|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even I captain of the tank have to admit that was awesome theater. Now get back to losing, Ben Simmons is at 41, 13, 7, 4, and 2 tonight.

Julius Randle is going to be a nightly double-double for a long stretch of his career.

I think he will be a perennial all-star if he does a few things.
1. He's gotta start hitting from 15-19 feet. The league average is 38.1-39.9% from around the court from 15-19. Not counting tonight, he's 29.2%. Get it into the low 40's, it's a shot that teams have to respect, and allows him to blow by the defender with ease.

2. He needs to develop a left hand. He's at 51.5% with it being 56% of his shots coming within 5 feet. League average is 54.1%. He needs to be well above average considering the way he plays.. Developing a right hand, would get translate into getting 60% of his shots within 5 feet to go. Because it's just too much to ask to defend.

Those two things, and Randle ends up shooting 48-49% rather than 43.7% from the field, and we're looking at a 17-18 & 10 guy next year easily.

Doesn't have to happen now, just needs to be done progressively. Can't magically expect to do it, but over next couple years, he can do it.

Last edited:
Julius Randle is going to be a nightly double-double for a long stretch of his career.

I think he will be a perennial all-star if he does a few things.
1. He's gotta start hitting from 15-19 feet. The league average is 38.1-39.9% from around the court from 15-19. Not counting tonight, he's 29.2%. Get it into the low 40's, it's a shot that teams have to respect, and allows him to blow by the defender with ease.

2. He needs to develop a left hand. He's at 51.5% with it being 56% of his shots coming within 5 feet. League average is 54.1%. He needs to be well above average considering the way he plays.. Developing a right hand, would get translate into getting 60% of his shots within 5 feet to go. Because it's just too much to ask to defend.

Those two things, and Randle ends up shooting 48-49% rather than 43.7% from the field, and we're looking at a 17-18 & 10 guy next year easily.

He need to develop a change of pace. Once he get going, he doesnt stop.

He need to develop a change of pace. Once he get going, he doesnt stop.

Mid-range and right hand would be enough that it wouldn't even matter if he's a bull in a china shop.

Just has to know he can use them, and rely on them to some degree

Makes him that much harder to defend.

The reason for our Tank:

XE2hTZ1.jpg

Last edited:
Clarkson & Russell... Each have deficiencies on defense..

I think Clarkson needs more work on ball, and Russell needs more work not trying to be Kobe off ball.

Just based on athleticism, no reason Clarkson can't be a better on ball defender..

Russell I like how he plays the passing lanes.. But I think he gets so reliant on it, that he ends up just watching, and when his man gets the ball, he isn't in position.

But one of the biggest bad habits they have, and this should be something you shouldn't do, and a coach should tell them to stop doing, is floating off the perimeter on their guy, and getting near the paint to help. They are not accomplishing anything here, and more times than I can remember, the guy with the ball swings it back out to a wide open 3 that they can't close out on. It's a problem across the whole roster, I hate that they end up drifting toward the paint or trying to help on a guy in the post for no reason.

Also one thing I noticed about Russell's shooting is that it's such an easy motion that sometimes he just doesn't get his legs into the shot. That comes with familiarity with the range, and building some strength, but I think it could be that he isn't getting enough leg into the shot, and that's why when he misses, he always misses short.

Last edited:
Came here to post about randle :lol:

Last 6

12.8 on 44% fg 75% ft
11 boards
2 assists
1 block
1 to

Like e said, gotta knock down that midranger. Bricked at least 4 wide open js tonite. Once he gets comfy with that you'll see his points percentages and even assists go up once his man can't play off him and the backline defense is forced to help. He's getting these numbers and he really doesn't even know what he's doing yet. Still getting situated on offense and building his arsenal

Still think if we get a Top 3 pick, it'll be because of luck.. Don't even care about losing games.. That's my position, and that's how I think it will come down to it. Just a general feeling, not based on the ping pong probability because that is depressing and makes me think we'll lose the pick.

But I'm on the Ben Simmons hype train.. This is the one time where talent is so great, it's well past fit.

If we get # 1, draft Simmons... Keep Randle, and figure out how to make it work.

Whether it's splitting the minutes 24 / 24 at the 4. Then Getting Randle some minutes at the 5 a la Golden State lineup. Simmons some minutes at the 3. Gotta figure out how to make that work.

While Simmons looks godly, still not seeing him as a consistent 3 in NBA. He hasn't shown whether he has a 3 point shot because he doesn't shoot it at all from deep. And that's where the concern hits me. But you have to make that work.

Last edited:
Still think if we get a Top 3 pick, it'll be because of luck.. 
only thing you will ever need to know in life: you have to put yourself in a position to get lucky 

2015 2nd worst team finished 4th in the draft lottery.
2014 3rd finished 4th.
2013 2nd finished 4th.
2012 3rd finished 4th.
2011 2nd & 3rd finished 4th & 5th.
2010 2nd & 3rd finished 4th & 5th
2009 1st & 2nd finished 4th & 5th
2008 2nd finished 4th
2007 1st, 2nd & 3rd finished 4th, 5th & 6th
2006 1st finished 4th
2005 2nd & 3rd finished 4th & 5th

So I mean just because you tank doesn't mean you're keeping that pick when it's top 3 protected.. Top 5, yeah, I could be down for last year's tank because you can guarantee your pick. And there's no Randle, no Kobe.. No nothing to even be playing for. Wasn't until like 30 games left that Clarkson was even a person who existed for us.

But in 2016 draft, only way we're keeping that pick is through luck.. Regardless of whether we finish as the 2nd worst or 6th worst...

Because we can be the 2nd worst team and tank the best of our ability and lose the pick.. Then you'd be killing yourself saying if we just won 2 more games, we keep the pick..

Let the young guys play. Hope they develop, be happy about wins, and come June hope for the best.

Last edited:

only thing you will ever need to know in life: you have to put yourself in a position to get lucky 
2014 3rd finished 4th.
2013 2nd finished 4th.
2012 3rd finished 4th.
2011 2nd & 3rd finished 4th & 5th.
2010 2nd & 3rd finished 4th & 5th
2009 1st & 2nd finished 4th & 5th
2008 2nd finished 4th
2007 1st, 2nd & 3rd finished 4th, 5th & 6th
2006 1st finished 4th
2005 2nd & 3rd finished 4th & 5th

So I mean just because you tank doesn't mean you're keeping that pick when it's top 3 protected.. Top 5, yeah, I could be down for last year's tank because you can guarantee your pick. And there's no Randle, no Kobe.. No nothing to even be playing for. Wasn't until like 30 games left that Clarkson was even a person who existed for us.

But in 2016 draft, only way we're keeping that pick is through luck.. Regardless of whether we finish as the 2nd worst or 6th worst...

Because we can be the 2nd worst team and tank the best of our ability and lose the pick.. Then you'd be killing yourself saying if we just won 2 more games, we keep the pick..

Let the young guys play. Hope they develop, be happy about wins, and come June hope for the best.
position to get lucky

with that logic you should never go outside ever because you might not have a good day 

no point of ever shooting a basketball because it doesnt mean it will go in the basket

2014 3rd finished 4th.

2013 2nd finished 4th.

2012 3rd finished 4th.

2011 2nd
position to get lucky

with that logic you should never go outside ever because you might not have a good day 

no point of ever shooting a basketball because it doesnt mean it will go in the basket

Let the young guys play to win... If we win, so be it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom