Lock please, thanks. Warriors 2011/2012 Thread Up.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Mike Brown only if LeBron is included.
laugh.gif
I'm sure you know who the real coach was during those seasons...

Top assistants Lawrence Frank (Boston), Brian Shaw (Lakers) and Mike Budenholzer (San Antonio) are also considered candidates. The Warriors are expected to inquire about Jerry Sloan, Jeff Van Gundy and Rick Adelman.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/detail?entry_id=87859#ixzz1KknLQGxL

Out of those guys...my top choice would be JVG, Jerry Sloan and Mike Budenholzer(i know NOTHING about him but he's a Spur and they churn out NOTHING but Greatness!!)
laugh.gif

I liked Keith Smart and thought he did a good job.  I know others weren't too fond of him but I thought he did some pretty good rotation moves and i liked that he gave everyone a shot to try and contribute.  I think he gets too much blame for Curry's inconsistent minutes when really, Curry is the one that picks up 3 fouls in 5 minutes.

Top assistants Lawrence Frank (Boston), Brian Shaw (Lakers) and Mike Budenholzer (San Antonio) are also considered candidates. The Warriors are expected to inquire about Jerry Sloan, Jeff Van Gundy and Rick Adelman.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/detail?entry_id=87859#ixzz1KknLQGxL

Out of those guys...my top choice would be JVG, Jerry Sloan and Mike Budenholzer(i know NOTHING about him but he's a Spur and they churn out NOTHING but Greatness!!)
laugh.gif

I liked Keith Smart and thought he did a good job.  I know others weren't too fond of him but I thought he did some pretty good rotation moves and i liked that he gave everyone a shot to try and contribute.  I think he gets too much blame for Curry's inconsistent minutes when really, Curry is the one that picks up 3 fouls in 5 minutes.

Originally Posted by minus28

Seems like I was the only one around here who liked Smart. Seems like he had the team playing hard despite the deficiencies on the court. I guess from being a life long Detroit Lions fan I know its not going to be an over night process to turn this team around. I'm not really sure who is out there that would make an impression on the team like Smart did.
Not the only one, I backed him all season. Makes little sense to let him go unless we can bring in somebody who's obviously the one.

Originally Posted by minus28

Seems like I was the only one around here who liked Smart. Seems like he had the team playing hard despite the deficiencies on the court. I guess from being a life long Detroit Lions fan I know its not going to be an over night process to turn this team around. I'm not really sure who is out there that would make an impression on the team like Smart did.
Not the only one, I backed him all season. Makes little sense to let him go unless we can bring in somebody who's obviously the one.

I agree it's a little harsh to let him go only after 1 year + the fact he's gotten us 10 (?) more wins than last year?

But I honestly don't think he'll get us anywhere. His distribution of minutes are only inches better than Nellie, that one game where Monta played 53 minutes
sick.gif

I agree it's a little harsh to let him go only after 1 year + the fact he's gotten us 10 (?) more wins than last year?

But I honestly don't think he'll get us anywhere. His distribution of minutes are only inches better than Nellie, that one game where Monta played 53 minutes
sick.gif

He's not a horrible coach, but he isn't a difference-maker either. I think management wants someone who can completely change the culture, more emphasis on defense, etc. I think if anything this season, it was clear Smart couldn't do that. Someone like JVG would be a slam dunk hire, but that Spurs assistant would be a good hire too.

He's not a horrible coach, but he isn't a difference-maker either. I think management wants someone who can completely change the culture, more emphasis on defense, etc. I think if anything this season, it was clear Smart couldn't do that. Someone like JVG would be a slam dunk hire, but that Spurs assistant would be a good hire too.

Originally Posted by What up

Originally Posted by daprescription

gswscribe Marcus Thompson

I've heard - from people I think know something - Sloan, Casey, Frank, Budenholzer and Mike Brown are on GSW's list.
Whose list are the Warriors on?  You can probably cut that list in half ...

laugh.gif
x
tired.gif

dang no adelman on GSW's list? he should be there based on the fact he took lottery teams out of the damn lottery the last couple of seasons in HOU.

*edit--
lawrence frank seems like the logical move with lacob and BOS... though i wouldn't mind getting a top assistant from somewhere, get some new blood in coaching.

Originally Posted by What up

Originally Posted by daprescription

gswscribe Marcus Thompson

I've heard - from people I think know something - Sloan, Casey, Frank, Budenholzer and Mike Brown are on GSW's list.
Whose list are the Warriors on?  You can probably cut that list in half ...

laugh.gif
x
tired.gif

dang no adelman on GSW's list? he should be there based on the fact he took lottery teams out of the damn lottery the last couple of seasons in HOU.

*edit--
lawrence frank seems like the logical move with lacob and BOS... though i wouldn't mind getting a top assistant from somewhere, get some new blood in coaching.

laugh.gif
@ What Up....exactly. Coupled with that sentiment from free agents to be as well.

I watched Dexter. Waiting on the next season to come to Netflix. Couldn't believe the finale of S4.

Back
Top Bottom