LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

dont post here much but i follow on a daily basis. just heard this on KNBR, an interview with Jim Barnett. Even he was banned from practices. It didn't sound like Mark Jackson was good with anyone internally. Quite frankly the decision was larger than if he could coach or not and I think this move is for the better. Also "Quite frankly, it'll probably be a little bit better because I think it'll be a little more real." - JB talking about team chemistry.

Anyways heres the link to the podcast.

http://www.knbr.com/page.php?page_id=341

^ Heard that this morning too. An insightful listen from JB

I wonder if MJax is gonna say Barnett was lying about being banned from practices too 
mean.gif

Last edited:

Jerry West practically firing shots at DLee on NBATV 
laugh.gif
God I hope he didnt say anything too bad.  While I personally would be content with trading David Lee for cap space, I would rather we try to pump him up so we could get something of actual value for him.

Nah he didn't say anything bad about him specifically. Perhaps I overstated it a bit in my first post by saying he was firing shots lol.

He was saying, among other things, that we need to upgrade our PF position for us to take the next step

Last edited:
Nah he didn't say anything bad about him specifically. Perhaps I overstated it a bit in my first post.

He was saying that we need to upgrade our PF position for us to take the next step
Well.....that kinda IS saying something about him specifically. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Nah he didn't say anything bad about him specifically. Perhaps I overstated it a bit in my first post.

He was saying that we need to upgrade our PF position for us to take the next step
Well.....that kinda IS saying something about him specifically. 
laugh.gif
LOL well cuz that's how I am saying it to you guys. I can't recall what he said verbatim, but that was the jist of what he said.

He was kind of tip-toeing around it understandably, but anyone that has paid actual attention to Warriors basketball knew he was talking about David Lee.

I will see if I can find a transcript or something of it.

Warriors will not be a NBA Finals contender until they get a All-Star player in the front court. A behind the basket, block type player that can draw double teams. Lee is a good player and puts up great stats, but he is too big of a defensive liability where his offensive numbers pretty much cancels out.

Until then, I don't think we are considered serious NBA contenders.

Last edited:
Warriors will not be a NBA Finals contender until they get a All-Star player in the front court. A behind the basket, block type player that can draw double teams. Lee is a good player and puts up great stats, but he is too big of a defensive liability where his offensive numbers pretty much cancels out.

Until then, I don't think we are considered serious NBA contenders.

i guess, i was in the minority when the w's wanted to get dwight

Dwight Howard? Pppplease. Look at how he helped Rockets. He is at most a B-C class player. Definitely not an A class. I think the best recipe for a championship is a front court tandem. You don't need two superstar front court. Someone who is tall, rebound, and ready to defend the rim.

OTOH, I didn't think GS could upgrade the coach but they did.

West: "I think we all feel like we need another player in a position that maybe we can improve on."

Then: Jerry West tells Sirius GSW "so many players so dependent" on Steph, Klay. "We need another player to relieve a little pressure from them."

Jerry West to Sirius XM: "We need somebody who can create a shot off the dribble. We need a little more shooting from the outside."

West: "I think we all feel like we need another player in a position that maybe we can improve on."

Then: Jerry West tells Sirius GSW "so many players so dependent" on Steph, Klay. "We need another player to relieve a little pressure from them."

Jerry West to Sirius XM: "We need somebody who can create a shot off the dribble. We need a little more shooting from the outside."

sounds more like hes taking shots at AI to step it up

Jackson returning to the TV side, interesting. Warriors need to get a gaurd that can get to the rim and draw fouls. I'm thinking, stuckey or Livingston

Na we can't let klay go. Lee and Barnes for love sign and trade. Maybe we even jus trade pf and center str8 up

Kevin Love Trade Rumors: Latest Buzz and Speculation Surrounding Timberwolves PF

No matter how hard Flip Saunders and the Timberwolves attempt to put on a publicly brave face, the saga surrounding star forward Kevin Love isn't going away. It's only beginning.

The latest trip on the ever-evolving rumor roundup has Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News reporting Love's "people" recently told Minnesota management to trade the three-time All-Star. Lawrence's report states Love wants to play for the Los Angeles Lakers or New York Knicks, with the former being his top preference.

Of course, these rumors are far from new. Love has been linked to Los Angeles, where he played his college ball at UCLA, for more than a year.

The Lakers are hoarding their cap space for the summer of 2015 when Love will be a free agent, and there have been no shortage of reports linking the pair. ESPN's Chris Broussard was told by a rival general manager that there is a "100 percent certainty" that Love will sign with the Lakers as a free agent next year.

These rumors can typically be taken with a grain of salt. There are myriad agendas that come with executives nudging Love's name to the forefront. It's theoretically possible that these GMs and sources are attempting to ratchet up the pressure on Saunders to deal one of the league's 10 best players. The sooner the Timberwolves are open to dealing him, the sooner possible suitors can begin the wooing process.

It's worth noting that Lawrence's report specifically says Love's "people" told the Timberwolves to trade him. Not Love himself. But given the overwhelming glut of speculation, there has to be at least some smoke to this fire.

"For the first time, [Saunders] sounds like looking at deals for [Love] is an option," an NBA executive told Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski.

Wojnarowski notes that the Lakers, Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors and Phoenix Suns are chief among the teams pushing for a Love trade. Boston, Los Angeles and Phoenix each have lottery picks in the 2014 draft. Golden State traded its pick to Utah, but has young players like Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson that could be enticing.

The Timberwolves have failed to make the playoffs in each of Love's six seasons. Former general manager David Kahn did not help matters by signing Love, an obvious franchise guy, to a contract extension with an early opt-out rather than the five-year maximum. Teams are only allowed to sign one five-year max deal to guys coming off rookie contracts under the league's collective bargaining agreement. It's thought that Kahn saved that distinction for Ricky Rubio—decidedly not a max guy.

This season, Love became the first player since 1975-76 to average at least 26 points, 12 rebounds and four assists, per Basketball-Reference. While he's a minus defensively and is prone to chasing counting stats, Love is one of the three or four most talented offensive players in basketball. He's the quintessential stretch 4.

If paired with an elite rim protector, something at which Nikola Pekovic struggles, Love might have another level as he reaches his prime. Love doesn't turn 26 until September. Even though teams would be taking a major risk trading for him—Love cannot sign an extension, nor does the league's collective bargaining agreement incentivize him to do so—the Timberwolves won't have any shortage of suitors.

The Lakers and Clippers in recent seasons have rolled the dice in similar situations. Dwight Howard bolted for Houston after only one year miserably playing next to Kobe Bryant. Chris Paul opted into his player option with the Clippers and then re-upped for five more years last summer.

Although the Lakers are in the lottery in part because they risked trading for Howard, it's a move they'd make 10 times out of 10 again. Superstars are a precious commodity. Individual stars mean more in basketball than any other major professional sport. Love's ability to be the best player on a championship team is questionable, but his star status is far from it.

The Timberwolves know this. Love's arrival coincided with Minnesota watching as former star Kevin Garnett hoisted his first NBA championship in Boston. The franchise hasn't had a winning season in a decade, and trading Love would merely be the latest detonation of a promising core.

Saunders is undoubtedly hoping he'll be able to satisfy an unhappy Love with small moves this summer designed for playoff contention. Trail Blazers general manager Neil Olshey was able to pull that off in 2013-14 with the formerly discontented LaMarcus Aldridge.

Considering the way reports are headed, though, Love's camp may be pushing Saunders to make a move before he even has that chance.

Back
Top Bottom