|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@CoupeIt88  out here 
nthat.gif

Been a longgg time - last time it was when I schooling Essential on Dwight Howard :lol: :tongue:

I'm good for a pop up here and there tho, had to enter because of what I saw from Simmons yesterday tho.

What you doing here tho rck? Aren't you a Kings fan? :lol: - they never wound up leaving so you never needed to become a Lakers fan.

Last edited:

Been a longgg time - last time it was when I schooling Essential on Dwight Howard
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

I'm good for a pop up here and there tho, had to enter because of what I saw from Simmons yesterday tho.
anytime a basketball expert of your caliber graces a basketball thread with your presence is an honor 
nerd.gif
tongue.gif

Lol - As a basketball expert, D-Wade is ABSOLUTELY in the top 3-5 off all time in the SG position.

Since 1985, only 4 times has the worst team won the # 1 pick. So just 12.9% of the time. Based on that, you have to tank, but can't tank too well....

So it doesn't really maximize chances at all to get the # 1 pick by being in the worst pick.

It's a damn crapshoot when it's a protected # 3 pick... When are you going to realize that the lottery isn't as simple as losing the most games will guarantee you anything.

We go through this year after year, after year.

Because we could tank, be the worst team, and still lose the pick. Just take the season how it will come. If we keep the pick, great. If we lose the pick, it sucks. But it isn't the setback that it would have been had we lost it last year. Although, we'd be in contention for it this year without Russell, and likely Rondo.
I know the statistics, I know the numbers dude - It's a dicegame. But if the Lakers are a bottom 3 team, they have a good chance of having the ping-pong balls swing in their favor - better chance of them getting a top 3 pick - bad luck happens tho, (like the Knicks last season, getting the 4 pick), but they were the second worst team in the league so the 4 pick was the worst they could have done.

Getting the number 1 pick will be a gamble, of course, nothing is guaranteed - don't need to tell me that. But a 10-20% chance of landing Simmons or an even higher chance of being in the top 3 shouldn't be brushed aside.

This is all tongue-cheek tho, because I don't think the three young guys will sneak as much wins as you think. Lakers could be that bad without purposely tanking.
eggs act lee 

Something I've always noticed on Laker road games.Especially on the East coast.

Kobe is loved like a GOD out there in DC :lol: . I mean even when Gilbert Arenas was in his prime and was ballin like crazy for a few years. Whenever the Lakers and Kobe would play at DC the crowds at that arena were dominated by Laker fans in Kobe jersey's.Last night game was crazy with the chants all throughout the game while he was putting on a show out there.

Last edited:
I was in LA a week ago to watch the Lakers. Then I was in DC last night to watch them again. It will most likely be my last time watching Kobe play live since I currently live in the DC area. It was real live last night with all the Lakers fan at the Verizon Center. It was pretty much a Lakers home game last night. But it was real awesome to see vintage Kobe last night, and what a hell of a way to see my favorite player go out for my final time seeing him in person.

View media item 1812942
View media item 1812944
A lot of people stuck around to give Kobe a standing O. Not going to lie to you brahs. I was holding back tears as I watched Kobe walk into the tunnel. :frown:

Last edited:
Damn B. You almost outside.

Jk fam glad you got to see him, crowd seemed electric last night.

I remember in the preseason and beginning of the season B Scott was so smug and confident. You could tell he started to put his nose in the air because he thought he had job security, backing of Laker loyalists, backing of Kobe, and actual young talent. He used injuries and no real talent last year as an excuse why he was so bad. Now he does worse with more talent then last years team and no injuries.

No more smug. You can tell very interview he is starting to feel the pressure. He knows what position he is in. I love it. Nothing worse than being terrible at your job and then being smug about it.

Anthony Davis and Ben Simmons tho?

I mean they've won 4 games :lol:

We've won 3, god damn if New Orleans gets Simmons :x

Last edited:
Anthony Davis and Ben Simmons tho?

I mean they've won 4 games :lol:

We've won 3, god damn if New Orleans gets Simmons :x

I think the Pelicans traded their pick. Not sure though.

If the Lakers traded Russell (Randle I don't mind, I think he'll be good but wouldn't hesitate to trade him and Clarkson for Boogie) I would be extremely upset. To the point where it would be hard for me to support the team like I've done for my whole life.

Anyway this whole thing about trading our young players is overblown. The only player that could feasibly be worth trading for is Boogie. And what are the chances the Kings trade him to LA anyways?

What other superstars would the Lakers even want to trade for?

Melo? - LMAO
Indiana not trading PG
San Antonio not trading Leonard
Clippers aren't trading Blake
KD is a free agent next year and Russ is a free agent in 2 years, why would you give up assets for either if you could get em for free? Why trade for em if they're not guaranteed to stay?

Are you gunna offer our young players for Klay Thompson? Like what superstar is really available to trade for?

Last edited:
I think the Pelicans traded their pick. Not sure though.

If the Lakers traded Russell (Randle I don't mind, I think he'll be good but wouldn't hesitate to trade him and Clarkson for Boogie) I would be extremely upset. To the point where it would be hard for me to support the team like I've down for my whole life.

Anyway this whole thing about trading our young players is overblown. The only player that could feasibly be worth trading for is Boogie. And what are the chances the Kings trade him to LA anyways?

What other superstars would the Lakers even want to trade for?

Melo? - LMAO
Indiana not trading PG
San Antonio not trading Leonard
Clippers aren't trading Blake
KD is a free agent next year and Russ is a free agent in 2 years, why would you give up assets for either if you could get em for free? Why trade for em if they're not guaranteed to stay?

Are you gunna offer our young players for Klay Thompson? Like what superstar is really available to trade for?

KD is a free agent this summer. Westbrook is a free agent summer 2017.

that's what I said. You don't have to trade anybody to get em. If you don't think Russell and Westbrook can play together then ok.

Point still stands. There's no superstars to trade for. The players I'd be interested are all young players anyway. For example, I would try and trade for a player like Nerlens Noel rather than *Insert age 30 and above former allstar*

Last edited:
Blake could also be a FA in 2017 along with KD again if he does what most think at this point and just re-ups for 1 season with OKC.

Other notable 2017 FAs:
Steph Curry
Derrick Rose
Kyle Lowry (ETO)
Serge Ibaka
Gordon Hayward (PO)
Rudy Gay (PO)
Greg Monroe (PO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom