|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure they were prepared. They sold him on everything they could think of, but not what he actually wanted. That was their mistake. And Byron Scott. :lol:

And oh by the way, without Kobe's contract, they could have landed LMA AND 1-2 other stars to come with. But hey, least he helped get us DLo and Ingram. :smokin

No Kobe contract this year with the most cap space in the league though...don't think that excuse holds water anymore.

I mean at least they were able to get meetings with guys in 2014 and 2015. Nobody even wanted to talk to them this summer, wonder why that is?

Last edited:
Sure they were prepared. They sold him on everything they could think of, but not what he actually wanted. That was their mistake. And Byron Scott. :lol:

And oh by the way, without Kobe's contract, they could have landed LMA AND 1-2 other stars to come with. But hey, least he helped get us DLo and Ingram. :smokin

No Kobe contract this year with the most cap space in the league though...don't think that excuse holds water anymore.

It does when you have multiple years in the tank. Again, we could/should have started re-buying talent in 2014, before the stench of 3 straight losing seasons. Sure, we were able to restock the youth on the shelves, you know I'm down for that, but it cost us bein able to pull in vets for a while too. Even with them tryin to sell "we take care of our own". (unlike what Miami is about to try)

people still arguing about that last kobe contract? that was a business decision. that was chump change to what the lakers made off kobe just being on the roster. it was also a 'thank you' to kobe after all his years of service. something the heat dont know off. ask dwade.

Why do we bring up Mozgov every 2 days in this thread? Yes it was a lot of money but the dude is actually pretty good when healthy...he isn't a bum yet so chill with the name calling Mamba

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was an overpay.

Just have to hope his knee is okay. He'll be good for the kids on the court if so. Who knows off the court.

I'm still not seeing how it's a good fit on the court if they're running GS lite since their best lineups were always with Bogut off the floor. And I'm just thinking of the alternative of him either not being all the way right with the knee or just being the career backup type guy he's always been. We're stuck with him unless he preforms really well.

I mean at least they were able to get meetings with guys in 2014 and 2015. Nobody even wanted to talk to them this summer, wonder why that is?

Why do we bring up Mozgov every 2 days in this thread? Yes it was a lot of money but the dude is actually pretty good when healthy...he isn't a bum yet so chill with the name calling Mamba
Are you high ? Pretty good avg. 7 & 5 for his career ? He's a bum

Sure they were prepared. They sold him on everything they could think of, but not what he actually wanted. That was their mistake. And Byron Scott.
laugh.gif

And oh by the way, without Kobe's contract, they could have landed LMA AND 1-2 other stars to come with. But hey, least he helped get us DLo and Ingram.
smokin.gif
I still cannot fathom how someone can think the Kobe contract was terrible but be for the Mozgov contract.  Both players got a ridiculous contract coming off an injury that they didn't fully recover from.

If anything the Mozgov contract is worse because it is 4 years instead of 2.

The guy can barely move around at at 30, but somehow he is going to find the fountain of youth for the next 4 years and all of a sudden be mobile.  His game is more similar to Hibbert than it is dissimilar.

Last edited:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was an overpay.

Just have to hope his knee is okay. He'll be good for the kids on the court if so. Who knows off the court.

I'm still not seeing how it's a good fit on the court if they're running GS lite since their best lineups were always with Bogut off the floor. And I'm just thinking of the alternative of him either not being all the way right with the knee or just being the career backup type guy he's always been. We're stuck with him unless he preforms really well.
The Warriors were very good with their traditional starters. But they were great with the Death Lineup.

In any case, Mozgov is going to be setting screens for DLo-Clarkson and rolling to the basket. The effectiveness of this will be dependent on his knee and the forwards on the court. We'll see if it's Deng at PF, Nance/Ingram can translate their shooting to real NBA games and if Randle has improved his shooting.

Does the losing hurt the rep sure it does but you know what hurts even more? When you have a marquee free agent coming out after a meeting and saying that the brain trust wasn't prepared and takes another pity meeting for a chance at a do over. Or when another marquee free agent looking for his first payday and is a headcase in his own right specifically says he wants a "stable organization" and then says he won't even meet with the Lakers. That's not on Kobe the player, his deal or even the roster so much. That's all on the front office and their reputation right now in the league as being incompetent, dysfunctional, and aloof as to how this new NBA operates.

I said at the time they gave Kobe the deal it was nothing but a distraction to keep the majority of fans content and to sell tix. They've tried selling a false bill of goods the last few seasons and luckily have stumbled on a nice young core that may exonerate their constant missteps. But unfortunately they (Mitch and Jim) won't be here to see it. Much like Hinkie they've sullied the Laker brand to a point to where they have to go after this season.

First time there's tension/arguing going on in here and I actually take CP's side for the most part (with no disrespect to ty, mamba, or anyone else anti-MozGawd) :lol:

Has hell frozen over? :lol: :nerd:

I just think its simply an over-pay.
Nothing thats going to hurt us, nothing that is worth so much tension and hostility for.

If his knees are okay, you guys are severely underrating him as a basketball player.
Even at age 30.

Of course he doesnt match up against the Warriors...WHO DOES? :lol:
Doesn't make him a bum.

If you guys honestly think he's a "bum" or "trash" its hard to take any of your basketball opinions serious, hes not trash.
Dude is one of the most efficient pick and roll centers in the league, and thats what we need for DLo and company.

Last edited:
Moztard is our starting center
He'll be here for awhile

Everyone chill, it's not your money that's paying him and we ain't getting to the Finals anytime soon

Let's just relax and watch the young'ns cook

Ireland on 710 said Lakers aren't trading any young players. He sounded pretty confident too lol. different tune from when they were pushing to trade Dlo before summer league started smh

Last edited:
They never were but they sparked 40 pages of useless conversation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom