|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"with the jumpshot" 

pimp.gif

Chuck Swirsky, Raptors radio/TV play-by-play announcer, 1998-2008; current Chicago Bulls radio play-by-play announcer: It was a very pedestrian Sunday night at Staples Center. Every time you go to Staples Center for a Lakers game, you see celebrities, but there were no A-listers. Jack wasn't there. Dyan Cannon wasn't there. Heather Locklear wasn't there. I mean, no one was there. I think Andy **** was there.

kiugiulgiulgguoygulgugf

The past 11 drafts, the #2 worst record has moved back 10 times... 7 times it has been to 4th or 5th

It happened 4 times in a row mid-late 2000s where #2 ended up 4th or 5th.

2005-2006 was the last time, the # 2 record has stayed the same. Can't tell you when it's been # 1.

The odds for the # 2 team to be 4th or 5th again is 19.53% (using the same premise of % x % i.e. a coin being flipped heads 2 times in a row is 25%), virtually the same as the 19.9% odds of getting # 1.

Last edited:
The odds for #2 to drop to 4 or 5 is 20%?

So we have an 80% chance of keeping the pick?

No the odds of dropping to 4th or 5th is still 44.2%.

But if you wanted to see what's the odds of it happening two years in a row, it's 19.5%.

But really it's 44.2% because last year's odds mean nothing to this year's.

Last edited:
:lol: :lol:

% * + / # $ % * = - * + / %

We aren't getting jumped by two teams. Put your calculators away. Stay in 2nd, at worst we'll get the 3rd pick, which is perfectly fine.

Relax.

So which is it................... Is it not going to happen because it rarely happens (which is false, it has happened more times than not in the past 11 drafts) or is it not going to happen because faith...

And I'm not so sure it's going to be 2 teams that need to jump us. Neither should you be.

Last edited:
So which is it................... Is it not going to happen because it rarely happens (which is false, it has happened more times than not in the past 11 drafts) or is it not going to happen because faith...

And I'm not so sure it's going to be 2 teams that need to jump us. Neither should you be.

I'm sure.

If you think Mitch/Buss/Jeanie/Byron, etc are sitting there thinking it wouldn't be an ENORMOUS waste to start the year 3-22 or whatever it was, be safely and securely in the #2 spot all damn year, and then make a full court press to bump their dumb ***** into the 4th slot, just cuz, that's flat out crazy.

Philly 6
LA 9
Brook 11
Minny/Suns 13
Pelicans 14

Falling past Brooklyn, I get. Couple games. Theyd have to BUST *** to get 5 games over the top of two teams. :lol:

SA
At Port (back to back)
Dallas
Bulls
At Clips (back to back)

There's 5 more easy losses.

Charlotte
Minny (could be important)
At NO
At SA
At Indy
At Clev
San Antonio
At Bulls
At Bucks (back to back)

1, maybe 2 wins, if that.

At Memphis
Memphis

To close out February. Let's say, 3 wins in these 16 games. And that's me being generous. 2-14 would be splendid.

At this point, you think they are going to try and win games, still? KNOWING they have a realistic chance to get every single pick back from their Nash trade that failed? I mean, if we really think Mitch would push for that, aren't we already screwed anyways? Cuz that's just dumb.

March is

Brooklyn (very key, I would hope we don't try to help the Celtics and hang outselves.........)
At Denver (back to back)
Atl
GS
Orld
Clev
NYK
Sac
Suns
Memphis
At Suns (back to back)
Denver
Wash
At Utah (back to back)
Miami

15 games, 3 back to backs, couple 3 in 4 nights, and the key Brook don't help the Celtics game. 3, maybe 4 wins, if we stretch it. That's 15, maybe, by end of March. Meaning you need 3 teams to go winless for 2 months, just for us to pass them. :lol: If they squeak out 1-2 more wins, we'd still trail them.

April will be easy.

Celts
At Clips
Clips (back to back)
At NO
At Hou
At OKC (back to back)
Utah

0-7, maybe they steal a W. (or even borrow from up above)

You're lookin at 16 wins, IF the team stays healthy as it has to this point, IF they don't sell anyone (which I hope they do)

If they do face those things, an injury or two, a trade here or there, they could come back to 14ish wins.

They really gonna push to get to 18 wins? Or try real hard for 19? They gonna win NINE games thru over half a damn year, and then try to top that with a whole 10 win second half? :lol:

They're on pace for 16-17 wins. Knowing they have a shot to just lay down, and re-collect this valuable asset, to join their huge cap space.

Add another crown jewel, or just give it away to the 76ers, all in the name of 2-3 extra wins in a 17-18-19 win season?

If our front office thinks those extra 2-3 wins are that important, we're dead anyways.

So I'm leanin logic. Mitch and crew understand the season is dead, understand that a potential stud SF is sitting there waiting for them even if they don't get the #1 pick, and understand giving away the pick for absolutely nothing is a bad idea.

If you're worried about sales pitches, saying we won 19 games, or saying we won 15 games and got Brandon Ingram is kind of an easy call, no? You think someone really hyped over those 4 extra wins? :lol: They may not know who Ingram is, but they'd certainly understand another #2 pick is coming to join the rest of the kids, 3-4 extra wins be damned.

This is us, as OKC, trying to get Harden after already having Durant, Russ, and Ibaka. We don't have the ceilings those guys did, but we also have extra pieces in house like Nance and Brown, and then the whole 60 million on top of that to focus on. OKC didn't do a damn thing after they got Harden except wait for them to grow. We can let our kids grow, AND supplement around them. Hopefully that's the difference that gets us over the edge where OKC failed.

But first, gotta get the Harden. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom