|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take him as a shooting guard only if other plans fall out...harden puts up numbers too but what's it doing for the team...I just don't want that type of player on my squad

I'd take him as a shooting guard only if other plans fall out...harden puts up numbers too but what's it doing for the team...I just don't want that type of player on my squad

Get another squad then.

Westbrook is interesting in that he has all of Kobe's flaws as a player. I can see why some would hesitate to bring him on. Unless you're looking to completely remodel this team it might be an awkward fit

A long couple of years man lol...fellas not saying I dont like him he's a local he's a stud but I would prefer the team going a different direction...wouldn't be mad if he ended up here tho

I'd like Westbrook, but it's going to be really tough to get him even with the 2017 salary increase.

Assuming they use most of the 2016 cap long term. Then sign Clarkson & Black on top. You'd have to part with 2 of the 3 young guys for nothing 2 of 4 if we keep the pick.

If they leave some cap to sign Clarkson & Black, Wouldn't be as difficult. Would be Lou Will traded for nothing, stretching Swaggy and trading Nance or Black.

It's why if KD's plan is to stay another year with Russ, enter FA with him, and go somewhere else with him, is almost impossible. Whether that would be going to LA or elsewhere.

Last edited:
First time watching Ingram play for duke. He's long and has great size. Orient know he was so skinny frame wise. Reminds me of KD. Not skill wise just frame wise

The tank is strong with this one. Wait until 20 games to give players minutes/roles then immediately confuse them with a new offense. Byron is a good soldier

Serious, if Byron gets us this pick, he's my 3rd favorite Laker coach, ever.

Phil
Riley
Scott

If we don't get the pick, he's dead last. Even worse than Magic was.

I'd like Westbrook, but it's going to be really tough to get him even with the 2017 salary increase.

Assuming they use most of the 2016 cap long term. Then sign Clarkson & Black on top. You'd have to part with 2 of the 3 young guys for nothing 2 of 4 if we keep the pick.

If they leave some cap to sign Clarkson & Black, Wouldn't be as difficult. Would be Lou Will traded for nothing, stretching Swaggy and trading Nance or Black.

It's why if KD's plan is to stay another year with Russ, enter FA with him, and go somewhere else with him, is almost impossible. Whether that would be going to LA or elsewhere.

They most likely won't be able to use half of the cap space from this summer as it's way more likely nobody or at most one guy (Whiteside) actually signs here. As for Clarkson, Black and even Julius if KD and Russ want to come as a package deal...bye bye.

Last edited:
First time watching Ingram play for duke. He's long and has great size. Orient know he was so skinny frame wise. Reminds me of KD. Not skill wise just frame wise

I'm watching the game and ionno. He has all the tools but the look in his face is so nonchalant and his aggressiveness is lacking. #3 on Duke, the point guard i think is waaaaaay more aggressive than Ingram. Obviously that wouldn't cause me not to want him cuz he is the goods but ionno he is going against other college players so there should be no reason he shouldn't look for his shot every single time, especially when you getting dug out. But I do realize its Duke and he is playing in a system. But man he needs to drink whatever #3 is drinking cuz his aggressiveness is what Ingram should be.

Im 28 so I don't feel old but man these kids nowadays always look way too cool for their own good. Nonchalant attitudes. When DRose was at Memphis he was trying to murder everyone in his way, same thing with Steph and KD and countless others.

And before the long dissertation of why would you give up the young guys? It's going to happen anyway at some point after they fail to move the needle this summer.

Of all the FAs, only Horford and Whiteside are strong lands to leave their current situations. If you can get them as a package great, but where does that leave Julius, as expendable. But Horford may want to actually contend so we probably won't be tops on his list.

DeRozan is said to love the 6 abs can get more money there. MJ is going to offer Batum a max deal to stay in Charlotte same thing.

So who does that leave us to get the two aforementioned and KD should he decide to leave OKC which I don't think he'll do this year.

You use one of the max slots to sign Whiteside/Horford to a deal. Fill out the rest of the roster with 1 year guys and leave yourself flexibility to go after those two together next summer or Blake and one of them. Clarkson, Randle and basically everyone except D'Lo and Simmons/Ingram can be moved. You still have 2 great young pieces and hopefully 2 star pieces and another really good one for the start of the 2017-2018 season.

I think KD and Russ's deals would be around 27 million to start. If we only use one max slot this season we should have enough for two the following summer.

If the Oklahoma City Thunder couldn't get it done I don't understand how the Los Angeles Thunder could get it done. KD and Westbrook leaving and going somewhere else is the dumbest thing I have heard of. I dont know why anyone would continue to entertain that idiocracy.

All this talk of FA and what players are gonna do what and how they will sign and etc ....all this banter.
Until things get right up top it all doesn't matter. As long as our lovely franchise leaders keep hiring BS (literally & figuratively) coaches, signing crap 1 year players, look like idiots in public and in meetings, then none of this matters in all honestly.

We're not getting anyone. Not Whiteside, not Horford, not KD, not Derozan. No one.

They're going to strike out again, and get someone like Hibbert or Lin to fill cap space and go from there.

If we keep the pick, awesome another kid to develop. If we don't, we don't. Our core is Russell clarkson, Randle, brown and nance.

They'll improve over the next two years and when the Warriors start to show signs of vulnerability, that's when the lakers will look more attractive. Until then it's the Warriors world and we're just living in it.

Bottom line they need to get a coach to instill a culture, agree on a front office, and stop looking like complete idiots in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom