$40 Utilities

$100 Cell Phone

$140 Cable/Internet

$50 Student Loans

$50 CC

$100 Auto Insurance

mean.gif

How you like it out there?

ehh it's ok. I only just moved up here from Richmond, VA so getting used to the traffic. I live fairly close to the metro so DC is right there, but I have yet to really go exploring. Been to U street a couple times that was cool. I just need to start going out way more or link with someone who goes out so I can get to know the area better. It's the first time i'm in a area solo dolo.

People are nice, quality of everything is nice, just the traffic :x.

U in the DC/NoVa area?

ehh it's ok. I only just moved up here from Richmond, VA so getting used to the traffic. I live fairly close to the metro so DC is right there, but I have yet to really go exploring. Been to U street a couple times that was cool. I just need to start going out way more or link with someone who goes out so I can get to know the area better. It's the first time i'm in a area solo dolo.

People are nice, quality of everything is nice, just the traffic
sick.gif

U in the DC/NoVa area?
I just moved to Falls Church, VA and i'm going through the same thing. I need a wingman so I can find some yambs. I'm not about that solo dolo to the bar life just yet. I lived in DC over the summer for my internship and it was cool. Now i'm working out here.

How you like it out there?

People are nice, quality of everything is nice, just the traffic :x.

U in the DC/NoVa area?

Yeah moved here from Va Beach in Dec, getting used to that traffic is a *****. I'm staying with fam for now in pg county, md, but after I get some **** out the way like some debt and car payments I'll probably be looking for a spot on that side. Been to a few spots every now and then, nothing in Arlington yet though I hear it's poppin. **** once all that's out the way I'll probably hit you up pm to see what's good.

Yeah moved here from Va Beach in Dec, getting used to that traffic is a *****. I'm staying with fam for now in pg county, md, but after I get some **** out the way like some debt and car payments I'll probably be looking for a spot on that side. Been to a few spots every now and then, nothing in Arlington yet though I hear it's poppin. **** once all that's out the way I'll probably hit you up pm to see what's good.
I was just talking to a dude in my building trying to rent his condo out. If you still mess with roommates i'd consider something similar to what I have. To keep in line with the thread my spot is a condo that I share with 2 other people. I pay a little under $640 for the loft and split everything else 3 ways (Electricity and cable). We get free parking, water, trash removal, and no homeowners bills. Roommates are around my age so it's cool and my place is like a 5 minute commute to work. 

DMV Summit?
Haha It seems that way. I was trying to organize one in the music forum for Rock the Bells but the concert ended up getting canceled.

Looking to move around this time NEXT year, or earlier depending how my finances go. My job offers employee housing with "competitive rates" starting at $1300 for a brownstone studio. 1 bedroom brownstones are $1600 & 1 bedroom highrises are $2400 (IIRC). I'll be looking for a 1 bedroom no more than $1200 with utilities included. This is NYC btw, so while the employee housing might be relatively affordable being in Manhattan, I can sacrifice the shorter commute and difference in travel expenses for more space. I've seen some great apartments in the Bronx, in nice areas for what I'm looking for. Not too familiar with Brooklyn neighborhoods besides my old high school area.

Other expenses would be cell phone bill, groceries, cable/internet, and if I can afford it, car insurance.

If I'm making $3000+ a month, that should be doable, right?

NC is cool but if I'm doing South rather do ATL
I love Atlanta too...but that's just one spot in GA. 

We got Charlotte, Greensboro, Winston, the coast, and smaller cites in the Piedmont to choose from where you're still close to the action in the major cities. 

Not to mention Raleigh and Durham. 

I always said NC was the best spot in the southeast because it's the you midpoint between NY and FLA. The state has so much variety to choose from as far as location. 

Right but you can only live in one place

I'm biased because I grew up in a major city so I can't imagine not living in one. Charlotte would be the only place I would even consider

I love Atlanta too...but that's just one spot in GA. 

We got Charlotte, Greensboro, Winston, the coast, and smaller cites in the Piedmont to choose from where you're still close to the action in the major cities. 

Not to mention Raleigh and Durham. 

I always said NC was the best spot in the southeast because it's the you midpoint between NY and FLA. The state has so much variety to choose from as far as location. 

I'll take the nc over atl any day after living in atl from 1999-2012 . Ga is just atl , but Athens and savanna thrown in . I won't count Augusta because that's South Carolina to me. North Carolina has the same if not better women , the beach , and the mood is just better its nit a bunch of transplants up there IMO .

I'll take the nc over atl any day after living in atl from 1999-2012 . Ga is just atl , but Athens and savanna thrown in . I won't count Augusta because that's South Carolina to me. North Carolina has the same if not better women , the beach , and the mood is just better its nit a bunch of transplants up there IMO .
Where you at now? 

Where you at now? 

South Texas contemplating on San Antonio or Austin , but I also have a place in Louisiana and the sfv . San Antonio is mad cheap but ghetto as hell women are too easy to slay because they are used to broke dudes down here . Austin is more progressive and modern but a bit more expensive not west coast expensive but like d.c. Expensive , women are better quality and its alot more to do . I will say this as a 28 year old black man making 150 a year Austin is the appealing but the options to set myself up in San Antonio is better since its one of the fastest growing cities in the nation and its about and hour away from Austin as well .

South Texas contemplating on San Antonio or Austin , but I also have a place in Louisiana and the sfv . San Antonio is mad cheap but ghetto as hell women are too easy to slay because they are used to broke dudes down here . Austin is more progressive and modern but a bit more expensive not west coast expensive but like d.c. Expensive , women are better quality and its alot more to do . I will say this as a 28 year old black man making 150 a year Austin is the appealing but the options to set myself up in San Antonio is better since its one of the fastest growing cities in the nation and its about and hour away from Austin as well .
The field that I am in is not as lucrative, but the chicks still throw the p bc they see a dude on the straight and narrow. I chill in Greensboro and Charlotte mostly. My two favortite cities in NC.

Being single with no kids is another factor, but no matter how fine she is, freedom is not something I'm willing to give up right now. 

Greensboro is so underrated :pimp: so laid back but so many women

Growing up I always said I was leaving NC but now that I'm older I realized how solid the state is...we get every season with no extremes...cities are the right size...sports teams...nice beaches...nice rural areas that's still within a decent distance to a city and etc

Plenty of D1 college bball/football too :pimp:

Last edited:
Greensboro is so underrated :pimp: so laid back but so many women

God Gboro is flooded with beautiful women. Damn.

I've lived in DC, Va beach and LA county. There is no place I'll rather live then in NC, raleigh to be exact.

I pay 670 for a 900 ft apartment in the dead center of raleigh. Can't beat it for a single man.

Back
Top Bottom