|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I read somewhere a loooooong time ago that the stress of winning was why Jerry left. Like, he would have to leave Staples and would listen to games in his car because he couldn't handle watching it in person anymore.

Or are we going to go with the theories/rumors instead...?
Difference between what you just typed and what I typed a couple days ago is that I really did read what I was presenting; you literally just made that up.

If you want to pretend like you didn't, that's fine, but making something up and asking if rumors are a point of discussion now because of something someone else said that really did happen is literally comparing apples to orangutans.

You're the weakest Mod on Niketalk brah

That edge continued on from childhood and into his NBA career. West may have had a starting role in the NBA's all-time backcourt until Michael Jordan came along, but his drive never let up, even into his time as a coach and then Laker executive. Never easy with his nerves, West famously was too mentally exhausted to watch the Laker dynasty he constructed win its first NBA title in 2000, preferring to spend the deciding Game 6 in a movie theatre watching the film "Gladiator."

Source:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...es-long-battle-with-depression?urn=nba,wp9417

Now apologize to Frink :lol:
It's sad, how loyal you are to me.

Pitifully, pathetically sad.

:lol:

I'll apologize as I see fit, fake tough guy.

You're a lame doggy.

Went in on dude and can't even apologize when you're clearly wrong and get mad when you get called out on using dreams you've had about Kobe as #fax

View media item 1824040
Oh yeah, fuming!! :lol:

That's impressive, you finding a 'You mad' gif. Those are so... rare.

And so difficult to post.

Good job, buddy! Still waiting for that link showing I was wrong, though.

I have no problem apologizing when I'm wrong, but I'm not going to apologize because some Kobe/Ska groupie said I was wrong.

Shhiiiiiiii...

:lol:  Got me messed up.

Nah, something shows I was wrong, something shows Jerry left because of winning, which is what I said was made up, damn right I'll apologize to fink.

Until then, y'all can keep on. It's entertaining to L2B and manup. :D

I could recall stories of West leaving because he was under appreciated after Phil seemingly got all the credit after the 2000 chip. And that Phil came in as an outsider and marginalized West, throwing him out of practices and such, and ownership allowed it

Not even trying to pile it on but its definitely more reasonable to deduct from all the direct quotes that Jerry West left because "the stress of winning" was getting to him. He couldn't watch a playoff game anymore. And you searched for Jerry west left because of winning too much" obviously you're not going to find that because that's entirely different from what he said.

Stress of winning is not the same as winning too much.

And if you called him making stuff up from his assumptions, but at least there is a basis of where he got his assumption from (quotes given). Where do you get your assumption that Jerry west left because of Kobe from?

It doesn't make you less of a man to admit a false assumption. And it doesn't make us "circle jerking" when we are presenting a case that doesn't go along with yours.

[quote name="Lizaker4Lizife"]I could recall stories of West leaving because he was under appreciated after Phil seemingly got all the credit after the 2000 chip. And that Phil came in as an outsider and marginalized West, throwing him out of practices and such, and ownership allowed it[/quote] Absolutely. Non-Lakers fans know that, though.

[quote name="iLL 949"]Not even trying to pile it on but its definitely more reasonable to deduct from all the direct quotes that Jerry West left because "the stress of winning" was getting to him. He couldn't watch a playoff game anymore. And you searched for Jerry west left because of winning too much" obviously you're not going to find that because that's entirely different from what he said.

Stress of winning is not the same as winning too much.

And if you called him making stuff up from his assumptions, but at least there is a basis of where he got his assumption from (quotes given). Where do you get your assumption that Jerry west left because of Kobe from?

It doesn't make you less of a man to admit a false assumption. And it doesn't make us "circle jerking" when we are presenting a case that doesn't go along with yours.[/quote]Doesn't make me less of a man to admit a false assumption?

Interesting.

I'll have to remember that.

[quote name="DarthSka (2 pages ago)"]I remember it was online, and definitely could have been Simmons for all I remember. :lol:

Wait, no, I'm just making it up. That's what I do, if you let some tell it. Just make stuff up. :lol:

When I have more time, I'll try to search for something, anything. It's ENTIRELY possible I misinterpreted something, but I ain't making nothing up. I know that. I know my vitriol towards Kobe was the second highest at that time, so it's possible Jerry said "I prefer blondes" and I took it way differently. :lol:

I'll look. Cause I remember thinking this whole time that JW didn't like Kobe because of some article I read regarding why he booked to Memphis.[/quote] [quote name="DarthSka (2 pages ago)"]I remember it was online, and definitely could have been Simmons for all I remember. :lol:

Wait, no, I'm just making it up. That's what I do, if you let some tell it. Just make stuff up. :lol:

When I have more time, I'll try to search for something, anything. It's ENTIRELY possible I misinterpreted something, but I ain't making nothing up. I know that. I know my vitriol towards Kobe was the second highest at that time, so it's possible Jerry said "I prefer blondes" and I took it way differently. :lol:[/quote] [quote name="DarthSka (2 pages ago)"]When I have more time, I'll try to search for something, anything. It's ENTIRELY possible I misinterpreted something, but I ain't making nothing up. I know that. I know my vitriol towards Kobe was the second highest at that time, so it's possible Jerry said "I prefer blondes" and I took it way differently. :lol:[/quote] [quote name="DarthSka (2 pages ago)"]It's ENTIRELY possible I misinterpreted something, but I ain't making nothing up. I know that.[/quote] [quote name="DarthSka (2 pages ago)"]It's ENTIRELY possible I misinterpreted something[/quote] [quote name="DarthSka (2 pages ago)"]It's ENTIRELY possible I misinterpreted something[/quote] [quote name="DarthSka (2 pages ago)"]It's ENTIRELY possible I misinterpreted something[/quote] [quote name="DarthSka (2 pages ago)"]It's ENTIRELY possible I misinterpreted something[/quote]...
...[quote name="iLL 949 (this page)"]It doesn't make you less of a man to admit a false assumption.[/quote][quote name="DarthSka (2 pages ago)"]It's ENTIRELY possible I misinterpreted something[/quote]Welp. :lol:

Last edited:
[quote name="CP1708"]Need any help yet Ska, or you got this?[/quote]:frown: Feel free to assist. This Moon character is starting to get to me. So is Mamba. I think I'll just disappear, for them.

:rofl: :lol:

Or nah. I just wanted them to feel like they accomplished something for once, like, "Yay! :D I did it!"

No you didn't. :smile:

:lol: thanks for the backup guys

Ok fine, poor wording on my part. But the official word from the man himself was stress and health was why he left, and I'm inclined to believe that. The fact that he had to up and leave a playoff game and watch a movie instead is crazy.

[quote name="iLL 949"]Stress of winning is not the same as winning too much.[/quote]And "too mentally exhausted to watch the Laker dynasty he constructed win its first NBA title in 2000" is not the sane as "stress from winning."

[quote name="iLL 949"]And if you called him making stuff up from his assumptions, but at least there is a basis of where he got his assumption from (quotes given). Where do you get your assumption that Jerry west left because of Kobe from?[/quote] If you were keeping up from my first post to begin this discussion instead of jumping in at a point convenient to quote and get applause, I initially stated that I anticipated this because I had no links or proof. I clearly and explicitly stated that I wasn't coming with anything definitive, but rather something I remembered.

So something only you remember yet not being able to find proof of it anywhere, doesn't mean that you made it up? 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
[quote name="Mamba MVP"]So something only you remember yet not being able to find proof of it anywhere, doesn't mean that you made it up? :lol: [/quote]Have you polled everyone alive to make sure your statement that only I remember is accurate?

Or even everyone in this thread? :lol:[quote name="WillzWay26 (the VERY FIRST response"][quote name="DarthSka"]I already know the response to this, and why, but I gotta get this off my chest and off my mind.

When Jerry West left to Memphis, I remember reading that a major part of the reason was that he has never seen an organization cater so much to the whims of one player, and he wanted no part of that, so he bailed.

Response: "Whatever, Ska. :lol: Dude loves Kobe. He drafted him."

Why: No links.[/quote]Ska we all knew that when Shaq left[/quote]"Something only you remember", tho.

Awkward. :lol:

Keep your fun circle jerk going. :lol:

Y'all don't want serious discussion. Y'all want props and OMGs and a villain. Straight elementary. :lol:

(exceptions: tupac, E, P, CP, Senor, 949)

Last edited:
Need any help yet Ska, or you got this?
star wars comes out next week

no need to risk a stroke now 

You missed the reference.....

I already know the response to this, and why, but I gotta get this off my chest and off my mind.

When Jerry West left to Memphis, I remember reading that a major part of the reason was that he has never seen an organization cater so much to the whims of one player, and he wanted no part of that, so he bailed.

Response: "Whatever, Ska. :lol: Dude loves Kobe. He drafted him."

Why: No links.

Good luck with this one brother, you're on your own. :lol:

I knew dang well he misremembered this one, because I remember the circumstances with West leavin, and it had ZERO to do with Kobe. I knew he was in for a battle, I'm just offerin moral support now. :lol:

Have you polled everyone alive to make sure your statement that only I remember is accurate?

Or even everyone in this thread?
laugh.gif

"Something only you remember", tho.

Awkward.
laugh.gif

Keep your fun circle jerk going.
laugh.gif

Y'all don't want serious discussion. Y'all want props and OMGs and a villain. Straight elementary.
laugh.gif

Exceptions: tupac, E, P, CP, Senor, 949
I think we'd have to get clarification but I think he's referencing that Kobe had something to do with Shaq's departure which is common knowledge. I don't think he was agreeing with you that Kobe had anything to do with JW's departure.
You missed the reference.....
I knew dang well he misremembered this one, because I remember the circumstances with West leavin, and it had ZERO to do with Kobe. I knew he was in for a battle, I'm just offerin moral support now.
laugh.gif
Oh. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom