LOL Nyjer Morgan vs. The World

Its not so much against the "unwritten rules of baseball" as much as its just really, really BAD baseball. If the Marlins stole a base up that much, its against the unwritten rules of the game. But what Nyjer did was just stupid baseball.

Its not so much against the "unwritten rules of baseball" as much as its just really, really BAD baseball. If the Marlins stole a base up that much, its against the unwritten rules of the game. But what Nyjer did was just stupid baseball.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Nationals need to give him an extension
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

That was a $$$!% move by Sanchez IMO. Clothesline someone from the blindside? Come on, I've played ball for years and watched baseball for years and you rarely see that. Most of the times first basemen run in to separate the two.

Morgan has more heart that anyone on either of those two teams. What is he supposed to do, not try to steal a base to get more runs when his team is down 11? !!%% was in the 4th inning, not like the game was in the 9th and he was doing it.

Baseball's unwritten rules get ridiculous sometimes.

Originally Posted by Proshares

That was a $$$!% move by Sanchez IMO. Clothesline someone from the blindside? Come on, I've played ball for years and watched baseball for years and you rarely see that. Most of the times first basemen run in to separate the two.

Morgan has more heart that anyone on either of those two teams. What is he supposed to do, not try to steal a base to get more runs when his team is down 11? !!%% was in the 4th inning, not like the game was in the 9th and he was doing it.

Baseball's unwritten rules get ridiculous sometimes.

Originally Posted by dland24

I wouldn't call it stupid baseball for the fact that he stole both bases pretty easily.

I wouldn't call it stupid baseball for the fact that he stole both bases pretty easily.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Well stupid in the sense that you are down 11 runs, and your one run doesnt mean a whole lot in the situation.  Its bad baseball.  Bottom line.

Well stupid in the sense that you are down 11 runs, and your one run doesnt mean a whole lot in the situation.  Its bad baseball.  Bottom line.

I mean his manager didn't have the problem with it. He set himself up in better scoring position easily. It's a risky but I wouldn't call it bad baseball. I mean if he didn't get it I would be singing a different tune.

I mean his manager didn't have the problem with it. He set himself up in better scoring position easily. It's a risky but I wouldn't call it bad baseball. I mean if he didn't get it I would be singing a different tune.

im tired of this stupid baseball unwritten rules and for the fans that actually follow it, its plain STUPID.. just because they were down 11 means they should just stop trying to score? it was freaking the 4th inning! it wasn't like it was the 9th..

im tired of this stupid baseball unwritten rules and for the fans that actually follow it, its plain STUPID.. just because they were down 11 means they should just stop trying to score? it was freaking the 4th inning! it wasn't like it was the 9th..

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

1. Don't run across the pitcher's mound
2. During a blow out if your on the losing side you may not create any runs.
Whoever believes in the second rule is stupid. I have never, ever heard of teams rolling over when they were down X amount of runs just because 'unwritten' rules demand it to be so. Who started this nonsense, some tightwad on ESPN?
Whether it's an unwritten rule or not, it's a stupid play. His run doesn't matter. It isn't worth the risk of getting thrown out when you're down 10 runs.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 So in this post, you've stated that his run is worthless and the game is over anyways, and then said that hes dumb for RISKING getting thrown out as if hes blowing their only chances of winning the game...

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

1. Don't run across the pitcher's mound
2. During a blow out if your on the losing side you may not create any runs.
Whoever believes in the second rule is stupid. I have never, ever heard of teams rolling over when they were down X amount of runs just because 'unwritten' rules demand it to be so. Who started this nonsense, some tightwad on ESPN?
Whether it's an unwritten rule or not, it's a stupid play. His run doesn't matter. It isn't worth the risk of getting thrown out when you're down 10 runs.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 So in this post, you've stated that his run is worthless and the game is over anyways, and then said that hes dumb for RISKING getting thrown out as if hes blowing their only chances of winning the game...

Thanks for letting us know you're a quitter. Stupid baseball traditionalists.

Thanks for letting us know you're a quitter. Stupid baseball traditionalists.

Back
Top Bottom