|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
91-92 Lakers, lost Magic, lost in the first round, didn't get that great of a pick (Anthony Peeler)
92-93 Lakers, below .500 record, lost in the first round, and got George Lynch and Nick Van Exel.
93-94 Lakers, below .500, no playoffs, and got Eddie Jones, and signed Cedric Ceballos.

94-95 we showed growth. And Shaq signed the next year. Now, that's an outlier, there's no Shaq coming, but the team had to reboot. In a completely different era with Salary Cap and what not.

We've cleared out all our old junk. We have cap galore, we dont' HAVE to sign anyone, we can absorb pieces too. And while doin that, we've stacked quite a number of talented assets to boot.

Guys, please, relax.

91-92 Lakers, lost Magic, lost in the first round, didn't get that great of a pick (Anthony Peeler)
92-93 Lakers, below .500 record, lost in the first round, and got George Lynch and Nick Van Exel.
93-94 Lakers, below .500, no playoffs, and got Eddie Jones, and signed Cedric Ceballos.

94-95 we showed growth. And Shaq signed the next year. Now, that's an outlier, there's no Shaq coming, but the team had to reboot. In a completely different era with Salary Cap and what not.

We've cleared out all our old junk. We have cap galore, we dont' HAVE to sign anyone, we can absorb pieces too. And while doin that, we've stacked quite a number of talented assets to boot.

Guys, please, relax.
What happens when they spend $60M on the likes of Chandler Parsons, Derrick Williams, and Evan Turner with no cap space for 2017?  That is my concern.  If we are going to strike out on big free agents I hope we don't waste money on players who don't move the needle.

The god damn ghost of kobe is still scaring away free agents.  His *** needs to go.

There's no point in getting upset over something that not a single one of us has any control over. We all know what needs to be done as far as a front office overhaul goes but it hasn't happened....not yet at least. So stop crying and complaining over one guy and let's see how this free agency period goes.

I'm cool.

*Activate Clown Take*

If he could just be the stats on a sheet of paper, I'd want Whiteside.

Him around the youngins would do more damage then good. This is a blessing. Honestly.

Another Hassan will always be available imo

Is be cool with Evan and Derrick for the right number. Young vets that know the L and are professional.

Solid single over the 1st base bag :lol:

Last edited:

Guys, please, relax.

What happens when they spend $60M on the likes of Chandler Parsons, Derrick Williams, and Evan Turner with no cap space for 2017?  That is my concern.  If we are going to strike out on big free agents I hope we don't waste money on players who don't move the needle.

The god damn ghost of kobe is still scaring away free agents.  His *** needs to go.

You're jumping to conclusions. They aren't spending 60 mil on those 3. :lol:

Will they buy up a FA or two? Sure, course they will. But they aren't maxing out every bum in the market. What if they spent 20 million on Turner/Williams? It ain't sexy, but it doesn't sink the Titanic either.

Same if we take Kanter off OKC's hands so they can sign Horford. Gives us another young body to build with/deal later.

It's not JUST about signing Whiteside or Durant, or whoever, other moves can be made. Just have to be smart about them. There's no need to panic.

Guys, please, relax.
This is exactly what Mitch and Jim are pitching to the FA
mean.gif

Tell ya what, if we pry Enes Kanter from OKC so they can appease Durant with Horford, and we sign Harrison Barnes, that's 2 24 year olds joining our young core.

Keep Black and Huertas.

Kanter/#32/Black
Randle/Nance
Barnes/Ingram
Clarkson/Lou
DLo/Huertas

With Lou and Huertas as guys we don't need longterm and could sell at some point. I wouldn't be angry at this at all. If you hate the idea of Barnes, swap him out for Chandler Parsons. He's a little older, less durable, but maybe a better one single talent in his shooting ability than Barnes overall averageness.

The Lakers are coming off a 17 win season. This is the negative part of being bad/subtly tanking. Prominent free agents are not going to a team that just won 17 games. 

The team has been rebuilding for 3 years. That's absolutely nothing in sports. Luke just needs to show his coaching chops and the young guys need to show their talent level in the next year or two to get people to be interested. I honestly believe we are in a great position. It's just going to take some time. 

I don't get the outrage?

Oh and edit: That's why I found the hate for Derozan to be hilarious. In this market where almost every team has a max contract Derozan is clearly worth it and he's a player that will help you improve to attract more people in the future. He's clearly a top 5 free agent in this class. 

I still don't want him :lol: , but a lot of the hate is from pure ignorance about the new financial climate and overestimating how quickly a 17 win team can become appealing.  

Best post in a while. Dudes calling for Mitch's head are wild. Every team in the league has cap space, but you don't see fans of other franchises clamoring for their Front Office to get fired if they don't sign somebody. Next year is the year to win 30 games and demonstrate that our rebuild is over + we're ready to contend for a championship again.

If we sign Evan Turner Ima shoot somebody. One of my top 3 hated players in the league.

I'd love to go after Soloman Hill or Terrance Jones, but we really don't have minutes at the 4 to give out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom