LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

I was trying to find out the exact numbers, but the closet I could get was that Klay could get up to $14 per. I would be happy with $11 if he keeps improving like he has . Guy is too important, defensively, for the team to lose him.

I was trying to find out the exact numbers, but the closet I could get was that Klay could get up to $14 per. I would be happy with $11 if he keeps improving like he has . Guy is too important, defensively, for the team to lose him.
I agree with that $11 million figure.

Tyreke Evans got 4 yrs / $44 million and that's what I'd offer Klay right now.  

DeRozan got 4 ys / $40 million - just to throw another player into the mix.

Last edited:
Maybe Carmelo goes to the Bulls, which leaves Love for us? i mean they wouldn't be able to sign both players right?

just wondering, if klay's on another team, would he likely be the primary scorer?

Last edited:
also, to the point about losing klay in a klay+lee for love deal. i agree, it'd be tough to lose out on a perimeter shooter like klay, but there isnt a significant drop off in Love's outside game.

curry, green, iggy, love, bogut as starters, please tell me that dreams can come true.

i'm not worried about losing klay's defense. draymond would fill that void ASAP.

I'd keep Klay and offer Lee, Barnes, and maybe Iggy. Curry, Klay, Green, Love, Bogut or Curry, Klay, Iggy, Love, Bogut.

also, to the point about losing klay in a klay+lee for love deal. i agree, it'd be tough to lose out on a perimeter shooter like klay, but there isnt a significant drop off in Love's outside game.

curry, green, iggy, love, bogut as starters, please tell me that dreams can come true.

i'm not worried about losing klay's defense. draymond would fill that void ASAP.
100% AGREED. 

Klay is too streaky for me. Let's not forget how much of a slump he can get into for days/weeks. 

My Starting 5 would be:

PG - Curry

SG - Green

SF - Igoudala

PF - Love

C - Bogut

You basically have 2 scoring machines backed up with 3 defensive giants who know how to pass the ball, do the dirty work, and make buckets that suit their role. 

anybody else think that mjax will land another coaching job in the future?

the man only turned a team with a terrible defense and subpar offense into a possible perennial playoff team

that is true, draymond could possibly develop nicely under steve kerr.

its a really tough call in my opinion. I guess we can always hope Lee+Barnes and possible a pick as of now

Am I alone in thinking Green at the 2 is a terrible idea?  The thought of him chasing guards around for 30 minutes a game is making my head hurt.  Also, you can forget about hiding Curry on defense (even though he's gotten somewhat better).  

Anyone concerned what our bench will look like after this trade scenario?

Am I alone in thinking Green at the 2 is a terrible idea?  The thought of him chasing guards around for 30 minutes a game is making my head hurt.  Also, you can forget about hiding Curry on defense (even though he's gotten somewhat better).  

im hoping they improve the bench although imo barnes was missing the whole year anyways then again jackson didnt get him much playing time

Little over 28 minutes a game is more than enough for the type of production he was giving us. 

Since Barnes is autograph happy, Lacob needs to send him a refund check and trick him into signing it.  There were games he stole money.  

Last edited:
Eh. Hes on his rookie deal and basically the IG move set him back a yr.

Maybe he can forge DLee's sig.

even if draymond were to stay a part of the second unit, our bench is still going to need major upgrades.

any word on how nedovic was/is developing in the dleague?

Anyone down for a 3-team trade?

Warriors get:
Kevin Love
Derrick Williams
Minnesota 1st rounder (select Nik Stauskas)

Wolves get:
David Lee
Ben McLemore
Sacramento 1st rounder (select Noah Vonleh)

Kings get:
Klay Thompson
Harrison Barnes

Why it makes sense for all teams:
- Warriors get the guy they covet and Williams enters the final year of his contract which can be traded at the deadline or the Warriors can let him walk and bolster the bench in the summer of 2015.
- I'm not sure why Nik Stauskas isn't getting the same love as the other draftees but he's 6'6" and can handle the rock to spell Curry as well as shoot lights out from the perimeter, not to mention he was the Big-Ten POY. A lot of buzz around fellow Canadian Andrew Wiggins and his potential/athleticism but not enough is said about the bounce Stauskas has.
- Wolves get don't lose any cap ground but they pick up McLemore and move up 6 spots (slated) in the draft to take Noah Vonleh as Lee is not the long term solution at PF.
- Kings get immediate help at the SG spot and have coverage for SF in the event Rudy Gay leaves.

I'll trade Klay for Love. A good big is nearly impossible to find these days; Shooting guards are dime a dozen.
I wholeheartedly disagree with the bolded.  How can you say shooting guards are a dime a dozen when there are so few good ones in the entire league.  Ten years ago, I agree.  Shooting guards WERE a dime a dozen.  Now, I dont agree.

I mean seriously.  Try to come up with a list of players that you would want as your team's starting shooting guard.  I would be willing to bet you that your list has no more than 10 players on it. 

Give me a quality big for a guard anytime and I'll take it. All Day. I'm just saying a good big man is hard to find. Guards are easier to come by, imo. Maybe "dime a dozen" was used out of context.

Relax.

The Warriors never had a good big since Webber, and have had many solid SGs in the past. Richardson, Monta, Klay, etc. I think its time to get that good front court player if they can.

But who would be our SG if they trade Klay?

100% AGREED. 

Klay is too streaky for me. Let's not forget how much of a slump he can get into for days/weeks. 

My Starting 5 would be:

PG - Curry
SG - Green
SF - Igoudala
PF - Love
C - Bogut

You basically have 2 scoring machines backed up with 3 defensive giants who know how to pass the ball, do the dirty work, and make buckets that suit their role. 

This lineup would work or we can pickup a SG with our mid-level exception.

Back
Top Bottom