained in the last episode!!LOL! I do not also see how destiny is being forced upon us at all in last nights episode if anything it furthered the whole idea of free will/choice.

I think some also do not get the idea of writing for television and how stories are told.  Master Zike you say that the convincing of Desmond could have be handled in 20 minutes which I disagree with; the time used to show that was fine because the writers HAD to show exactly how he went from a non-believer.  If it was done it was in less time then it would have been rushed and there would have been no flow. The flow and pace of the story in this season and pretty much every season has been excellent...the writers have done a great job over five seasons and continue to do so this season and have actually revealed more answers than most realize.

As I said before your ridiculous expectations cause you to disappointed....you didn't get it explained in 20 minutes and you wanted more answers crammed into one episode that you missed the damn good revelations in this episode.  I agree with Fro B Giant....if you don't like it then stop watching.  Those complaining every week and disappointed because they feel like the LOST writers are supposed to cater to their every pre-show airing desire is rather annoying.

Just open your eyes and look at what really is being shown and enjoy the great ride of the show.

Sometimes I can kinda see why viewers would be upset, but this week I really don't see it. I'm not sure what episode those of you that didn't like it were watching, but I thought we got a lot from this episode.

Nonetheless, to each his own. I doubt arguing about it is going to cause anyone to not watch the rest of the way considering there are only so many episodes left.

(Damn you Yuku!!!)

To me people have the right to complain...... but when has LOST in the 5 1/2 season ever been known to answer "25" questions in 1 episode? If that's what your looking for, it's not going to happen. I thought it might in S6, but it's not. So, I've accepted some stuff won't get answered, give me the main things and a few little one's and I'm good.

Originally Posted by Rich Says

So I'm guessing that Desmond is going to round up all the sideway Losties and show them that there was another timeline where their lives were completely different. Then they have to choose whether to sacrifice their arguably better, sideways lives to contain MIB in the original timeline.

They make the sacrifice, MIB is stopped, and "it only ends once" with the Losties making the selfless choice.
this would be cool.

And I posted a few pages ago that's there's gonna be a break later so that we can have an episode may 18th and the finale the 23rd instead of an episode on the 11th and then a break 'til the finale. That would have been terrible.

I'm really shocked this out of all episodes got such criticism. Didn't expect ANYONE to NOT like Desmond episode.

I didn't think i'd like it as much as I did so I guess it all makes sense.

My playlist this week: "Flashes Before Your Eyes" and "The Constant"

Anyone else notice that Desmond see's his reflection in "Flashes", while looking for a ring for Penny? Significant or reaching?

WAAAAAAAAALLLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.......this episode was great. i never cared about desmond and penny much but this was awesome. even i loved it and i complain every other week.i don't understand the fuss. always been a charlie fan

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

The ep was a disappointment because you like many others have ridiculous expectations.
No. It was a disappointment because it paled in comparison to the great episodes this season so far and all of the Desmond centrics.
I don't get how you or anyone can say the flash sideways are lame when the significance of it was clearly explained in the last episode!!LOL! I do not also see how destiny is being forced upon us at all in last nights episode if anything it furthered the whole idea of free will/choice.
*Sigh* It's lame because the story was boring, not interesting, and all around bad. I'm not saying the fact that there are flash sideways that that's what lame. I'm saying just about all of the flash sideways up to now have been bad and not executed good at all other than trying to arise new questions and add some type of value to these alternate lives.

As for the destiny being forced upon us maybe you just don't understand. If you've been watching LOST since S1 you'd know how pertinent the themes of destiny and fate are in the story. Since Locke in S2 the writers have been pounding it in to the story that this plays a role and should be paid attention to. Now we have Desmond, who doesn't want %%++ to do with that and the writers take it upon themselves to drag Des through this journey which isn't all that good to begin with. If you think this ep furthered the idea of free will/choice I don't know what to say other than you should figure out the difference between free will and fatalism. It's pretty clear with the situation with Desmond, and even if this was just about free will Des has the choice not to involve himself or to choose his destiny. He's obviously chose his destiny in both of these possible worlds. Regardless it's evident he's made a huge leap of faith after coming to on the island and the way they went about it wasn't to my liking.
I think some also do not get the idea of writing for television and how stories are told.  Master Zik you say that the convincing of Desmond could have be handled in 20 minutes which I disagree with; the time used to show that was fine because the writers HAD to show exactly how he went from a non-believer.  If it was done it was in less time then it would have been rushed and there would have been no flow. The flow and pace of the story in this season and pretty much every season has been excellent...the writers have done a great job over five seasons and continue to do so this season and have actually revealed more answers than most realize.
The entire ep being used to do that is what bore me. How many times have we've seen this? Charlie's part in the ep could've easily been cut in half. Even though I like the  Faraday, he didn't add much to this ep either. It's just a bunch of dead losties leading Desmond to choose his destiny and involve himself with w/e the island has in store for him. It definitely could've been told better and not taken up as much time as it did. I'm not talking about the pacing and flow of ever season even though you saying it's excellent is disputable. Specifically how the O5 got back to the island in S5 and S4(for obvious reasons).
As I said before your ridiculous expectations cause you to disappointed....you didn't get it explained in 20 minutes and you wanted more answers crammed into one episode that you missed the damn good revelations in this episode.
Again, no. I don't know who you got me confused with but not once did I complain there weren't enough answers in this ep and that it was filler. The episode was lame. The way this story was told was boring. Compare this episode to past Desmond centrics and you'll get it. Go back to Live Together Die Alone pt. 2, Flashes Before Your Eyes, and even Jughead to see the let down Happily Ever After was. If my expectations were that ridiculous because of the precedent the writers have set with those episode and then this dud fine. I'd just see it as you being content with an underwhelming episode.
I agree with Fro B Giant....if you don't like it then stop watching.
Get this lame ##@ gay ##@ reasoning the *@%% outta here. I'm a LOST fan if you don't like me posting my disappointments about an episode or critiquing something in the show don't read my posts. How I feel shouldn't be bothering you this much for you to tell someone to stop watching the show altogether. Cuz we disagree about an episode I should stop watching? *@%% you and Fro B Giant for saying some dumb +!#+ like that.
Those complaining every week and disappointed because they feel like the LOST writers are supposed to cater to their every pre-show airing desire is rather annoying.
This statement is irrelevant since I don't complain every week. If you're that annoyed about these other ppl I suggest you deal with it or find another place to discuss LOST.
Just open your eyes and look at what really is being shown and enjoy the great ride of the show.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Telling me to open my eyes like I haven't been enjoying the show since day 1. I can't be like you and not have a mind of my own and voice my opinion about what I don't like. I'm surprised you'd even suggest this when the themes in LOST are directly opposed to that type of thinking.

im surprised there was not ONE MENTION that they just dived directly into the episode without the obligatory "previously on LOST" montage(atleast for me it went straight from dancing with the stars straight into the new episode) if that was the case for everyone...that has major signifigance to me,possibly the only episode(besides the first) where there wasnt a recap focusing on the weeks character.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
you guys spend waaaaay too much time arguing over how great/horrible the episode was and should take it as it is. For me i love this whole new mythology they have build on im just along for the ride...the answers are coming, people just want things put bluntly in their face, you're going to have to do some looking yourself,ya know(just like our main characters
wink.gif
)

Originally Posted by dhart48

im surprised there was not ONE MENTION that they just dived directly into the episode without the obligatory "previously on LOST" montage(atleast for me it went straight from dancing with the stars straight into the new episode) if that was the case for everyone...that has major signifigance to me,possibly the only episode(besides the first) where there wasnt a recap focusing on the weeks character.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
you guys spend waaaaay too much time arguing over how great/horrible the episode was and should take it as it is. For me i love this whole new mythology they have build on im just along for the ride...the answers are coming, people just want things put bluntly in their face, you're going to have to do some looking yourself,ya know(just like our main characters
wink.gif
)
24 episodes haven't had PREVIOUSLY ON LOST.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ABC has found more time to say goobye to "Lost."

The network has decided to supersize its farewell to the iconic drama, expanding a previously announced one-hour pre-show to two full hours. The special is now expected to air from 7-9 p.m. on Sunday, May 23, right before the two-hour "Lost" finale.

Add in a special "Jimmy Kimmel Live" -- "Lost: After the Final Rose"-- airing that Sunday, and ABC is now planning to devote no less than five hours of airtime to the "Lost" swan song.

That's really showing some (Dharma) initiative!

Source: The Wrap
http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/exclusive-abc-supersizes-lost-finale-16123

Anyone else think that they'll just bring Walt back anyways, regardless of his age or how much he's grown? I mean if Jack can have a son, then why not?

These last few episodes are going to be amazing. I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom