|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere a loooooong time ago that the stress of winning was why Jerry left. Like, he would have to leave Staples and would listen to games in his car because he couldn't handle watching it in person anymore.

Or are we going to go with the theories/rumors instead...?
Difference between what you just typed and what I typed a couple days ago is that I really did read what I was presenting; you literally just made that up.

If you want to pretend like you didn't, that's fine, but making something up and asking if rumors are a point of discussion now because of something someone else said that really did happen is literally comparing apples to orangutans.

You're the weakest Mod on Niketalk brah

That edge continued on from childhood and into his NBA career. West may have had a starting role in the NBA's all-time backcourt until Michael Jordan came along, but his drive never let up, even into his time as a coach and then Laker executive. Never easy with his nerves, West famously was too mentally exhausted to watch the Laker dynasty he constructed win its first NBA title in 2000, preferring to spend the deciding Game 6 in a movie theatre watching the film "Gladiator."

Source:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...es-long-battle-with-depression?urn=nba,wp9417

Now apologize to Frink :lol:

Last edited:
Difference between what you just typed and what I typed a couple days ago is that I really did read what I was presenting; you literally just made that up.

If you want to pretend like you didn't, that's fine, but making something up and asking if rumors are a point of discussion now because of something someone else said that really did happen is literally comparing apples to orangutans.

Yup, he definitely made that part up about Jerry West listening to the Lakers on the radio. Jerry hated kobe and left us because of him

Being Jerry West, he got restless about 10 minutes into retirement, surprising everyone by going to work for the Memphis Grizzlies… because they asked. Of course, the Griz also offered the usual king’s ransom. Not that they didn’t get their money’s worth. The Griz, whose record for wins was 23 when West arrived, won 50-45-49 in his third, fourth and fifth seasons. Unfortunately, they went 0-12 in three playoff appearances, which felt even worse to West than watching—or driving around, listening on radio because he was too stressed to watch—the Lakers win the 2000 title in his last season.

8BqcV.gif

I read somewhere a loooooong time ago that the stress of winning was why Jerry left. Like, he would have to leave Staples and would listen to games in his car because he couldn't handle watching it in person anymore.

That edge continued on from childhood and into his NBA career. West may have had a starting role in the NBA's all-time backcourt until Michael Jordan came along, but his drive never let up, even into his time as a coach and then Laker executive. Never easy with his nerves, West famously was too mentally exhausted to watch the Laker dynasty he constructed win its first NBA title in 2000, preferring to spend the deciding Game 6 in a movie theatre watching the film "Gladiator."

Source:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...es-long-battle-with-depression?urn=nba,wp9417

Now apologize to Frink
laugh.gif
It's sad, how loyal you are to me.

Pitifully, pathetically sad.

laugh.gif

I'll apologize as I see fit, fake tough guy.

Source:

Now apologize to Frink :lol:

:lol:

:lol:

You're a lame doggy.

Went in on dude and can't even apologize when you're clearly wrong and get mad when you get called out on using dreams you've had about Kobe as #fax

View media item 1824040

Last edited:
Just to remind everyone of what was originally said since everyone seems to have... misremembered:

So to call me wrong means that YOU HAVE CLEAR PROOF THAT WEST BAILED BECAUSE OF TOO MUCH WINNING.

Not assumed proof, because that's not really proof at all.

You wanna laugh at me saying that was made up, then show proof.

Simple.
Source:
*searching for 'West left because too much winning'*

*did not find*

I see 'Too mentally exhausted to watch.'

Oh, I'm supposed to assume he was too mentally exhausted from all the winning so that way you can all continue stroking each other's egos?

That's cute, but no.
br
Being Jerry West, he got restless about 10 minutes into retirement, surprising everyone by going to work for the Memphis Grizzlies… because they asked. Of course, the Griz also offered the usual king’s ransom. Not that they didn’t get their money’s worth. The Griz, whose record for wins was 23 when West arrived, won 50-45-49 in his third, fourth and fifth seasons. Unfortunately, they went 0-12 in three playoff appearances, which felt even worse to West than watching—or driving around, listening on radio because he was too stressed to watch—the Lakers win the 2000 title in his last season.

*did not find*

You guys continue your circle jerk, though.

Just to remind everyone of what was originally said since everyone seems to have... misremembered:

So to call me wrong means that YOU HAVE CLEAR PROOF THAT WEST BAILED BECAUSE OF TOO MUCH WINNING.

Simple.
Source:

*did not find*

Oh, I'm supposed to assume he was too mentally exhausted from all the winning so that way you can all continue stroking each other's egos?

That's cute, but no.

*did not find*

You guys continue your circle jerk, though.

View media item 1824057

View media item 1824058

Source:

Now apologize to Frink
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

You're a lame doggy.

Went in on dude and can't even apologize when you're clearly wrong and get mad when you get called out on using dreams you've had about Kobe as #fax
Oh yeah, fuming!! 
laugh.gif

That's impressive, you finding a 'You mad' gif. Those are so... rare.

And so difficult to post.

Good job, buddy! Still waiting for that link showing I was wrong, though.

I have no problem apologizing when I'm wrong, but I'm not going to apologize because some Kobe/Ska groupie said I was wrong.

Shhiiiiiiii...

laugh.gif
 Got me messed up.

Nah, something shows I was wrong, something shows Jerry left because of winning, which is what I said was made up, damn right I'll apologize to fink.

Until then, y'all can keep on. It's entertaining to L2B and manup. 
happy.gif

Simple.

Source:

*did not find*

That's cute, but no.

*did not find*

You guys continue your circle jerk, though
I'd ignore logic, too, if I were you. Doesn't seem to be your best quality, feel me?

Leave logic to other folks. You just stick with the fake tough guy role and the Kobe groupie role. Got those 2 on lock.

"Now apologize to fink."

laugh.gif

Last edited:
Ska is a lot like Kobe. Don't try to match up with him unless you're ready for a relentless battle

Not even trying to pile it on but its definitely more reasonable to deduct from all the direct quotes that Jerry West left because "the stress of winning" was getting to him. He couldn't watch a playoff game anymore. And you searched for Jerry west left because of winning too much" obviously you're not going to find that because that's entirely different from what he said.

Stress of winning is not the same as winning too much.

And if you called him making stuff up from his assumptions, but at least there is a basis of where he got his assumption from (quotes given). Where do you get your assumption that Jerry west left because of Kobe from?

It doesn't make you less of a man to admit a false assumption. And it doesn't make us "circle jerking" when we are presenting a case that doesn't go along with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom