|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nance was looking good out there tonight

Jim and Mitch are good at finding talent.

I remember people at the draft were surprised he went first round but I love what he brings... I can see him being a great role player in the future.

His midrange was looking good and if he develops a 3 ball he's gonna be Rick fox 2.0

Nance was looking good out there tonight

Jim and Mitch are good at finding talent.

I remember people at the draft were surprised he went first round but I love what he brings... I can see him being a great role player in the future.

His midrange was looking good and if he develops a 3 ball he's gonna be Rick fox 2.0

More like Robert Horry
Came into the league with above average athletiscm then developed the outside game and craftiness on defense, but let's not get ahead of ourselves

Everyone was surprised by his selection in the first round

Last edited:
I just need Nance to be a new age Rick Fox. Smart, hustles, mouth shut, defends, boards, hit a few open shots, he could be a nice piece.

Never an All Star or anything like that, just a solid role guy.

Been saying it for a month.

If you were to a redraft based on production thus far he'd be 3. If you went by fit. He goes 2 still.

But the fact that Ford is still going with Mudiay is hilarious to me. His turnovers have gone down slightly from averaging 5+ a game, but still turns it over a lot. Which is understandable as a rookie. Why I think it's ridiculous to even consider Mudiay over Russell anymore is there is not a single place that Mudiay can score, last time I checked a few weeks ago even at the hoops he wasn't doing well.

There's absolutely no way Byron can last long into the offseason. No way at all.

its so hard to try to understand Jimmy and Mitch's thought process. We also thought there's no way they can hire MDA over Phil, or the Mike Brown hire outta nowhere, or hiring Byron after multiple interviews, or interviewing retreads like Mike Dunleavy

I seriously can envision a scenario where Kobe retires and Byron is brought back to "give him a fair shake since he's family". It's pathetic and sad but I'm not putting a scenario like this past Buss based on track record.

There's absolutely no way Byron can last long into the offseason. No way at all.

its so hard to try to understand Jimmy and Mitch's thought process. We also thought there's no way they can hire MDA over Phil, or the Mike Brown hire outta nowhere, or hiring Byron after multiple interviews, or interviewing retreads like Mike Dunleavy

I seriously can envision a scenario where Kobe retires and Byron is brought back to "give him a fair shake since he's family". It's pathetic and sad but I'm not putting a scenario like this past Buss based on track record.

Again. They had a voice in the coaching search. But they were not the guy to choose MDA. That was Dr. Buss

Also Jim was the one to start the conversation with Phil at the time.

Mike Brown wasn't out of nowhere. It was him or Shaw. They thought it wasn't smart to continue with the same system taught by an inexperienced coach. When that same system wasn't getting it done anymore with a HOF coach and that roster. Brown was the right choice over Shaw.

Byron on the other hand was a horrible choice. Unfortunately they got pushed into it by all the people complaining about the Laker way. From Magic all the way down to radio people, some beat writers and fans. Should have never caved to that pressure and in that sense they are idiots. But that's how that happened.

Last edited:
Yea but there's no way after this season you bring him back. Just none. There is no way J & M can be such great talent evaluators but are completely inept at finding the leader/coach of the talent they chose. Prob cuz they are inept leaders themselves...all they are is talent evaluators. That's what separates people like Dr. Buss and Jim & Jeanie.

Been saying it for a month.

If you were to a redraft based on production thus far he'd be 3. If you went by fit. He goes 2 still.

But the fact that Ford is still going with Mudiay is hilarious to me. His turnovers have gone down slightly from averaging 5+ a game, but still turns it over a lot. Which is understandable as a rookie. Why I think it's ridiculous to even consider Mudiay over Russell anymore is there is not a single place that Mudiay can score, last time I checked a few weeks ago even at the hoops he wasn't doing well.
Ford just loves to say 

"mmmmuuuuuddddddiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

Mike Brown wasn't out of nowhere. It was him or Shaw. They thought it wasn't smart to continue with the same system taught by an inexperienced coach. When that same system wasn't getting it done anymore with a HOF coach and that roster. Brown was the right choice over Shaw.

but the fact that they actually considered Brown a capable coach after a disastrous offense in Cleveland where they just gave the ball to Lebron and let him do as he pleased in isolation and burned him out, which led to team like Boston and Orlando beating them each year they had the best record in the league, was a red flag.

Like why did it have to be between Brown and Shaw? Why not any others, why not think outside the box a little more. It just reeked of "Brown coached a superstar like lebron so he'll do good with Kobe". A simpleton approach to a coaching hire.

Mistake after mistake scares me that we'll retain Byron.

Last edited:
Byron Scott will resign, at the end of the year, it will be the a gentelmen's agreement.

Scott resigns and he gets his job at TWC Sports and talks about his last season coaching Kobe, it could be Doug Collins like with Jordan.

Lakers hire hopefully Thibbs, who is experienced and could bring that defensive toughness we so sorely need.

Lakers get a top 3 pick.

Lakers win Championship.

I just made a bet with a friend that the Lakers will win a championship before Lebron, I got good odds, I hope it pans out.

I'm all for Thibs I guess, I'm just scared of his practices, rotations, & lack of offensive imagination. I saw what the Bulls wasted away to and I'm not a big fan of that.
But he's proven to be a great coach that gets the best out of his players. If only we could bring him on with Dantoni being his associate head coach like the 6ers are doing. That would be a perfect scenario.

Or hire Luke and have him do the same thing Kerr did when he came on to coach the Warriors and hire an all star assistant coaching staff to help with the transition.

I'm more on the side of option B.

I wasn't a fan of the Mike Brown hire then or now, but I can see why they did it. Especially considering the other candidates. His offense was pretty unimaginative in Cleveland but I don't remember him getting labeled a disaster at the time.

Last edited:
but the fact that they actually considered Brown a capable coach after a disastrous offense in Cleveland where they just gave the ball to Lebron and let him do as he pleased in isolation and burned him out, which led to team like Boston and Orlando beating them each year they had the best record in the league, was a red flag.

Like why did it have to be between Brown and Shaw? Why not any others, why not think outside the box a little more. It just reeked of "Brown coached a superstar like lebron so he'll do good with Kobe". A simpleton approach to a coaching hire.

Mistake after mistake scares me that we'll retain Byron.
Scott didn't coach Lebron.

Edit: Nvm just made a mistake

Last edited:
Yea but there's no way after this season you bring him back. Just none. There is no way J & M can be such great talent evaluators but are completely inept at finding the leader/coach of the talent they chose. Prob cuz they are inept leaders themselves...all they are is talent evaluators. That's what separates people like Dr. Buss and Jim & Jeanie.

I wouldn't say mitch is a bad leader. Ever since his state of the union address kobe has played much better, taken a step back and russ has gotten slightly more pt. He talked about byron's decisions, kobe being washed, the whole enchilada. That was right before the game vs minny where kobe voluntarily sat out and told byron to let the kids run. He's spoken out a couple times since then and as a fan it's good to see he has the same concerns that I do. Compare that to a sam hinkie who flat out refuses to show his face unless he absolutely has to
Mitch is a big part in keeping this franchise together. If it comes down to it I wouldn't mind seeing mitch take jim's place and someone like Ryan west hold down the gm spot.

Last edited:
I'm still not convinced on Whiteside, but it would be difficult to pass on his talent.

Edit:

In any case, whether it be the draft, free agency or trades the team will need a starting center, starting small forward and backup guard (assuming Lou Williams gets dealt at the deadline, hopefully).

Last edited:
Byron now running Bass with Hibbert for a few minutes. Taking even more minutes from Randle.

Now you know why blaming Russell for his aggressiveness in the early going was wrong.

View media item 1846260
View media item 1846261
View media item 1846262
Theoretically we could offer Whiteside and KD or even Bron and KD but i think they'll both sign 1 year deals and cash in when the cap jumps even more the following summer.

If we get creative, you could maybe manage to snag Horford, Batum, and Whiteside. (provided we move Young, or Lou, or Bass, etc) Maybe one of them takes a little less than Max.

DLO
Clarkson/Brown
Ingram/Batum
Randle/Horford/Nance
Whiteside/Black

Clarkson and DLo can operate at the 1-2
Horford can play PF or C quasi like Pau used to

Maybe keep Huertas, Iono.....Maybe Hibbert wants to stay, not sure, maybe he can be fallback if Whiteside don't want in.

Then develop the hell out of the kids, while letting the vets carry them thru stretches. And if someone comes along with a Pau type offer, we have the parts to make a deal.

(All this provided KD doesn't want us, otherwise he's first choice of course.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom