|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Pelton suggest a Lakers-Celtics trade.

Celtics get Lou WIlliams and the Lakers get #23. I think that's fair value for both sides. But I don't think this team needs to bring three rookies to the roster again.

I do that gladly.

Lop off another 6-7 mil, use 23+32 to move up to 18-20 if need be. Grab Sabonis? :nerd:

Last edited:
I'd rather keep Lou Williams for veteran locker room presence and his above average off the bench scoring. His contract isn't bad at all, Lakers would have a hard time finding another back up veteran PG for that salary price especially with the new cap going up.

I'm also not so high on using #32 pick on Gary Payton II.

Last edited:
I'd rather keep Lou Williams for veteran locker room presence and he's above average off the bench scoring. His contract isn't bad at all, Lakers would have a hard time finding another back up veteran PG for that salary price especially with the new cap going up.

I'm also not so high on using #32 pick on Gary Payton II.

Few problems....

1. He's not a good veteran locker room presence.. Same guy who got up from a table when Russell sat down.
2. He's not a backup PG. Never will be. He's a 2. When he's put in PG slot he stinks.
3. How long do you plan to keep him here? The answer should be 1 to 2 years max, after that he'll be 32 to start the season. Go with somebody who may have long term impact

Also moving him out allows you to chase a 3&D SG, and be able to get Clarkson more time at PG, and not have to put Clarkson & Lou together which is bad.

Last edited:
Also from a strictly financial standpoint... This is all ballpark numbers. Within a mil or 2.

Let's say you decide to maximize cap space.

With Lou & Swaggy.. #2 & # 32. Clarkson, Huertas & Black RFA cap holds, you have $60.792mil in cap space
-with this you have room for 2 - 30% max deals, and paying Clarkson $10mil. That's it. And you'll get about $15mil in cap space in 2017.
- 1 - 30%, 1- 25% max. Clarkson $10mil. About $3-4mil left.
- 2 - 25% max deals. Clarkson $10mil. About $5-7mil left over.

If you stretch Swaggy.. Leave all things constant... You have $64mil in cap
- Room for 2 - 30% max deals. Pay Clarkson $10mil. Have $4mil left over.
- 2 - 25% max deals. Pay Clarkson $10mil. Have room for $9-11mil

If you stretch Swaggy... And trade Lou Williams + #32 or Anthony Brown for #23. You have $70mil in cap space.
-Room for 2 - 30% max deals. Pay Clarkson $10mil. Have $10mil left over.
-Room for 1 - 25% max deals. 1-30% max. Pay Clarkson $10mil. Have $13mil left over.
-Room for 2- 25% max deals. Pay Clarkson $10mil. Have $18mil left over.

In a scenario.. You do all that.. Don't know who you'd draft at 23 & 32.
But you could financially sign Whiteside to his max. Sign Biyombo to $18mil. (DISCLAIMER: I'm the only who would spend a boat load of money to secure a Starting and Backup C) Now C / PF completely set for years to come. And still have $22mil to play around with, and look at SG / SF.

And furthermore, you could go Bazemore for $13mil... Push over $9-10mil in cap space to 2017, and throw it on top of the $15mil it's supposed to increase in 2017

Last edited:
Not sold on Brown at all. He didnt show not one thing all season imo. Not even one flash. I'll give him another chance this year since Kobe's gone.

Let's play a game:

Luke wants to bring one of his vets from the Warriors to the team. Do you pick Mo Speights, Brandon Rush or Anderson Vaerjao?

I'm excluding Barnes and Ezeli because they're restricted and Barbosa because the team doesn't need another guard.

Let's play a game:

Luke wants to bring one of his vets from the Warriors to the team. Do you pick Mo Speights, Brandon Rush or Anderson Vaerjao?

I'm excluding Barnes and Ezeli because they're restricted and Barbosa because the team doesn't need another guard.

Brandon Rush, decent defender and decent shooter, always a place for him on a Team

Was gonna say something about Brandon Ingram's prison quality Body Ink but it looks like he already started to upgrade it... thank god :lol:

Let's play a game:

Hell no to Vaerjao, that guy is terrible and doesn't even belong in the league anymore. The only thing going to LA will do for him is get him a head start on his acting career. 

Let's play a game:

Brandon Rush, decent defender and decent shooter, always a place for him on a Team

Agreed.

Let's play a game:

Rush..

Although I want to say Speights... But unfortunately he moves so damn slow

No to Andy.. AT ALL.

No to Ezeli too.

And maybe on Barnes

Last edited:
Look i understand the Cap is coming up and contracts are gonna be bloated, but why in the Hell are people lining up the Brinks truck for Biyombo.. dude had a decent series against the cavs & suddenly people are salivating over him... His production can be had in the draft.

I recall reading a Lakers book a few yrs ago and the author made it seem the Lakers org didn't like dealing with the Rush family. They came from a shady AAU background starting with Jaron in the 90s.

Look i understand the Cap is coming up and contracts are gonna be bloated, but why in the Hell are people lining up the Brinks truck for Biyombo.. dude had a decent series against the cavs & suddenly people are salivating over him... His production can be had in the draft.

He's 23.. And started coming into his own.

And you won't get his production from 32. You won't get it next year from 40 or so. Or 2018 from #15 or later

So I know we all pretty much hate Nick Young cuz he is a useless chucker and the locker room is prob in the gutter with him there...but you guys think he could show some signs of life this year playing under Walton?
Young's lone decent season was under Mike D'Antoni with his face paced offense. I'm thinking Nick Young could possibly have some sort of revival under Luke with the GS offense.
That way hopefully his stock can rise so we can trade him for something around the trade deadline.

So I know we all pretty much hate Nick Young cuz he is a useless chucker and the locker room is prob in the gutter with him there...but you guys think he could show some signs of life this year playing under Walton?
Young's lone decent season was under Mike D'Antoni with his face paced offense. I'm thinking Nick Young could possibly have some sort of revival under Luke with the GS offense.
That way hopefully his stock can rise so we can trade him for something around the trade deadline.

Nope. Get him out of here. Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom