**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
college football players get paid in a free ride, they don't deserve to be paid IMO

I believe in a multifaceted approach..

Just as your allotted a certain number of scholarships, you have a sorta soft cap (that gets re-evaluated periodically depending on the new tv deals and all that).. every team can spend X amount, but if they exceed that amount they then have to match every dollar in a general fund that goes to the smaller less profitable schools in the conference

And atheletes should be able to make money off of their likeness

There's something about the Rams coach beard that bothers me more than it should. cant put my finger on it.

for the money they produce for these colleges , its not enough.

That's because there isn't any other option. If you gave them an option of a free ride or a piece of their deserved pie from the billions it brings in the players would opt for the money.

I believe in a multifaceted approach..

Just as your allotted a certain number of scholarships, you have a sorta soft cap (that gets re-evaluated periodically depending on the new tv deals and all that).. every team can spend X amount, but if they exceed that amount they then have to match every dollar in a general fund that goes to the smaller less profitable schools in the conference

And atheletes should be able to make money off of their likeness

give them an incentive to get the degree and allocate a nice graduation bonus when they actually get their degree

A lot of these guys already get monthly stipends from their schools. How they choose to spend their money is on them.

doesn't even include the under the table things that coaches do for their families or the player themselves.

Free education, unlimited food, the best tudors and advisors, and lenient professors.. utilize it.. You know how ****in' happy I would be if I was on a full ride and got the academic perks collegiate athletes do? The majority of them dudes don't even go to class.

If a college band performs at the SuperBowl do the band members deserve to get paid? do the students in the theatre arts department deserve to get paid when they put on performances?

How does the NCAA compensate all the conferences? Obviously my school (UNCG) doesn't deserve the same payment plan for our athletes as UNC Chapel Hill.

This sports **** is already a monopoly, top 5 players in college bball go to the same 2 schools.

Most of these college athletes don't deserve a damn thing.

Ummm so why can't college kids get paid again?

I think they should be compensated in some way but you can't pay em, a lot of these schools got bags that can't be matched.

like people think Alabama dominating every year is bad, paying players gonna make it worst.

give them an incentive to get the degree and allocate a nice graduation bonus when they actually get their degree
They're not recruited to get degrees, though. They're just tools to generate more money so guys like Dabo can say these student athletes are spoiled while he takes in $6.5M per year.

I have a fundamental disagreement with the whole 3 years removed from high school thing..

They ain't asking these dudes to be neurosurgeons.. the only ability they need to have is to able to play the game.. it would be nice if they completed their degrees, but a degree ain't a prerequisite to them succeeding in the league

That's why I believe in a multifaceted approach, like a lil like baseball.. for some dudes they will need the 4 (or 5 or more, depending on red shirts).. for others they won't need it, like say AP.. and for a lot that will be the highest level they get to, so maybe they should be able negotiate on grad school as part of their deal

problem with college athletes is they feel entitled to as **** and they aren't even close to being a pro athlete, you would love to see the D2/D3 athletes I deal with

they come thinking they will dominate, get an offer to Duke and be a first round pick in NBA

and the soccer players, don't even get me started on them

Rams head coach looking like Tormund lil bro.
B1EE650F-D2A8-440A-9D9C-5F76725D3BD6-17372-00000B7AAF02AD04.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom