LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

Could you imagine the spread opportunities if we had curry, klay, iggy, melo and bogut that would be serious. If mjax was still the coach I'm confident he could get melo to play defense . When melo wants to he is capable.

What worries me about kerr is his focus on defense and what he gets out of the team. If we don't play d it will be like starting all over again. Defense is all effort.

Last edited:
Could you imagine the spread opportunities if we had curry, klay, iggy, melo and bogut that would be serious. If mjax was still the coach I'm confident he could get melo to play defense . When melo wants to he is capable.

What worries me about kerr is his focus on defense and what he gets out of the team. If we don't play d it will be like starting all over again. Defense is all effort.

a line up of curry, klay, and melo would score 120 points a night, on 25+ threes a night. defense wouldn't be necessary

^^^ you're talking about Nellie ball again.....

:lol: and that's why i can't get behind melo to the warriors. not saying that he's on the verge of retiring, but maybe if we were talking about a melo who was 4 or 5 years younger.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think the defense will suffer much.

Will we be a top 3 defensive efficiency team again next year? Probably not, but if we can at least stay within the top 1/3 along with the jump I expect in the offense, we should be in good shape.

Unless of course we make a deal that sends 1 or 2 of our top defenders packing then things may get a little sketchy.

With Bogut to protect the paint and Iggy to cover the perimeter... I'd actually be fine with Melo. Upgrade from David Lee I guess... the only issue would be rebounding. We'd definitely have even more trouble grabbing boards on defense but we'd probably be one of the top, if not the top, teams on offense. This is why we NEED KLove, he would solve both problems.

If you guys can't get Love... get Boozer?
Nah, I would take Lee a million times over Boozer. Maybe if his contract wasnt atrocious and he would bolster our bench, which is highly doubtful considering he wants a starting job

I'd prefer anybody over Lee, especially at like $5-$6 million. A dream scenario; the Warriors trade Lee for Aflalo. They somehow move anybody besides Curry or Thompson (I don't want to give up Bogut either) to get Love.
Curry/Sessions
Thompson/
Iguodala/Green
Love/
Bogut/Ezeli

You are probably right about Boozer because he couldn't even stay on the floor in the playoffs. I like to remember the 07 Boozer that hurt the Warriors. Just get rid of Lee.

Last edited:
So basically in that scenario, we get rid of Lee, get Afflalo and then send Afflalo and Barnes to Minn for Love.  And also sign Sessions.

Am I following this correctly?  

Oh, and we also go back in time and get the '07 Carlos Boozer to come and play off the bench for $6 million.

Boozer is a last resort if the Warriors can't get Love (it's all me and it would never happen). I guess the Warriors would give up any chance of getting Love if they trade Lee, but I doubt they would do that if they actually thought Love was a possibility. I'm just thinking out loud various scenarios where Lee is gone.

In terms of a backup point, I'm being crazy biased here without a doubt, but I feel like Jeremy Lin would be perfect in that role on the Warriors. As a sixth man off the bench, he would fit in perfectly on a contender (but not as a starter).
Maybe after his current deal expires next season...:nerd:...only if the Warriors haven't shored up the backup PG spot by then.

Acid bring up Jeremy Lin ..... 

At least he didn't remind us they played on the same church league team.

didnt we give kerr one of the bigger contracts for coaches? why is dude still working on tnt? :lol:

didnt we give kerr one of the bigger contracts for coaches? why is dude still working on tnt?
laugh.gif
Meh.

Not a big deal, imo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kings-...ithout-assurance-he-ll-re-sign-015519118.html

Kings out here being reckless.
This is gonna really hamper our chances to get Kevin Love

besides their 1st round pick, who can they really offer the twolves? 8th pick and Gay? doubt that's a good enough offer.

and in any case, I cant see love resigning with the kings. best case scenario, love goes to sac, but doesnt resign. we grab him as a FA without having to sacrifice klay and then we trade Lee's contract for a cost-efficient big man to come off the bench.

View media item 992206

Dj Augustin would be an amazing back up point guard for curry. Pretty sure his contract us up this season with the bulls and he only got $650k / 1yr or something, maybe we could do like $2.5m / 3yr. Either way by dumping lee and someone (most likely a guard) for love we'd need an other pg, Blake could play a sg and we'd look pretty good IMO

Back
Top Bottom