|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: caping.

Work on your reading comprehension. We all said it was overpaying, just not crippling like some others claim. That ain't caping.
Everytime someone comments on the trash signing you make a comment defending it from the second the signing was announced [emoji]129300[/emoji] .. If you can't see this was a terrible signing period you're a homer ....everyone except delusional laker fans agree it was terrible

Yes, I'm a homer, you got me. I completely agree with every detail Jim and Mitch have ever done, the secrets out.......

I said overpaid, but we all knew that had to happen, same as Deng. But it's not a crippling/harmful move in the long term, especially if these two vets help teach the young guys and let their games grow naturally without impeding them. And you can't put a price on that.

Sure, they coulda signed Biyombo instead, but how does he help teach these guys? Does he at all? Did he even WANT to sign with us? :nerd: You don't know those answers, Mitch/Jim/Agents did. So relax. 3-4 years from now the money on Moz and Deng won't be ****. Same as Nick Young's contract isn't **** now. That was a bad contract when it was signed, didn't cripple us. Neither will these.

You know who else is mobile Bismack biyombo.. the same Bismack Biyombo that is getting paid a whopping 6 million more total, the same Bismack Biyombo who is 25 yrs old, the Same Bismack Biyombo who went to a situation in Orlando that isn't near contending, and has Sege Ibaka & Vuvecic on the same team... The Same Bismack Biyombo who would have probably signed with us had we not backed up the Brinks truck to sign 30 yr old Timothey Mogzov the second FA started as if signing him was do or die :smh:

Ezili got signed for a quarter of this for christ sake. This team wasn't in NEED of a center long term in the least bit. if we wanted we could have had a stop gap because we are nowhere near contending for the playoffs, but instead we sign a guy who will be washed up by the time our kids are ready to make a push & yet people wanna justify this.

Last edited:
Roy and Moz aren't similar in playing style at all tho. Moz is mobile.

A more mobile bum vs a non mobile bum. They're still both bums unless you're going to tell me a guy with career averages of 7 and 5 and been a backup player for the majority of his career is not a bum.

A bum that put up 28 and 10 in the Finals a year ago. I'm willing to give him a shot while we wait for Zubac to reach his drinking age.

Again, you're screaming for Biyombo who you didn't know existed until May. And if Biyombo said he had no interest in us, then.........? If he says he wanted us, then fine, you can be mad about that.

Yes, I'm a homer, you got me. I completely agree with every detail Jim and Mitch have ever done, the secrets out.......

I said overpaid, but we all knew that had to happen, same as Deng. But it's not a crippling/harmful move in the long term, especially if these two vets help teach the young guys and let their games grow naturally without impeding them. And you can't put a price on that.

Sure, they coulda signed Biyombo instead, but how does he help teach these guys? Does he at all? Did he even WANT to sign with us? :nerd: You don't know those answers, Mitch/Jim/Agents did. So relax. 3-4 years from now the money on Moz and Deng won't be ****. Same as Nick Young's contract isn't **** now. That was a bad contract when it was signed, didn't cripple us. Neither will these.

WHAT IN THE **** are these kids gonna learn from Mogzov, your acting like this guy is some kinda elite basketball IQ. he's average at literally everything, if we're gonna try and pass this off as a mentor move , there's literally dozens of guys who would fir that role better. Mitch Didn't KNOW ****, he assumed and signed this bum the second the clock struck.

who would have probably signed with us

:lol:

Damn Mitch, you really screwed up, we could have signed ANYBODY, "probably", if we offered them all the most money. What were you thinking Mitch? :smh:

hell i would have rather signed Donatas Motiejunas, or threw money at restricted guys like Zeller & Plumlee before straight up offering this guy 64/4. You take your chances if you lose out on Mogzov than you lose out... It's ****** timotey Mogzov, whether he's on this team or not doesn't make us much of a difference either way outside of cap space.

WHAT IN THE **** are these kids gonna learn from Mogzov, your acting like this guy is some kinda elite basketball IQ. he's average at literally everything, if we're gonna try and pass this off as a mentor move , there's literally dozens of guys who would fir that role better. Mitch Didn't KNOW ****, he assumed and signed this bum the second the clock struck.

I get it. You all are angry. I hear you. Nothin we say is gonna get thru your brains that you are basing all this off assumptions and your own hopes and dreams.

"Mitch didn't KNOW ****" Yes, he probably didn't call a single agent the whole time. You are correct. Mozgov was his very first call, right at midnight, no other legwork was done.

Biyombo "probably" would have signed here.

Mozgov "won't" be able to fit in with our young guys and help teach them anything.

Again, everyone, Mitch has always liked Moz. Luke scouted Moz in back to back Finals. Shaw coached Moz. There was plenty of input there folks.

Luke knows Ezeli better than anyone. Luke didn't pound the table for him. Think about that for a minute.....

You don't know just like I don't, you're assuming they vetted everything before hand and didn't just make a brash and silly decision. They're track record in free agency is bad, this is actually right up Mitch's alley. And as soon as Randle assuming he stays here gets that extension, that contract for Mozgov becomes an albatross assuming he keeps being what he's been his entire career and is now 32. Nobody is trading for that deal, in comparison Pau got 17 mil and he's an all star still. That deal in 2 years will look even more atrocious.

I get it. You all are angry. I hear you. Nothin we say is gonna get thru your brains that you are basing all this off assumptions and your own hopes and dreams.

"Mitch didn't KNOW ****" Yes, he probably didn't call a single agent the whole time. You are correct. Mozgov was his very first call, right at midnight, no other legwork was done.

Mozgov "won't" be able to fit in with our young guys and help teach them anything.

Again, everyone, Mitch has always liked Moz. Luke scouted Moz in back to back Finals. Shaw coached Moz. There was plenty of input there folks.

Luke knows Ezeli better than anyone. Luke didn't pound the table for him. Think about that for a minute.....

you do realize that you are also ASSUMING & hoping Mogz is gonna help the kids grow, you are also assuming that Mitch knew and scouted the market before throwing Mogz that contract. with that said there's more evidence leaning towards, Mogzov not being much of a great mentor on the basketball court or Mitch not evaluating his contract well enough.

This move was completely unnecessary, point being Mogz production on the court could be had for much cheaper and a much shorter contract, & we jumped the gun.

You don't know just like I don't, you're assuming they vetted everything before hand and didn't just make a brash and silly decision. They're track record in free agency is bad, this is actually right up Mitch's alley. And as soon as Randle assuming he stays here gets that extension, that contract for Mozgov becomes an albatross assuming he keeps being what he's been his entire career and is now 32. Nobody is trading for that deal, in comparison Pau got 17 mil and he's an all star still. That deal in 2 years will look even more atrocious.

I'm sure you're right. I am sure the GM of the Lakers made absolutely no calls before Free Agency began. Since the season has been over in mid April, I'm sure Mitch talked to nobody. I'm right there with ya......

He overpaid, I know, we all know, I've said it countless times. But he did so to make it more attractive to get him rather than him latching onto a playoff team. And he did it to fit him in better with the young guys, much moreso than Hibbert fit. And in a year or two, maybe Zubac is up to speed and Moz can play less and less, save the wear and tear, and maybe another team comes callin needing a big. If not, it's 1-2 years of sapped money, but a much brighter future already established. Which is entirely what we need to have happen. Really not all that risky a move. Overpaid a little, but didn't max him out or anything. 98 mil to Whiteside woulda had y'all celebrating and that dude could implode before the season starts. So really not sure why everyone so up in arms.

you do realize that you are also ASSUMING & hoping Mogz is gonna help the kids grow, you are also assuming that Mitch knew and scouted the market before throwing Mogz that contract. with that said there's more evidence leaning towards, Mogzov not being much of a great mentor on the basketball court or Mitch not evaluating his contract well enough.

This move was completely unnecessary, point being Mogz production on the court could be had for much cheaper and a much shorter contract, & we jumped the gun.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok man.

Look, please stop bringing reason in here, you need to just post emotionally and move on, ok?

reason for giving Mogzov a 60+ million dollar contract...... is wait for it.... wait for it......... Denver officials who traded his *** came to the finals to watch HIM, Forget it being the Finals, forget LBJ, Forget Curry, Forget Kyrie, Forget Klay........ these execs came simply to show support for the career role player they recently traded.

This is logical to you, yet paying one of the best Lakers Ever to keep interest in the franchise & play as a stop gap until we collected enough young talent was one of the most illogical moves made in recent history. A lot was explained with your logic just now.

reason for giving Mogzov a 60+ million dollar contract...... is wait for it.... wait for it......... Denver officials who traded his *** came to the finals to watch HIM, Forget it being the Finals, forget LBJ, Forget Curry, Forget Kyrie, Forget Klay........ these execs came simply to show support for the career role player they recently traded.

This is logical to you, yet paying one of the best Lakers Ever to keep interest in the franchise & play as a stop gap until we collected enough young talent was one of the most illogical moves made in recent history. A lot was explained with your logic just now.
Don't waste your time bro

Also about the contenders I'm pretty positive he wasn't a priority for them considering the other options that were available (SA-Pau, GS-still had Bogut at the time, MIA-Whiteside, etc.) So they would have had to wait ultimately to see what those guys would do before turning their attention to Mozgov should some of those guys go elsewhere. That's why the whole we had to overpay is a bit of a farce to me, the other teams who reportedly were interested were in positions to wait it out. Which is why I said we were bidding against ourselves like we have before with other players in the past. The timing of the signing Moz signing almost even moreso makes less sense than the actual deal.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was an overpay.

Just have to hope his knee is okay. He'll be good for the kids on the court if so. Who knows off the court.

Look, please stop bringing reason in here, you need to just post emotionally and move on, ok?

25 mil in just one season. At 37. After an achilles. And at the time, the idea was not to collect young talent. OUR idea in here was to collect young talent, Mitch and the Lakers were "not" looking to collect young talent. Do you see the timing there? We COULD, have been in the free agent market much heavier 2 years ago, with room for multiple max contracts, when no other teams would have had that same type of cap space. Do you see the timing there? We COULD already be up on our feet and running right now, instead we still need a couple years to truly see the young talent they went for as plan B, to materialize. Do you see the timing there?

P's point about Denver officials flying to see him play in the Finals is countering your point that he is, a well respected veteran. Hence, Mitch hoping he can do some good for these young guys.

You seem to be swimming around the points here, and choosing not to follow along, just running around angry at Mitch and assuming every FA wants us, and that a GM who's been around the block more than a few times literally does no homework with months of time to prepare. But hey, MY logic is flawed. :lol:

Well they weren't exactly prepared for the Aldridge meeting last summer were they?

Also about the contenders I'm pretty positive he wasn't a priority for them considering the other options that were available (SA-Pau, GS-still had Bogut at the time, MIA-Whiteside, etc.) So they would have had to wait ultimately to see what those guys would do before turning their attention to Mozgov should some of those guys go elsewhere. That's why the whole we had to overpay is a bit of a farce to me, the other teams who reportedly were interested were in positions to wait it out. Which is why I said we were bidding against ourselves like we have before with other players in the past. The timing of the signing Moz signing almost even moreso makes less sense than the actual deal.

Last year they were patient and waited it out, and talked with anyone and everyone, and a week later they had signed exactly ZERO players. Laker fans screamed like hell.

This year, they targeted their guys, went after them aggresively, signed two guys right away and jumped on an asset trade and got their guys. Laker fans screaming like hell.

**** :lol:

Well they weren't exactly prepared for the Aldridge meeting last summer were they?

Sure they were prepared. They sold him on everything they could think of, but not what he actually wanted. That was their mistake. And Byron Scott. :lol:

And oh by the way, without Kobe's contract, they could have landed LMA AND 1-2 other stars to come with. But hey, least he helped get us DLo and Ingram. :smokin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom