|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was convinced Ingram was an elite shooter, then this comp would be more reasonable.
Looking at his high school & college career he certainly can be.
I mean when Klay came out of Washington I don't think he was automatically labeled as an elite shooter

damnit. meanwhile phil is over in NY stacking talent. That starting 5 is looking real solid. :frown:

Rose
C Lee
Melo
Porzingis
Noah

Yeah in 2011.

Please they're offseason has been bad. They're a team trying to win, and unless Rose is infinitely better and healthy, they legitimately may be the same exact team they were last year.

Please get out of this thread you weiner.

CONEY-31278b83.jpeg

Nobody has really signed one year deals tho save for Jeff green. You're not getting either Deng or moz on 1 year deals, that's ridiculous. Mamba you are just like your mother.

She's never satisfied

Did everybody just let the whole mother thing pass?

Ppl in here love to talk out of pocket with their e-personas. It's sad really.

whats up with all the love for courtney lee in the nba thread?

you would think this ***** was kobe bryant

son is BUNS

Last edited:
This is similar to the Courtney Lee explosion that happened here the year Orlando lost to us now over 5 years later he's relevant because #knicks

damnit. meanwhile phil is over in NY stacking talent. That starting 5 is looking real solid. :frown:

Rose
C Lee
Melo
Porzingis
Noah

Yeah in 2011.

Please they're offseason has been bad. They're a team trying to win, and unless Rose is infinitely better and healthy, they legitimately may be the same exact team they were last year.

:lol: ok man

Let's look at it...

The Rose trade was fine because they were able to open up 2017 cap space by unloading Robin Lopez contract. Hell in that sense there is some genius to it because it appeared that Phil was pushing the team to future as opposed to Little John in Robin Hood Men in Tights flailing in the 2 inch deep creek

They then turn around, and use all of that extra 2017 cap space plus more for Joakim Noah.

Fine, great locker room guy. Was a great player.. But he was absolutely brutal in the 29 games he played last year... Wasn't that great the year before that either. His defense has regressed, his offense has regressed. He turns 32 during the year.

Not to mention Robin Lopez is a better player than Noah today

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...-joakim-noah-taj-gibson-chicago-bulls-injured

CHICAGO -- Joakim Noah revealed after Tuesday night's Game 5 loss against the Washington Wizards that he has been dealing with a left knee injury. The Chicago Bulls' All-Star center did not specify exactly what the injury was, or when he sustained it, but he did say he was going to have it looked at again by the team's medical staff now that the season is over.

"My knee is bothering me," Noah said. "My left knee. I'm not sure what it is, but I was able to play today. I think I was limited a little bit. But it's no excuses. I'll check it out, find out what's wrong, take care of it. Now we got a lot of time to take care of it."

Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau admitted that Noah's knee injury has been lingering for a while. He was noticeably laboring up and down the floor throughout the game and didn't have much lift when he jumped.

"His knee has bothered him for a while," Thibodeau said. "Probably the whole second half of the year. We will have it checked out and see where he is."

Here's a second article... About Joakim and his knee surgery.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2014/05/19...nderwent-surgery-to-remove-cartilage-in-knee/

Courtney Lee is a decent signing... But Courtney Lee is Aaron Afflalo with decent defense... 2 year / $25mil ... Only $1.5mil guaranteed in 2017 versus 4 year / $50mil. By the way Courtney Lee is 30... The offensive production is same results with different games... But when you have traffic cone Rose, and Noah who is still okay, but regressing on defense, Courtney Lee as your best defensive player now (Porzingis will be eventually) ends up lessening Lee's effectiveness.

Now on to Rose. Can't shoot. Has lost a step and can't stay healthy. Now is he worthwhile risk? Sure. He wasn't the best player in the trade, but hell I get taking the risk.. But the risk is after year after year of surgery.. Year after year of missing opportune development time, and having to adjust to being a step or two slower, and can't shoot.. It's a fair question to ask... What is the best you can get from Derrick Rose? It certainly isn't an MVP or All-Star.. Maybe a slightly above average PG, who can play 65 games.

On the bright side Derrick Rose is an expiring deal..... That makes it more of a worthwhile risk.

But if he's decent, let's say stays healthy and he's in the bottom third tier of Starting PGs... You bringing him back? Or you letting him go? And if you cut him loose then what the hell was the point of making that trade in the first place?

Now the team is slightly improved because Calderon was a corpse, and Lee gives you some defense.. And Hornacek is a better coach than Fisher/Rambis.. But the ceiling is .500.. That would be a 9 game improvement

Improvement? Yes..... Stacking Talent? :lol:

Also with their signing of Noah & Lee. They are no longer in line for 2 - max cap spaces... They still have about $10mil in cap space this year, and if they use it, and it goes into 2017, they don't even have 1 max cap space.

A win now team just cap themselves to a .500 team

Last edited:
Knicks stacked on players that are past their prime to put a pretty team on paper down but come on what's that team really doing in the postseason if they make it

Stop saying the Mozzy deal was done in 10 mins, they've been looking at him since the 2015 finals. Had his contract been up then he would've gotten a bigger deal than the one he got this summer. Whether it was the lakers or not. Did we forget the Cavs was plus 6 with and minus 41 without him on the floor last year in the finals? At 17 mins per game this year he basically rested and stayed in shape. This deal was packaged the first week of June.

As much as the media makes it seem like these deals go down as soon as the clock strikes midnight that's not the case :lol: ... Instead of crying about FAs not wanting to play in LA let's look at the FACTS... Fact is this franchise is rebuilding. Fact is if u are a superstar player that just played in the conference finals why would you go play for a team that's rebuilding? Fact is why would our FO spend hella money on superstars that play the same positions as guys we literally just drafted? If any major FA signings were to happen on July 1st, they would've been set in motion on draft night. We drafted, it means we're focused on rebuilding....

Hassan, guys talking about convos would've started at 22M, nah. He plays with no state tax and in a major market. His contract with us would've cost us at least 27M. It looks good on paper, but that's a lot of money to paid based on potential. Potentially he plays up to his contract, potentially he matures, potentially the knee that sat him out the rest of playoffs is ok....

Marc at 27 and leaving the Kings with the DLo, Julius, Ingram, and the rest of the guys DEVELOPED looks a whole lot better than Hassan at 27 with the roster the way it is....

Be patient young lads, see u in Vegas :pimp:

Kobe recently in Manila on his NIKE Asia tour:

Good to see he still goes out there and that the Pinoy's still love him out there.He's been making trips out there even when he had his Adidas endorsement contract.

@AlbertRandom1 Most another team can give Tyler Johnson (Heat can match):
$5,628,000 + $5,881,260 + $25,434,263 + $26,477,067 = $63,420,590
Clarkson saved the Lakers $13M.

Might've helped waiting for another team to offer him the max, but whatever.

Dying to see DLo, Ingram and The Zubat in Summer League.

Russell should be on 100 out there.

I still want to see him have a "no one can guard me game" and attack from tip to final horn.

You guys had a good offseason, no crazy deals and Rose is a low risk pickup. I'll probably watch more Knicks than Lakers games this year.

they signed a washed noah

traded for an injury prone rose

signed a jabroni in courtney lee

tryna figure how this was a good offseason for them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom