LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

hinted that the lack of cap space and no draft picks shouldn't hinder Myers in trying to make a deal.
But that will hinder Myers in trying to make a deal.  

Thompson is not a max level guy, I don't know what everyone is talking about. 

Since we are talking potential trades here, I would love to see the Warriors somehow sneak into the back half of the upcoming draft and take Kyle Anderson.  Yes, this is kind of a homer wish by me....but I think he will be very good.  And for some reason, I feel he will be incredibly overlooked as a draft prospect.

We gave up a good one in Archie Goodwin last year.  That whole trade frenzy that took place where we needed up with the "white D-Rose" still has me confused.  

But that will hinder Myers in trying to make a deal.  

Thompson is not a max level guy, I don't know what everyone is talking about. 
He may not be to a lot of people. But he improved his game on both sides of the ball this season. He is solid SG. The dude will be offered close to a max contract guaranteed. With all these mediocre players getting deals. Klay will get paid.

Kyle Anderson looked okay in the tournament, haven't seen much of him though. He's a very interesting prospect though since he's 6-9 and can play point. Would be an interesting backup point if the W's got him.

I'm not sold on Wiggins, I think Jabari Parker is going to be by far the best player in the draft, followed by Julius Randle.

Last edited:
"GREAT lottery for the Warriors. Celtics and Lakers out of the Top-5 greatly increases their chance of getting Love."
— Jordan Ramirez (@JRAM_91) May 21, 2014
nthat.gif

Even though we don't have as many assets as other teams to offer, I feel that we have a good shot at getting Love.

The key part of any deal is going to be Love's willingness to resign with the new team.

I see that the Celtics and Lakers are going to be major suitors for Love. But who would they have on their teams after a trade that would make Love want to resign with them though?

However, they might have gotten a break with how the draft lottery turned out. Maybe. The Warriors have tried to move David Lee in the past. But it needed to be a no-brainer in order for them to pull the trigger. But now, per a couple league sources, the Warriors have lowered the bar realizing they’ve got to come off that contract so they can go after a co-star for Stephen Curry. Plus, with Steve Kerr acknowledging he wants a stretch-four, which Lee is not, the writing is really on the wall for Lee . I’ve been told to watch out for Orlando as a potential trade partner for Golden State. They have cap space and after a second consecutive year finishing way down in the Eastern Conference standings, they need to make a move. They might be a taker for David Lee for the same reasons the Warriors were back in 2010: they need someone who can produce reliably and usher the franchise into respectability. San Jose Mercury-News

Kyle Anderson looked okay in the tournament, haven't seen much of him though. He's a very interesting prospect though since he's 6-9 and can play point. Would be an interesting backup point if the W's got him.
Whats going to hurt Anderson's draft stock is that he isnt crazy athletic.  But dude is a very good basketball player.  He is real smooth.  He is often called Slow Motion, because of how he operates on the court.  But he has great size and instincts.  I think he will be a really solid NBA player, and will end up being better than a lot of guys drafted before him.

Here is his highlight video from the Duke game this year.  This isnt one of his better scoring games, but it was a real complete game and will show you what kind of player he is.

So assuming these Magic rumors have a bit of legs, what do you guys think a potential trade could be with them?  Would you guys do David Lee for Jameer Nelson?  Its the only one for one trade that would work with their current roster (salary wise), due to the $15 freaking million dollars Lee is slated to make next year. 

I'd be down.  A starting point guard (albeit a lower tier starting point guard) as our backup point?  After seeing the trash we had this year trying to backup Steph, I would love to have a player like Jameer on this team.  As much as I dislike Lee, I think that would be selling him a little low....but I think I would be down. 

If we trade Lee and its not involving Love, we have no one that plays the 4. Unless, we sign someone or play a real small lineup.

I feel Bogut is one injury away from being ineffective.

Noooooooo.. No Carmelo no Carmelo no Carmelo.

He has way to many fg attemps and will hog the ball away from curry and other players. He only scores. When has you even seen him get like 5 assists in a game? Rarely if never

He has way to many fg attemps and will hog the ball away from curry and other players. He only scores. When has you even seen him get like 5 assists in a game? Rarely if never
Wholeheartedly disagree with this.  If he is a possibility it would be AMAZING to get him.

The Melo you would see on this team would be closer to the Melo we all saw at the Olympics than the Melo we saw on the Knicks.

And in regards to your "rarely if never" statement about Melo having 5 or more assists in a game.......well he did that 17 times last season.  SEVENTEEN.  And he did that by playing Power Forward all season long. 

Saying all he does is score is baseless analysis

Last edited:

Wholeheartedly disagree with this.  If he is a possibility it would be AMAZING to get him.

The Melo you would see on this team would be closer to the Melo we all saw at the Olympics than the Melo we saw on the Knicks.
I'm not sold on him being a great fit with us.

However, how would we even go about getting Melo?

Obviously we would have to dump Lee's salary somewhere, but if you have to give up Klay to do that then it isn't a good deal  IMO.

I would be reluctant to include Klay in any deal, but with Kevin Love we would be getting back an arguably top 10 player right now that is only 25 years old.

^I hear you......I want Love as well.  But I think people greatly discount how good Carmelo is.  Is he a top 10 player?  Debatable....but I would say he is no worse than top 15.  And he is 4 years older than Love.  But I think he would be a tremendous second option if we cant get Love.  I really dont want to have to sit through 2 more years of David Lee.

if we end up with melo, so much for any team defense. bogut's gonna have to cover a lot of ground for all the switches melo doesn't make the slightest attempt to get to.

melo is a beast and is capable of putting up 40 any given night, but if we're upset with david lee's defense, i don't see that frustration disappearing if we end up with melo.

if we end up with melo, so much for any team defense. bogut's gonna have to cover a lot of ground for all the switches melo doesn't make the slightest attempt to get to.

melo is a beast and is capable of putting up 40 any given night, but if we're upset with david lee's defense, i don't see that frustration disappearing if we end up with melo.
David Lee's defense is worse than his.  Period. 

David Lee's defense is worse than his.  Period. 

I can't debate that. But I'd have to ask how much better is this current GSW roster getting with the addition of Melo? I see the offense improving slightly, but defensively? If someone is going to command Melo's contract, I sure as hell hope that big can defend the paint better.

I agree, he's a top 15 player based on his ability to dominate scoring wise, get to the line, and stretch the floor as a 4 on offense. But how much of his scoring is facilitated by the fact that he has been on a team that is talent deficient (JR Smith is way too inconsistent to be mentioned as a second option). I don't know if Melo would want to be on a team where he's asked to only take 15 shots a night.

Last edited:
I know it comparing this Warriors team to the Olympic teams are not even close to the same thing talent wise.....but I have to ask if you watched the Olympics the past 2 times?  Because Melo was arguably the best player on those teams, and he was doing exactly what you are afraid he wouldnt be able to do with this team: have only about 15 shot attempts a night.

Melo playing with a good team would not be the same as the Melo you guys see every night with the Knicks.  He would be a totally different player.  And you would see people would start talking about him being an elite player again.

\

:lol: You've got to be joking.

His character with the Knicks is more indicative than his character with the Olympic Team. Lebron is not the same player with the USA team as he is with the Heat. The Olympic team was a roster full of All-stars, all of whom played very different with that team than they do with their respective NBA teams because:

- Money/contracts/ ego was not on the line
- The whole team is just as good as Melo, so you can't get away with being selfish

NBA teams are businesses. Melo is not friends with Hilton Armstrong. He will cry if he does not get the last shot. Professionally, Melo is a notorious prima donna. That one summer where he hung out with his friends and won a gold medal is not an accurate basis for what to expect if he comes to GSW.

Last edited:
I know it comparing this Warriors team to the Olympic teams are not even close to the same thing talent wise.....but I have to ask if you watched the Olympics the past 2 times?  Because Melo was arguably the best player on those teams, and he was doing exactly what you are afraid he wouldnt be able to do with this team: have only about 15 shot attempts a night.

dland, you're a man with very reasonable sensibilities and i value/respect your opinions, but come on now, would you have expected Melo to take more than 15 shots a night when playing on a team with LeBron, KD, Harden, Love, Kobe and CP3? I don't mean to undervalue Melo's contribution and talent, but why have him take a significant amount of shots (which he did anyways, the only player who shot more than him was KD) when the rest of the team is just as capable of scoring?

all of that is to say that I don't have any reason to believe that Melo would be willing to take on a smaller scoring role. unless he's willing to sign for less than max and save cap room, i'd wanna stay away from Melo. We have a lot of voids to fill on this team (a bench + a 4 who defends), and dumping Lee's contract only to pick up another large contract that still leaves those voids makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom