|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did he give up 36? You know the team as a whole sucks right? You're expecting to win games?

Just really bizarre for you to call out clarkson and randle when they've been playing their best ball of the year. Like watching kobe score 81 and saying man...I don't know about this dude. Shoulda kept shaq.

But of course you're entitled to your opinion and don't have to try to prove anything to me
Talk about a stretch armstrong reach...

[QUOTE name="LiCeNseD To BaLL"]
Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL
[QUOTE name="Mamba MVP"]
Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

We need all defensive players this summer, my gawd.
Nah, according to some this is some lights out basketball our young guns are playing.

Defense ain't needed, just look at the scoring stats of this past month.:pimp: [/QUOTE]
See, why do this, man? :lol:  

"We have different definitions of on fire" = "Let's agree to disagree" = good

But this? Petty, instigating, and you know it. :lol:
[/quote]

Agreed. It's over, just let it go.

If Anthony 3&D Brown hits the weight room, and improves his game over the summer, does he have a solid chance of playing good minutes for us?

P, CP?

We need his skill set so badly. I just wonder if he can be what we need him to be at this level.

Skillset, yes. Coach, no.

He should absolutely be getting minutes over Nick Young.

Same as Black sitting while Bass/Hibbert play post deadline.

That 18 points a night of "fuego" basketball ain't winnin games though.

It don't mean **** to score 18 when you give up 36 on the other end.

Our definitions of "lights out basketball" clearly differ.

When did he give up 36? You know the team as a whole sucks right? You're expecting to win games?

Just really bizarre for you to call out clarkson and randle when they've been playing their best ball of the year. Like watching kobe score 81 and saying man...I don't know about this dude. Shoulda kept shaq.

But of course you're entitled to your opinion and don't have to try to prove anything to me

The point is, no one is playing lights out when you're losing games. Scoring 18 a night on a horrific basketball team, and not playing any defense, is not LIGHTS OUT FUEGO basketball.

Why can't you comprehend that dude?

He has been scoring very well lately. But that effort on the defensive end is abysmal. He doesn't need a great team to give better effort in man on man defense. He's a matador on the court most nights just watching his opponent constantly blow by him.

Last edited:
[QUOTE name="LiCeNseD To BaLL"]
[QUOTE name="Mamba MVP"]
Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

We need all defensive players this summer, my gawd.
Nah, according to some this is some lights out basketball our young guns are playing.

Defense ain't needed, just look at the scoring stats of this past month.:pimp:
See, why do this, man? :lol:  

"We have different definitions of on fire" = "Let's agree to disagree" = good

But this? Petty, instigating, and you know it. :lol:
[/quote]

Agreed. It's over, just let it go.[/quote]

My fault fellas. I'll keep the discussion on basketball and stop the sassy remarks.

Calm down scrappy. Aint nobody threatening you. It's just basketball talk.

I'm just the kind of fan that understands he's a 2nd year player and his game is a work in progress. Maybe you should check the numbers of other 2nd year players to get a better set of expectations.

In the meantime jc has been leading a minor comeback. Enjoy the game.

Last edited:
As for trading Randle... That's a bad move..

I wouldn't trade any one of them right now.

It's step forward then step back type moves that plague franchises.

Espeically when Randle isn't enough to get you a good return. Remember Love was Wiggins, Thad Young & Anthony Bennett... If Thad isn't included as part of a 3 team, had to because of salary mix, a 1st Round goes to Minnesota as well. And yeah Anthony Bennett sucks, but he was also a Lottery Pick who had a **** year, taking a chance on that is still some kind of value.

So Randle alone, isn't enough to get you a worthwhile return... You likely end up trading Randle & Clarkson... And it being for Ben Simmons to work, nah that's not worth it at the time. Maybe you regret passing in the future, but at the time, nah it's a move forward, move back decision.

You do what you can to make Ben Simmons work if he's the pick

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CP1708

Then he hits a 3.
laugh.gif
Broken clock.

Blind squirrel.

Nick Young.

Nick Young 17 minutes 0 pts, 0 assists, 1 rebound, 0 steals, 0 blocks.

That 1 rebound was crucial in our comeback though. He set the tone by manning up, boxing out, and not acting soft in the post. That veteran leadership grabbing that rebojnd is what the Laker way has been all about. Much more important than scoring, assisting, or defending.

We just need him to man up and he came through :pimp:

Originally Posted by CP1708

Nick Young 17 minutes 0 pts, 0 assists, 1 rebound, 0 steals, 0 blocks.
That 1 rebound was crucial in our comeback though. He set the tone by manning up, boxing out, and not acting soft in the post. That veteran leadership grabbing that rebojnd is what the Laker way has been all about. Much more important than scoring, assisting, or defending.

We just need him to man up and he came through
pimp.gif
That sounded like a perfect Byron Scott postgame interview if we were to win this game and he were asked about NY. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
All in all, a pretty good game.

Russell, Randle and Clarkson all played well and Kobe had his moments.

Clarkson with 20 9 and 4. That's 3 straight games of 20+ points and 4 out of the last 5. Showing growth as a scorer. Also 7 6 and 4 assists since byron told him to be a better passer, all above his season average.

Randle with 22 and 12 on 52%. Another double double. Continuing to hit that midrange jimmer and finish in the paint. Encouraging signs from young 1st and 2nd year players. The type of stuff you look for as a player's game rounds into shape. Making strides.

Last edited:
Yea Clarkson good money in my back he has been playing his best ball this past month. Very efficient and starting to affect the game in different ways as far as asst and rebounds are concerned

Defensively he is straight basura I don't get why he is so bad on man defense with his athletism. That lets me no he wasn't taught well in college. And Byron sure isn't helping. Hopefully someone like Luke or Thibs can come in and teach him the correct defensive principles. If that happens Clarkson goes from a career 6th man to a starting shooting guard. But we a looooong way away from that.

But make no mistake Clarkson is the goods. And I can't single him out on defense when our whole squad are Matadors. But Clarkson should be the 1st in line for defensive drills everyday lol

Russel & Randle just needs to keep up with what they are doing :smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom