**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the nature of the sport has ruined the value of a RB financially.

For a little bit now ive wondered if dudes coming up are more hesitant to play RB because of shelf life and money. Someone's gotta do it though, and if you got talent what ya gonna do.

Problem is you can get quality guys pretty much every year in the 2nd or 3rd now (cook, Kamara and hunt last year plus Green Bay dudes.. guice and others this past draft)

Plus even look at a guy like gurley who had a knee injury coming out.. so obviously he has been great to this point, but for how long

Like I look at shady, that's why I had zero issue with us moving him.. his mileage was getting high for a RB, plus price tag getting higher and he had knee injuries from high school and college I think

Plus you can find someone useful usually every year for a 1 year deal

Word. I still think the position itself has value. As a believer in the sport being cyclical I even think the RB position is making a come back, or has already made one. But it just doesn't seem like there's value in paying dudes after their rookie deals are up. You've been able to find dudes that can produce enough everywhere for nothing like you said.

Zeke and Lynch have been exceptions if you build the team accordingly. But who knows, maybe there will be enough dudes coming like Gurley that are so undeniably game changing that we'll start to see them worth getting the brinks truck. This years draft has a ton of potential again and Barkley specifically seems he can be that guy.

The current state of the RB position is interesting honestly.

Word. I still think the position itself has value. As a believer in the sport being cyclical I even think the RB position is making a come back, or has already made one. But it just doesn't seem like there's value in paying dudes after their rookie deals are up. You've been able to find dudes that can produce enough everywhere for nothing like you said.

Zeke and Lynch have been exceptions if you build the team accordingly. But who knows, maybe there will be enough dudes coming like Gurley that are so undeniably game changing that we'll start to see them worth getting the brinks truck. This years draft has a ton of potential again and Barkley specifically seems he can be that guy.

The current state of the RB position is interesting honestly.

I think it's a balance thing with the position.. while teams obviously have that 3rd down basically pass catcher

You wanna focus on touches with your main guy, max 15ish rushes with 5ish catches thrown in.. and then put an actual emphasis on having another guy there that can get at least 10-15 touches himself

Like look at the eagles and our line rotation, the quality guys can continue throwing high heat because their snap count isn't high.. so for guys like gurley and zeke, I think a same approach should be used where you're focusing more on them getting quality snaps and not killing them with quantity where theyre still fresh at the end of the game and at the end of the season and into the playoffs

Like vikes should have used McKinnon more before cook got hurt, not that I'm saying over use caused his injury.. but just saying you need at least 2 solid RBs and not just 1 main guy and a 3rd down type

Saints being the perfect example of this

Last edited:
Like look at the eagles and our line rotation, the quality guys can continue throwing high heat because their snap count isn't high.. so for guy like gurley and zeke, I think a same approach should be used where you're focusing more on them getting quality snaps and not killing them with quantity where their still fresh at the end of the game and at the end of the season and into the playoffs

I'm not so sure. You guys put a great system in place and it might not be the easiest to replicate elsewhere. For all we know it might not be easy for you guys to replicate next season. Not that im saying that's what will happen. It was cool to see, so we'll see. I think it depends on the situation and every team has a different situation.

in my opinion im willing to argue Zeke is the best running back in the league. He's so god damn frustratingly good. The Cowboys have won games for one reason only and that's giving it to Zeke over and over and over again. He's so god damn frustratingly good because he ends up getting a 1st down over and over and over again. The Cowboys would not be nearly as successful as they have been if they limited his reps and gave them to other dudes like the Eagles approach. Zeke grinding is the best option. Fortunately, for the Packers at least, that dope Garrett will decide to throw the ball THE ONE TIME he should not have taken the ball out of Zeke's hands, over and over and over again lol.

Same goes for Lynch though. I think if you wanna evaluate a RB that's worth the money you should maybe be focusing on their build instead of their talent alone. Gurley and Bell and such, are more prone to serious injury and shorter shelf life. Lynch is still kickin and could have been good longer if he really wanted to. And I don't see Zeke slowing down any time soon despite his rep count.

I'm not saying your model is wrong btw. It's a nice idea that seems to have worked for a few teams last season if you build it correctly. I just don't agree with it applying to Zeke.

^ hard for me to give it to zeke when I don't think the cowboys use him enough in the passing game

Gurley and leveon being the example of what you need.. and kamara being another example

But I think it takes the team focusing on that depth and committing to actually having it.. not to say saint lucked into kamara and ingram, but they focused on depth at that position

With us and our line, we're not asking the older guys to come in and be big snap guys but to come in and be a part of a rotation (long, ngata and Bennett).. I think fletcher cox lead the team in snaps and that was us moving him all over the place and playing him with 3 DEs and stuff like that but still only big games did he go over 60% of the snaps if I'm remembering correctly and I think next guy was maybe just over 40%

I'm not saying your model is wrong btw. It's a nice idea that seems to have worked for a few teams last season if you build it correctly. I just don't agree with it applying to Zeke.

Like I see the saints as almost there

Ingram was 230 rushes with 71 targets in the passing game.. kamara with 120 rushes and 100 targets in the passing game

Add in APs 29 targets to distribute amongst those 2 you could easily get to what I'm thinking for a 1 and 2 guy

It's weird. It's like Bell or Gurley could be or are better than Zeke. But im pretty sure id still take Zeke over them. So idk wtf my definition of who's better even is.

And you know it really just dawned on me the Packers were probably doing and are prepping to do the same thing as Saints and Eagles. We got 3 guys with good expectations. It's just 1 or 2 of them were always out at one point throughout the year and all 3 never got to work with Rodgers. I can't imagine they aren't cooking up their own thing this year.

I guess my main thing is, even if you find that 1 guy I don't think his attempts should go over 250 for the season

But I'd probably actually take kamara right now with his 3 years left on his 3rd round rookie deal (plus he didn't get worn down in college)

Like zeke missed all those games and still had 242 carries last season to go with the 322 he has his rookie season (in 15 games)

Yeah in general I agree with that. like I said I think the value is in the rookie deals and to keep things moving. I just think there's exceptions.

Looking at just the player, ignoring all cap circumstances and all that. Pretty damn confident Zeke will be dominant and will stay safe without being on pins and needles that Kamara wont end up like Delvin Cook. Or Gurley. Or Bell. ect.

“I think it’ll all come out when they do the 30 for 30,” Sherman said, via Robert Klemko of SI.com. “Mistakes and poor judgment on things ruined what could have been a really special deal. … They’ve lost their way. It’s as simple as that. They’ve just lost their way. When you make too many mistakes over a long period of time, you kind of dig yourself a hole. And then when you backtrack, you gotta make a bunch of rash decisions to try and fill the hole and hope that it holds up.”

:rofl:@ him mentioning a potential 30for30,can't wait for it

@DeadsetAce

from 2000 to 2012

PeytonManning (0-9)

7 "One and Done" Losses

2 SuperBowl Losses

234 of 369 (63.4%) for 2,535 yards

13 TDs and 7 INTs

87.3 PR

Tom Brady (9-0)

9 Postseason Wins

189 of 331 (57.0%) for 2,078 yards

8 TDs and 12 INTs

68.7 PR

(grabs popcorn)

^Forever pissed and neither of em was my team

Till this day I think its a conspiracy for Marshawn NOT to get MVP because of his behavior that year

Dude carried yall all year + all game to NOT get the ball at the most important place on the field because he doesn't talk to reporters?

Blasphemy

Don't think the NFL didn't want a cocky dude to have a ring + MVP title

Which was more of a disappointment?

I feel like the Seahawks was more of a let down |l

Falcons, that shhh was improbable.. literally dudes took themselves out of field goal range, which would have theoretically been the nail in the coffin

At least Seahawks I can see them saying, marshawn is the obvious call.. it was still dumb to throw an inside slant, cause you're thinking they'll load the box for marshawn.. like I figure you do 1 of 2 things if you're not going to marshawn, something with Russ running or something with someone on the outside

I remember that seahawks L made me break my long no fap streak i was on at the time. And im not even a seahawk fan.

That L had me hot. Fk the pats.

Glad philly took care of business :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom