|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please just let me get Brandon Ingram with this core. Please.

I 100% expect to lose the pick...

But if we did get # 1, I'd probably take Ingram. Need more time to think on it, but that would be the way I lean today.

Too many things that don't gel with any of the young core we have. I also think Ingram will have as good of a career as Simmons. Also think Ingram is as NBA ready in different ways

Not saying I would be disappointed with Simmons at all. Just find Ingram the more interesting player with the team we want to build.

It gives me the same feeling of the Wiggins/Parker, Towns/Okafor dynamics over the past couple of seasons.

Last edited:
No just no

If Ingram continues to play as well as he has, you'll see it come April & May when mock drafts have a bit more direction.

I'm telling you, Simmons lack of shooting outside of the paint, forget about the perimeter is going to put Ingram much much closer than you are willing to fathom currently.

Same reason why Okafor's deficiencies and Parker's deficiencies changed how the draft significantly.

Again this is all if's for something months away.

Shooting can be developed, just look at Blake Griffin. No chance in hell we actually get the number 1 pick and pass on Simmons. Fit be damned.

Anyway, Ford & Pelton's list of Top 10 Sophomores based on potential.

Ford:
1. Wiggins
2. Parker
3. LaVine
4. Exum
5. Capela
6. Smart
7. Payton
8. Noel
9. Gordon
10. Mirotic

Pelton:
1. Wiggins
2. Capela
3. LaVine
4. Payton
5. Smart
6. Nurkic
7. Gordon
8. Noel
9. Mirotic
10. Parker

Ford:
1. Wiggins
2. Parker
3. LaVine
4. Exum
5. Capela
6. Smart
7. Payton
8. Noel
9. Gordon
10. Mirotic

Pelton:
1. Wiggins
2. Capela
3. LaVine
4. Payton
5. Smart
6. Nurkic
7. Gordon
8. Noel
9. Mirotic
10. Parker

Are they not counting Randle since he missed the entire year pretty much

Okafor v. Russell

What you're suggesting is Towns v Russell not Jah.

Nope it's Okafor v. Russell..

There was no chance in hell that the LOS ANGELES LAKERS, and their history of big men take a guard over a center. Hell I even believed that. Thought you gotta take the center, and so far, the Lakers were right.

Also shooting can be developed, that's true..

But you mean to tell me that you think that a guy who is a point forward, who not only can't shoot away from the rim, and won't shoot from the perimeter isn't at least somewhat concerning? Not even a little bit?

Or that he doesn't even bother to play defense at times.

I'll point you again to Jahlil Okafor who very few believed he wouldn't be the # 1 pick at the beginning of last college bball season.

Last edited:

Ford:
1. Wiggins
2. Parker
3. LaVine
4. Exum
5. Capela
6. Smart
7. Payton
8. Noel
9. Gordon
10. Mirotic

Pelton:
1. Wiggins
2. Capela
3. LaVine
4. Payton
5. Smart
6. Nurkic
7. Gordon
8. Noel
9. Mirotic
10. Parker

From what Andrew Ungarvi said to me,

@DrewUnga
I doubt it because Pelton mentioned his name along with others he excluded. RT @EssentialShow @DrewUnga Is it possible they werent considering Randle a Sophomore because he missed 99% of the season? Also thanks for posting the lists!

Last edited:
Nope it's Okafor v. Russell..

There was no chance in hell that the LOS ANGELES LAKERS, and their history of big men take a guard over a center. Hell I even believed that. Thought you gotta take the center, and so far, the Lakers were right.

Also shooting can be developed, that's true..

But you mean to tell me that you think that a guy who is a point forward, who not only can't shoot away from the rim, and won't shoot from the perimeter isn't at least somewhat concerning? Not even a little bit?

Or that he doesn't even bother to play defense at times.

I'll point you again to Jahlil Okafor who very few believed he wouldn't be the # 1 pick at the beginning of last college bball season.

Traditionally Lakers have drafted the guard and traded for the big man but that's not the issue. Regardless of what was thought of Jah, Towns, or Russell to start the season by the mid point and end it was clear KAT was number 1.

It's not a concern to me at all, he's elite at finishing, playmaking, has really good quickness for his size the only thing that's lacking is a jumper which can be developed.

If we stay at number 2 fine, take Ingram, but if fortune smiles down and we get number 1, take the best Simmons and figure out the rest later.

Last edited:

Ford:
1. Wiggins
2. Parker
3. LaVine
4. Exum
5. Capela
6. Smart
7. Payton
8. Noel
9. Gordon
10. Mirotic

Pelton:
1. Wiggins
2. Capela
3. LaVine
4. Payton
5. Smart
6. Nurkic
7. Gordon
8. Noel
9. Mirotic
10. Parker

How does Randle not even make their list???

I really hope Rusell stays and builds himself in LA...the team is his for the taking

Ford:
1. Wiggins
2. Parker
3. LaVine
4. Exum
5. Capela
6. Smart
7. Payton
8. Noel
9. Gordon
10. Mirotic

Pelton:
1. Wiggins
2. Capela
3. LaVine
4. Payton
5. Smart
6. Nurkic
7. Gordon
8. Noel
9. Mirotic
10. Parker

From what Andrew Ungarvi said to me,

@DrewUnga
I doubt it because Pelton mentioned his name along with others he excluded. RT @EssentialShow @DrewUnga Is it possible they werent considering Randle a Sophomore because he missed 99% of the season? Also thanks for posting the lists!
@kpelton Many Lakers fans noticed Jordan Clarkson and Julius Randle did not make our top 10s. Randle was my last cut and in that murky group 2-11.
@kpelton I assumed Clarkson would be top 10 going in. But he's rated around replacement level this season, and at 23 is much older than lottery PGs.

I really hope Rusell stays and builds himself in LA...the team is his for the taking

H's not going anywhere for the next 4 to 5 years.

Byron though is the problem and needs to go.

Out of the 3 young guys on the team right now.I'm willing to trade Randle and Clarkson right now if it meant we got KD, Anthony Davis or even Boogie.

Randle has not impressed me at all this year.Clarkson is a good player but will NEVER be a super star franchise player to build around.He's just another Eddie Jones type player. Good player who made a couple allstar teams in his career.

D'Lo, Ben Simmons and get a superstar to build around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom