LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

swapping one analyst for another...except this one has NO experience. i'm not sure what to feel but i hope for the best!
lol wut? What experience did MJax have ?
laugh.gif

I'll judge him based on his coaching staff, I don't know who put Mike Malone on the coaching staff if it was Jackson or management but it was a good move to support him.
Lacob/Myers were the ones that hired Malone to be the lead assistant.

I'm not going to rush judgement on the Kerr hire.

From what I have read about his philosophy, I think he will be a good fit.

I am interested in seeing who they bring on as assistants.

I am glad that they made the hire relatively quickly though.

Wasn't interested in seeing a long drawn out process.

swapping one analyst for another...except this one has NO experience. i'm not sure what to feel but i hope for the best!

lol wut? What experience did MJax have ? :lol:

I'll judge him based on his coaching staff, I don't know who put Mike Malone on the coaching staff if it was Jackson or management but it was a good move to support him.

Management put Malone on the staff, not Jackson.

They talked about that being one of their many issues. After Malone chose to become the Kings coach, Jackson didn't want to bring in another assistant. He made Myers his lead assistant and they didn't believe he was at the level of a lead assistant.

Kerr would not commit to running the triangle offense next season. "I learned from guys like Gregg Popovich, Phil and Lenny Wilkens," Kerr said. "I have strong beliefs on spacing and ball movement and that will be reflected in our play."

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/features/david_aldridge/05/14/kerr-aldridge-warriors-coach/index.html

Spacing...

I wonder if this signals that we will see more of Draymond/Barnes and less of DLee at the 4 next year, assuming the last 2 aren't dealt in the offseason.

All I know is, this Warriors squad are at their best when they were moving the ball and spacing the floor. Definitely has me excited to see how things work out next season.

Last edited:
Cats gonna listen to kerr when they in the trenches though?

Dont see Kerr as a leader of men, no mater how bright of a basketball mind he is.

We shall see though, anything less than the 2nd round will be considered a failure.

Last edited:
lol wut? What experience did MJax have ? :lol:

at this point, he has 3 years coaching this team under his belt.

Indifferent about the Kerr signing. Average GM, but I think he has a good understanding of basketball systems playing under Phil and Pop.

One thing forsure is that I'm glad this thing is over. Lacob got his guy, hopefully he made the right decision and didn't just get a "Yes" man to management. I can't see Kerr talking back to upper management like Jackson did.

Now, who are we going to sign with our mid-level exception is the question.....

very interesting.......... i think it will work out great, Kerr has a great basketball IQ i think the guys buy in and GS has a great season next year.

Cats gonna listen to kerr when they in the trenches though?

Dont see Kerr as a leader of men, no mater how bright of a basketball mind he is.

We shall see though, anything less than the 2nd round will be considered a failure.

He can relate to them as a ex player and more importantly as a champion.

Winning should be motivation enough. He's played with some of the best, he should be find in his own way.

Jax got a lot out of a team just by the vocal leading and less structure. Im more interested in the flip.

the fact that kerr learned from/played under phil and pop is great but 5 years/$25 mil for a dude with no prior coaching experience? a big, long-term risk. not sure what HC contracts are like, but do we know how much of the 25 is guaranteed?

in any case, glad this saga is over and they can start piecing together the rest of the coaching staff.

would be really interested to see who kerr brings on board with him.

...wsup with the rumors of him pretty much picking NY couple days ago though? Or was that for leverage to getting paid

Been going back and forth with a couple friends that are Warrior fans about the signing. Don't understand why they would target Steve Kerr as the number one coaching candidate having no experience. Not to mention 5 million nearly twice as much as Jackson. I really think the job should have been between SVG or Hollins. Kerr could end up being a great coach who knows the move clearly shows the team is in a "win now" mode maybe if Kerr was the coach they get past the LAC but are they really ready to compete with the likes of San Antonio, OKC and Huston I think there another star player away, which is the player I don't feel is coming. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Lee wasn't moved in the offseason and the Warriors biggest news was the Kerr signing.

Don't see the benefit of bringing kerr in at 2x the money that they paid for jackson. Ur not asking for him to lead u to the playoffs ur asking for conference and nba championships . Don't understand lacob and his sons part in this. Really think they just bought into the knick hype.

What happened to the days of a coach bringing his own set of coaches with him not this gm and owner having a say. Think the whole mjax firing was garbage based on the reasons given and media coverage. The man can coach period. Anyone who thinks he can't don't know basketball

I dislike the fact its a 5 year deal. Also paying a rookie coach 5 mil per is a lot. The pressure is on Kerr now, dunno if he can handle it.

You guys realize this franchise is literally printing money right? Season tickets, sell outs, dynamic pricing, etc...

I don't give a crap if we signed a coach for 5 years $50mm, it has no bearing on anything that matters. If mgmt wants to win as bad as they make it seem, this is pennies on the dollars given how much they need to spend elsewhere.

And giving him five years was basically needed in order to trump the Knicks offer.  I see no problem with what we gave him either.  If he is truly the guy to lead this team in management's eyes, they needed to lock him up.

The jury is still out on whether or not this was all the right move or not.  I still remain skeptical.

Last edited:
at least he claims to have a plan.

hopefully it is something other than iso-iso-iso-gang rebound

if his bball IQ is anywhere half it is reputed to be, gsw should take a top 4 seed in the west. 

The truth of the matter is we have no idea if he's a good coach. That's the case with any brand new coach, we just gotta hope and pray together lol

Remember, Kerr isn't going to be the only guy on the bench.

Kerr has already talked about bringing in experienced assistants and Lacob has made it known he is going to pay top dollar for quality assistants.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom