**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeke Elliott is obviously very good, but they would’ve been much better off taking Jalen Ramsey then Jordan Howard or Derrick Henry later in the draft.

Jordan Howard was a 5th round pick.

That’s like saying don’t draft a quarterback in the 1st because Tom Brady went in the 6th

Trevor Siemian on struggles: 'I've got to play better'
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-ive-got-to-play-better?campaign=Twitter_atn
DNEhAagUEAE2T2k.jpg

Zeke Elliott is obviously very good, but they would’ve been much better off taking Jalen Ramsey then Jordan Howard or Derrick Henry later in the draft.

The way the cowboys are structured offensively, I agree.. but only because of the type of receivers they have, they can't get maximum value from Zeke in the passing game

Even though I think you should go rinse and repeat at RB if you hit on a guy and they're about to turn 30.. I could see the value now of getting the right RB locked into that fixed rookie 1st round 5 year deal (well 4 with the 5th year option).. but RBs don't really make a ton as is, Zeke this year is getting paid top 10 RB money

But a guy like Barkley that you can heavily incorporate into the passing game I get.. and now that the Rams are using gurley more as a pass catcher, you can see the value

Jordan Howard was a 5th round pick.

That’s like saying don’t draft a quarterback in the 1st because Tom Brady went in the 6th

Every year there’s a late round RB that kills it. David Johnson, Jordan Howard, Kareem Hunt, Aaron Jones, Alvin Kamara come to mind off the top of my head.

How often do late round QB’s pan out?

I can't remember what their defensive situation was looking back. I can say that now, but I knew for sure they weren't getting that type of production out of their backfield that yr. I also know it was either gonna be Ramsey or Zeke, but Zeke was a top projected pick for a reason :lol: everybody knows running backs are not high value anymore yet he was still projected to go that high in the first place.

Their season was on Zekes back for the most part last yr (and the line to be fair, but like I said before they weren't getting his kinda production out of their stable post Demarco), so it's hard for me to just put another RB back there and assume Ramsey would make up for the potential loss of production in the running game.

What happens with Dallas once they have to pay Dak and Zeke? They can't keep that offensive line in tact and pay both of them what they're going to demand.

What happens with Dallas once they have to pay Dak and Zeke? They can't keep that offensive line in tact and pay both of them what they're going to demand.

Tbh once the line goes, I think one of them gets exposed :lol: maybe not to be terrible, but to not be worth a pay day.

What happens with Leveon is gonna be big also

Tbh once the line goes, I think one of them gets exposed :lol: maybe not to be terrible, but to not be worth a pay day.

What happens with Leveon is gonna be big also

Zeke has kinda already been exposed. Dak is still preforming close to what he was last year

Zeke has kinda already been exposed. Dak is still preforming close to what he was last year

I give Zeke benefit of the doubt. Might be a cop out but I gotta see him without the distractions again. They're his fault sure but still. Plus he's hella outta shape :lol:

I keep doubting Dak, but dude keeps making plays and making throws.

Can't remember which game but I had to give it to him, he's playing like he belongs at the top. Only negative I can give him is that it's "only" his second year.

I give Zeke benefit of the doubt. Might be a cop out but I gotta see him without the distractions again. They're his fault sure but still. Plus he's hella outta shape :lol:

Eh. I dig it tho

Every year there’s a late round RB that kills it. David Johnson, Jordan Howard, Kareem Hunt, Aaron Jones, Alvin Kamara come to mind off the top of my head.

How often do late round QB’s pan out?

Of the top 10 rushing leaders currently: zeke, gurley and fournette were taken in the 1st

Top 20, you add: Melvin Gordon and mark Ingram

Going by passing yards, QBs in top 10 taking outside the 1st: brady and Brees

Top 20, add: dak, Kirk, mccown, Wilson, siemian and brissett

Dak ain't **** without that line and Zeke.

But you can argue what QB is good without a line and at minimum a decent run game.

The Vikings lost Dalvin Cook & have actually increased their team rushing output with McKinnon/Murray

Brady excelling without a good line? When have we seen that?

I thought NE gave up more sacks than they have this season. They're middle of the road with 18 sacks given up from what I can find.

Generally speaking, I feel like Nate Solder hasn't been that great the past few seasons and their RT was trash before last season.

Dallas has allowed only 7 sacks and NO has only allowed 5 :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom