**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
From a brand standpoint, exposure.

ESPN needs brand exposure from barstool sports?

giphy.gif

i know 1 of those 2 needs brand exposure and it aint ESPN.. ESPN does need to improve their non live sports content, which i believe they were trying to address with the move

I don't have ESPN, not paying for it when I can easily use someone elses

cable companies should learn to stop being so greedy but they finally take the nail in the coffin

I don't have ESPN, not paying for it when I can easily use someone elses

cable companies should learn to stop being so greedy but they finally take the nail in the coffin

Havent paid for cable over a year now :smokin

Still get to watch everything on cable

ESPN's problem is cable cord cutting, I don't think content can fix that for them.

yup.. gotta change how you do business.. like with the radio content, gotta focus more on podcasts.. but you gotta get way more savvier on how to deal with advertising, because consumers are just finding mechanisms to circumvent ads

Cable ain't worried bout nothin :lol: by the time the old/lazy folks die off, they'll have the internet well in hand

yup.. gotta change how you do business.. like with the radio content, gotta focus more on podcasts.. but you gotta get way more savvier on how to deal with advertising, because consumers are just finding mechanisms to circumvent ads

I think ESPN as a company has plenty of positive ways to get revenue, but I just don't see how that revenue can support this massive machine that they built up for the golden age of '05 or whenever it was. Plus the insane amount they spent for live TV deals.

Podcasts, live content, and the website as a destination for score/news are all good, but maybe there isn't a place for a sports news company as massive as ESPN was anymore.

I think ESPN as a company has plenty of positive ways to get revenue, but I just don't see how that revenue can support this massive machine that they built up for the golden age of '05 or whenever it was. Plus the insane amount they spent for live TV deals.

Podcasts, live content, and the website as a destination for score/news are all good, but maybe there isn't a place for a sports news company as massive as ESPN was anymore.

Not on tv that's for sure

It’s more than cutting cable. You no longer need ESPN for your sports news. Most social media platforms are spreading sports news before ESPN. You can get your news everywhere now. Then you also have FS1, NFLN, MLBN and mad other sports shows

Sam Ponder sucks, she was a terrible hire by ESPN.

I think Sam Ponder does great. I like the whole ESPN Sunday Countdown crew, maybe not Rex, but they're way better than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom