**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
#NFL#ColorRush#BYKE
vhpy.gif

Yessir.

tumblr_myn8zvApdE1qi5ntvo1_400.gif

CC is right, Rayne Dakota would be a very different QB for a team without a line. Put him with the Giants and he's getting benched. He looked very average at best in week 1.

There are high school teams in Texas that play in nicer stadiums than ya'll :rofl:

Literally :lol::lol::lol:

CC spitting that fire

So a good O-line makes Dak better. You don't say CC. :lol:
Weeden and Cassell played behind the same line and went 4-12 so Dak as a rookie definitely deserves credit.

Also this comment is spot on.

I understand Nick's argument - his biggest statement was clarification over whether Dak's numbers, or his team's success, would be as good somewhere else (most definitely not), or whether HE would still be as good anywhere else. Wherever Dak goes he's still Dak. Your system doesn't contribute to your maturity. Dak's biggest strengths are his poise (he doesn't get flustered by big moments, even when his O-line fails him, which isn't often), he doesn't force ill-advised throws, and he adds a mobility element. His system doesn't dictate those. We may not notice how good Dak is somewhere else, because his team likely wouldn't be as successful if it's a lesser situation, but he's still as good as he is. Dallas doesn't make him better. If anything, it could potentially hide how good he might actually be because he ISN'T challenged very often.

the actual and only quotes from jeffrey lurie in the article [which dont start until the 11th paragraph in the story.. and never states what question(s) he was asked and give any sort of context to the quotes]:
  1. the 11th paragraph: “You know me,” Lurie said Sunday, after the Eagles beat Washington. “I’m always thoughtful about these sorts of matters.”
  2. the 17th paragraph: “I don’t think anybody who is protesting the national anthem … is very respectful,” Lurie said. “If that’s all their platform is, is to protest the national anthem, then what’s the proactive nature of it?”
  3. the 24th paragraph: “Anybody who wants to do proactive things, to try to reverse social injustice, I’m all in favor of. It has to be respectful,” Lurie said. “It certainly has to respect the military and the people that serve, the women and men that serve our country, emergency responders, whoever that is.”
  4. the 27th paragraph:“With Michael Vick, there was a complete vetting of: ‘How is he as a teammate? What is his character? What is his potential? What is his football intelligence? Can he be a backup?’ ”
  5. the 34th paragraph: “I applaud anybody that can find respectful ways of trying to use their platform in some way to discuss social injustice,” he said.
the headline:
Colin Kaepernick's act is a non-starter for Jeffrey Lurie's Eagles
the article:
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...social-injustice-anthem-protest-20170913.html

which lead to this, which is obviously causing noise on twitter:

Last edited:
Literally :lol::lol::lol:

So a good O-line makes Dak better. You don't say CC. :lol:
Weeden and Cassell played behind the same line and went 4-12 so Dak as a rookie definitely deserves credit.

Also this comment is spot on.

Chris said more than that. Nick saying that Dak would be great anywhere is crazy. He was able to manage games last year and grow as the season went on. He wouldn't have been able to do that if he was a top pick in that draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom