LOST (GOAT SERIES) OFFICIAL THREAD VOL YOU CAN GO NOW.

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

From @EWDocJensen:

@macevangelist What if The
Numbers correspond to different parallel worlds? World 4, World 8, etc.
Maybe
Dharma was harnessing Island energy, inputting numbers to synchronize,
synthesize those chosen, numbered worlds In
order to create "the best possible world."

eek.gif

but from a spoiler posted earlier in this thread
Spoiler [+]
the numbers also represent people on the island
That would be crazy if true.

Gotta quote you again Uptempo if you don't mind...

The numbers are already explained on Lostpedia and the spoiler that nycknicks provided few pages back makes sense now.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Numbers

The numbers in actuality are said to represent human and environmental factors in the equation (given numerical form), though their precise meaning is uncertain.

Also, I found this article on the web about number "108"

http://www.salagram.net/108meaning.html]

Time: Some say there are 108 feelings, with 36 related to the past, 36 related to the present, and 36 related to the future.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by DubA169

^ who's ringo? you mean john lennon looking guy?

the dharma jumpsuit has zippers instead of pockets for some reason. also wish they would embroider it with somthing of your choice, but that can be done elsewhere. But yeah no pockets for some reason
frown.gif

laugh.gif
I don't know why he keeps calling him ringo.

I always think about Ticky from Hardball when I see him.
ringo_starr.jpg

Ehhhh

Heard someone else earlier in the thread throw it out there.  Don't know what else to call him.

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

Originally Posted by Rich Says

So... why can't smokey penetrate circles of ash?

And why did Jacob's corpse just disappear. I don't think it would have completely burned up in that time frame between Flocke kicking him into the fire and Bram's team coming in.
The fire isn't a normal fire per se.  There is no kindling/logs to keep it going, it just burns from the sand.  One of the mystical qualities of the island no doubt (unless there is a source of natural gas that rises exactly from that spot).  Possibly a connection with the "baptismal" spring in the temple and the fire in Jacob's home.  Fire <-> Water
ohwell.gif
I dunno.

The ash thing has been confusing us for what like 3 seasons now?  At first we didn't know its purpose and now we don't know why it fulfills that purpose.  I have faith that Hurley will say something to Ringo like, "Dude, what's the ash for?" and hopefully we'll get something more than, "It keeps him out."  What's the connection between the ash and the sonic fence?  Both keep Smokey out.  Clearly not sound, but maybe a distortion of the molecular make up?
About the spring. Was it said it was a "baptismal" spring? I figured it was more of a "revival" spring but I guess either coudl work.

Anyway the only thing that throws me off about the ash is that at first it had me and other fans back in S3/ thinking it was just another misdirect set up by Ben and a way to notify others that this was Jacob territory. I figured it didn't matte cuz Ben admitted he's never seen Jacob which made me think he never stayed there which was kinda proven when we found him in the foot.

The fact that it actually works does make me think why just like the sonic fence.

Oh and for everyone else I don't think it's much of a spoiler so I'll say the Asian dude in charge at the temple is Dogen and the John Lennon looking dude name is Lennon

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

Originally Posted by Rich Says

So... why can't smokey penetrate circles of ash?

And why did Jacob's corpse just disappear. I don't think it would have completely burned up in that time frame between Flocke kicking him into the fire and Bram's team coming in.
The fire isn't a normal fire per se.  There is no kindling/logs to keep it going, it just burns from the sand.  One of the mystical qualities of the island no doubt (unless there is a source of natural gas that rises exactly from that spot).  Possibly a connection with the "baptismal" spring in the temple and the fire in Jacob's home.  Fire <-> Water
ohwell.gif
I dunno.

The ash thing has been confusing us for what like 3 seasons now?  At first we didn't know its purpose and now we don't know why it fulfills that purpose.  I have faith that Hurley will say something to Ringo like, "Dude, what's the ash for?" and hopefully we'll get something more than, "It keeps him out."  What's the connection between the ash and the sonic fence?  Both keep Smokey out.  Clearly not sound, but maybe a distortion of the molecular make up?
About the spring. Was it said it was a "baptismal" spring? I figured it was more of a "revival" spring but I guess either coudl work.

Anyway the only thing that throws me off about the ash is that at first it had me and other fans back in S3/ thinking it was just another misdirect set up by Ben and a way to notify others that this was Jacob territory. I figured it didn't matte cuz Ben admitted he's never seen Jacob which made me think he never stayed there which was kinda proven when we found him in the foot.

The fact that it actually works does make me think why just like the sonic fence.

Oh and for everyone else I don't think it's much of a spoiler so I'll say the Asian dude in charge at the temple is Dogen and the John Lennon looking dude name is Lennon
eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]

Originally Posted by AIR Kamote23

From @EWDocJensen:

@macevangelist What if The
Numbers correspond to different parallel worlds? World 4, World 8, etc.
Maybe
Dharma was harnessing Island energy, inputting numbers to synchronize,
synthesize those chosen, numbered worlds In
order to create "the best possible world."

eek.gif

but from a spoiler posted earlier in this thread
Spoiler [+]
the numbers also represent people on the island
That would be crazy if true.

Gotta quote you again Uptempo if you don't mind...

The numbers are already explained on Lostpedia and the spoiler that nycknicks provided few pages back makes sense now.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Numbers

The numbers in actuality are said to represent human and environmental factors in the equation (given numerical form), though their precise meaning is uncertain.

LOL I already know about that. Haven't you peeped the sig?

So IDK how many of you watch Fringe, but just watched the season 1 finale.. which dealt with an alternate reality... seems like it might end up being a big thing in the show.

So Fringe, Lost, and Star Trek all have this going on, all of which are Abrams creations... interesting

Yooooooo, so i was watching Season 1, since i got my girl watching (shes gassed over MY being gassed over season 6--crazy how much $+*$ clicks while watching it though,
eek.gif
!)
And i saw the episode where they moved they all moved from their camp at the beach, to those caves that Jack & KAte found...
And in that cave, they had that water spring but Jack & kate found an old skeleton...that skeleton had the one black stone, and the white stone in like a pouch of some sort.
I thought the skeleton had on a vest/jkt thing similar to Esau's in that first convo w/ Jacob where he says he really wants to kill Jacob.

What are these beads??! (they're in that drawing too posted of MIB an all the Lost stuff/peoples)

Also: The NYmag.com show Recap. For got to post earlier, always a good read/debate in comments sections:
http://nymag.com/daily/en...st-commented-vulture-7d5

pimp.gif

Interesting, on the skeletons...

But, with Fringe using an alt world, thats a very good reason why I don't think Lost will go that route, for all the people who hate that idea. If they do, I'll still be fine with it. To me either they are showing us the end now (the alt time), or its gotta be a VERY BIG diversion from them, to get our minds wondering so we won't see whats really about to go down.

But, I'm not gonna worry about it to much, just gonna let it play out.

2 MORE DAYS!!!

im also thinking that the others captured jack,sawyer and kate, so they would stay out of the way(i.e. not try to get off the island or blow a hydrogen bomb to stop their plane from crashing)
i also think if this season has a desmond centric episode that if hes in an alt universe he will be rich and with penny and be super confident but someone is gonna come up to him and tell him they need him to be on that island pushing that button and thats the end of it

(pretty heartbreaking decision sty with the woman you love or save the WORLD)......

i really hope he has a good ending though, man the ending to the constant had me tearing up,my 2nd fave episode of LOST all time behind "through the looking glass"

I'm serious.
pimp.gif

Everybody knows my beef with Walt, but the only other character I can't stand is Desmond.

Sun is TERRIBLE too...

^Des may be my favorite character. Co-sign on Sun, though. She's unbearable. I just laugh at her when she's freaking out about Jin when the helicopter's leaving.

I'm serious.
pimp.gif

Everybody knows my beef with Walt, but the only other character I can't stand is Desmond.

Sun is TERRIBLE too...
I can understand Walt and Sun but you buggin with Des. Dude is easily one of the best characters given what's been written for him. I don't see what you don't like his acting is good and the character is loveable.

How can The Constant be anything close to filler when the creators decided write that ep.

I'm serious.
pimp.gif

Sun is TERRIBLE too...
Henry-Ian-Cuisck-Lost_l.jpg

"Take that back, Brotha!"

I'm serious.
pimp.gif

Sun is TERRIBLE too...
Henry-Ian-Cuisck-Lost_l.jpg

"Take that back, Brotha!"

laugh.gif
Desmond is one of my favorite characters.

Any one catch the "Lost" commercial during the Superbowl? More like a Budlight spoof of the pilot episode.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ChineyRoyal

Any one catch the "Lost" commercial during the Superbowl? More like a Budlight spoof of the pilot episode.
laugh.gif
Yea. Hot Tub Turbine tho?! GENIUS!

Nothing wrong with Desmond's storyline or his acting or anything, i'm just not a fan. Waiting to find out more about him, just like Walt.

I was kidding about The Constant being filler, but I swear people say that is their favorite just because everyone else does. It was a highly emotional episode that truly set us up for the whole time travel experience and got us thinking about Faraday on a whole different level too.

We're already 2 days away from Lost Tuesday again. Anybody gonna try to buy any props off ebay when the show's over? I heard that's where they're going to sell them (for charity).

Nothing wrong with Desmond's storyline or his acting or anything, i'm just not a fan. Waiting to find out more about him, just like Walt.

I was kidding about The Constant being filler, but I swear people say that is their favorite just because everyone else does. It was a highly emotional episode that truly set us up for the whole time travel experience and got us thinking about Faraday on a whole different level too.

I love Desmond.. I think he's easily the most charismatic character/actor on the show. But the constant doesn't stick out to me at a top episode...we don't even see enough of Des to make him a top 3 IMO, but I wouldn't mind seeing him have a huge role in this season at all

Back
Top Bottom