|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Better question for thread though.. Got baseline tickets in Boston for Celtics v Lakers (rocking a Kobe Lower Merion jersey) best chance at getting the Mambas signature? Anyone?

Kobe doesn't usually warm up until the teams run out 15 mins prior. A few guys shoot around before that team run out and have signed in the past. This is based off years ago when I would get mark madsens sig at staples haha

Fans are let in an hour before tip off I'm pretty sure at the garden, so maybe if he's warming up there's a chance. So I would get there around 615 and sprint to that area.

Anyone got any info on the shirts they wore on the bench last night? Been searching nba store, lakers store, Google etc nothing coming up only the jerseys, or the shirt for another team. I need one in my life. Thanks.

These? They're on eastbay and most likely NBA store and fanatics

View media item 1844437

Nah I'm looking for this
View media item 1844452But the lakers version. Feels like they don't have every item for every team that played yesterday available. Hopefully it'll get on soon. Thanks anyway man.

On topic, re: Luke hell no. He's getting everyone's hopes up right now to get that big $$$ coach deal and then proceed to be mediocre.

Luke was raised by one of the best players ever
Coached by one of the best basketball minds ever
Served under a great coach and apart of a great organization

I don't see why he wouldn't be a decent coach.

I would prefer him over Thibs... Hell maybe he would agree to be his assistant :lol:

I anticipate Byron will get axed promptly at the end of the season... I'd be shocked if Luke doesn't get an interview for the position if he's interested in being a head coach

Last edited:
Luke has learned under Bill Walton/John Wooden teachings

Lute Olsen

Phil Jackson

Not to mention working with Kobe/Shaq/Pau and coaching Steph etc.

Helluva resume. But certainly not a guarantee.

Better question for thread though.. Got baseline tickets in Boston for Celtics v Lakers (rocking a Kobe Lower Merion jersey) best chance at getting the Mambas signature? Anyone?

He warmed up like 7 minutes before they played OKC on Tuesday so it's unlikely. You need to find the cutest kid and pay him to hold your jersey for Kobe. Athletes don't really care about us grown folks in a game setting.

Luke was raised by one of the best players ever
Coached by one of the best basketball minds ever
Served under a great coach and apart of a great organization

I don't see why he wouldn't be a decent coach.

Exactly. No reason whatsoever to think he wouldn't be a decent coach other than it's too good to be true. He's got more chops than kerr who was nothing but a corny announcer, failed gm and self proclaimed moron. It's like looking at lebron coming out of high school and saying he'll never be a decent player. Sure it's a possibility, but cmon.

He was associate head coach which is a step above the typical assistant title. Got to coordinate the team defense and player development.

I have some faith in Luke's coaching career but his ability is still relatively unknown. Kerr is pretty hands on with the team from what I've read.

Also Kerr really provided some great insights with his commentary and podcast appearances. It was easy to imagine him being a solid coach.

Last edited:
Luke has learned under Bill Walton/John Wooden teachings

Lute Olsen

Phil Jackson

Not to mention working with Kobe/Shaq/Pau and coaching Steph etc.

Helluva resume. But certainly not a guarantee.
Exactly. No reason whatsoever to think he wouldn't be a decent coach other than it's too good to be true. He's got more chops than kerr who was nothing but a corny announcer, failed gm and self proclaimed moron. It's like looking at lebron coming out of high school and saying he'll never be a decent player. Sure it's a possibility, but cmon.
If we're gonna give credit to Luke for consistently being in great company, we gotta do the same for Kerr. Olson, Phil/Tex, MJ/Scottie. I don't see how he's a moron, he was a very good commentator to me
I have some faith in Luke's coaching career but his ability is still relatively unknown. Kerr is pretty hands on with the team from what I've read.

Also Kerr really provided some great insights with his commentary and podcast appearances. It was easy to imagine him being a solid coach.
I agree everything.  At this point though, as much as I thought it was a joke initially, Luke is as good as you're gonna get right now. He's a young guy who can relate to the LA lifestyle and knows how to at least maintain an uptempo style offense also with an emphasis on defense. I have to imagine his phone will be ringing off the hook this summer to take a head coaching gig

For Godsake, you guys really want to be the next Cleveland Cavs by re-hiring D'anPhony? Try something new not a guy who will have you giving up more points than you score

I mean some of it is clearly getting the best roster in the league... But they're 28-1.

If they were 18-11 or 19-10 that's still very good. And nobody would be jumping off the ledge. People would say well they don't have their head coach. But 28-1 is much more than him being carried simply by a great roster. That requires some aptitude of coaching.

So if they were 18-11 give a couple of wins, then I could say that nah it's a mirage, he's not a good coach, he just has a great roster.. But 28-1?!?!? There's something there. Not saying he's Pop or Phil.. But he's at least better than a good amount of NBA coaches.

Last edited:
Allowing 59 points to the Grizzlies on their second night of a back to back. I'm not surprised.

qtU8Awy.jpg

@Mike_Bresnahan Kobe's knee has bothered him the last day or two, Byron said. Didn't seem serious but obviously not desirable for Kobe.
Yet Kobe played the entire first quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom