|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're better than they were before free agency that's for sure. Upgrades at the PG & SG spots for sure. And even if Noah's body isn't once what if was great locker room and energy guy. They actually improved unlike some teams.

Nah at all just won't waste my time watching a lot of games like I did last year. I've tortured myself enough watching these last 3 seasons, I'd like to actually see some good or interesting basketball being played around the league. Knicks will be intriguing at the very least just to see if it works out or becomes a train wreck.

By the way Cole Aldrich just got signed for 3 years/22 mil.

Last edited:
Nah at all just won't waste my time watching a lot of games like I did last year. I've tortured myself enough watching these last 3 seasons, I'd like to actually see some good or interesting basketball being played around the league. Knicks will be intriguing at the very least just to see if it works out or becomes a train wreck.

By the way Cole Aldrich just got signed for 3 years/22 mil.

With that attitude good luck being a Rams fan.

Some more good analysis on why getting Moz isn't the disaster everyone sees it to be. Stuff we've already covered in here, but good to see it framed with more context:

Mozgov’s contract amounts to $16.25 million per year, which may seem like a lot, but remember, the salary cap increased from $70 million to $94 million this offseason. This means that Mozgov’s new deal chews up just 17 percent of the salary cap for the Lakers this year, whereas last season it would have eaten up over 22 percent.

For comparison’s sake, the league LVP Hibbert was paid $15.9 million last season, which represented 23 percent of a team’s cap space in 2015-16. The six percent difference between Mozgov’s and Hibbert’s contract-to-cap-percentage will jump to nine percent next year when the cap rises another $20 million.

Mozgov’s salary will then only account for 14.25 percent of the Lakers’ cap room room in 2017-18. This same logic and math can be applied to the Lakers’ deal with Luol Deng for four years and $72 million.

To the question of “why was Mozgov the Lakers’ first call?” The answer is quite simple: the team spent far too much time in recent seasons courting players that had next-to-zero percent chance of coming to Los Angeles early in free agency.

Kupchak entered July 1 with an informed and educated understanding regarding what centers (again, the team’s first priority in free agency) would truly consider the Lakers and likely compiled a prioritized list at that point. Armed with that information, and rather than wasting more time on players that were not going to come anyways as in year’s past, Kupchak no doubt reached out to the center that topped said list.

Moreover, let’s be very clear: Mozgov is a better center than he showed last season when he fell out of the Cleveland Cavaliers’ rotation.

Even in a year that saw him hampered by injuries, including complications from a knee procedure, Mozgov showed his value as a rim protector. He had a field goals defended at rim percentage of 48.5 percent, per SportVU, which was a better mark than many noted rim protectors in the league, including guys like Steven Adams, Al Horford, Andre Drummond, Tyson Chandler and Dwight Howard.

Further, while nicked and playing on a roster where it was next to impossible for a player like Mozgov to get touches or shots, his per-36 numbers were not bad at all: 13 points, nine rebounds and 1.5 blocks.

While digesting all of those numbers, also recall how Steve Kerr and (new Lakers head coach) Luke Walton used Andrew Bogut (who’s a year older than Mozgov at 30) over the past couple of seasons and simply envision Mozgov in that role.

Protect the rim, grab some boards and be a presence down low on offense when the team sees an opening for it. The Russian can fill said role far better than Hibbert ever could, and much better than a lot of centers in the league as evidenced by his play when healthy.

Link: http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-...addition-timofey-mozgov-actually-makes-sense/

It's almost like in depth analysis >>>>>>>>> Hot Takes.

It's almost like this exact same **** was posted after the Hibbert trade rationalizing how great he was going to be and he turned out to be a turd. Mozgov is basically Hibbert with slightly better post moves.

When we are bringing mozgov off the bench in 2 years because he can only play 17 minutes a game and takes up 18 percent of the cap come rationalize then.

When is he going to take up 18% of the cap?

Mozgov and Hibbert are not comparable. Moz can actually be utilized in a similar manner to Bogut in Luke's system and he doesn't suffer from "falling down near the rim on every possession" syndrome.

Are these contracts actually crippling? I haven't seen anything to suggest that. We only need 1 max FA anyway. In 2 years the kids will be flourishing and we'll have a legit 5. Deng and mozzy will either be dealt or collecting checks on the bench and I personally won't give a damn

If they do that nobody to blame but themselves obviously. I'm here for it though.

**** NO to a trade. Why trade for an upcoming free agent. If he wanted to come to the point where he would resign, I guess, but if he was that in love with coming to LA he'd sign next summer so we wouldn't have to give up assets.

**** NO to a trade. Why trade for an upcoming free agent. If he wanted to come to the point where he would resign, I guess, but if he was that in love with coming to LA he'd sign next summer so we wouldn't have to give up assets.

You would trade for his Bird rights to have the edge on keeping him.

i know that but I still wouldn't give up Dlo or Ingram to get his bird rights. I'd rather just try and sign him straight Up

Why would he stay if the players we need to play next to him would be traded for him? **** that.

That's Melo deal 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom