**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
well damn...

“I know for a fact that every day at ESPN, all the suits and all the lawyers they have their daily 9:15 coffee meeting on how can we fire Sam Ponder without being sued for discrimination,” Portnoy says. “She’s the worst. No person who watches GameDay wants to see a picture of her and her ugly kid. Nobody cares, Sam Ponder. We want to see you sex it up and be slutty and not be some prude f–king jerk who everybody hates.”

“Show me one person who likes Sam Ponder,” Katz says. “I don’t even think Christian Ponder likes Sam Ponder. Everyone hates her but no one will say it out loud.”
So they got their show cancelled from something written three years ago, from someone who isnt even on the show?:lol:

It’s more than cutting cable. You no longer need ESPN for your sports news. Most social media platforms are spreading sports news before ESPN. You can get your news everywhere now. Then you also have FS1, NFLN, MLBN and mad other sports shows

Sam Ponder sucks, she was a terrible hire by ESPN.

Hence why I had agreed in the sentiment of ESPN 'needing' Barstool. In all reality they have the same demographic and content distribution, Stool is flourishing. ESPN is not. There is a reason ESPN brought in the show in the first place.

It’s more than cutting cable. You no longer need ESPN for your sports news. Most social media platforms are spreading sports news before ESPN. You can get your news everywhere now. Then you also have FS1, NFLN, MLBN and mad other sports shows

This is basically what happened to MTV. The internet took over their product of showing music videos. The only way they could survive was by turning into a reality television network. Outside of the games themselves ESPN is following a similar model. 99% of everyone says they hate skip but no one can ever shut the **** up about him. So they could be doing worse i guess.

People always like to talk tough in their safe space :rolleyes

On a lighter note

dead.png

Sure, I get most of my sports news from social media. But ESPN is still a good "definitive" source that is backlinked to in a lot of social media (Woj tweets, for example). I don't watch video news myself.

In the future that could be a nail in the coffin, but I think that as of now it's the cord cutting that is costing ESPN the most.

I can honestly say that outside of live sports I haven't watched ESPN in 2017. I got to think the main views are:
The stay at home dad
The water cooler guy that thinks he knows everything
The millennial that uses it for background noise

I can honestly say that outside of live sports I haven't watched ESPN in 2017.

Same. It's funny to think I used to go back after high school on the regular and look forward to watching it every day. And if they mentioned the Seahawks/Sonics coming later in some segment wait for all of this CFB and stuff I didn't care about for it to come on :lol:. Interesting era.

Of course a few years before that we did the same with MTV. Which could be ESPN's dark future.

Tbh all I need are the games. I come to NT for the takes :lol:
same. I don't f with one way conversations from talking heads... Don't listen to any sports media or sports podcast... I'm good with nt if I want to talk about sports or hear about it.

I'm bout to cut the cord this month. The thing is I'm only going to end up saving like 30 bucks. Internet is 70. Then some type of net TV is still 30 plus...

Eh Coors and Bud light both pretty trash. I just stick to my local brews :pimp:

Most bars down here in SD don't even have Coors or Bud on tap anymore :lol:

Solid beer! Modern Times is my jam right now and there is a small brewery right down the road from me (Novo Brazil) that has some good beers as well.
If you’re ever in LA, go check out Angel City Brewery
Many very good ales
Once a year they have an avocado fest where they have avocado ale on tap, tastes delicious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom