LIL Wayne dismisses BLM

I stopped listening to Lil Wayne after 500 Degreez
Where You At, and **** You are the only songs that aged well.

Whole thing sounded like a Jazze Pha production
sick.gif

"See that "S" on my neck? Symbolize my clique, see that "S" on my chest? Symbolize, we rich"

But, one can understand the difference between mainstream Wayne, at 22+ years old, than prepubescent 16 year old Wayne. He was just to gritty for some youngins'

Last edited:
Cash Money/Young Money were nothing without Manny Fresh.

When Manny left the music stopped sounding Uptown New Orleans.

Manny was making those bounce beats since the 80s

Last edited:

http://deadspin.com/5915182/lil-wayne-accuses-oklahoma-city-thunder-of-racism

[COLOR=#red]"Oh Lord, what are we runnin from?
The police cause they already killed enough of us
Stay out them streets cause they don’t f with us, they huntin us
We in a race against racists, that’s a color run"

“I watching T.V. the other day right Got this white guy on there talkin’ ’bout black guys Talkin’ about how young black guys are targeted Targeted by who? America You see, one in every 100 Americans are locked up One in every, nine black Americans are locked up.”

“Yeah, and I don’t have to go to Hollywood Cause Hollywood came through my neighborhood with cameras on I really think they’re stealing from us like a sample song I really wish one day we’d take it back like Hammer’s home The hurricane came and took my Louisiana home And all I got in return was a darn country song This whole country wrong.”

“They tell you what they want to show you what they want you to see but they don’t let you know what’s really going on make it look like a lotta stealing going on boy them cops is killers in my home n_s shot dead in the middle of the street I ain’t no thief I’m just trying to eat man, f the police and President Georgia…Bush!”

“As a business owner who employs several African-American employees and gives philanthropically to organizations that help youth to pursue their dreams my ultimate intention is to uplift rather than degrade our community.”

[/COLOR]
Funny how that changes after Birdman stopped the money train

I wasn't tryna' hear it all these years but Tune is really drugged out. He really doesn't even know what he spews out of his mouth. :smh:

almost forgot about this old vid from the donald sterling controversy a couple years ago.

there are def a few instances here and there where wayne has spoken on racial issues without sounding ridiculous so i really dont kno what to attribute his latest comments to.

imma just chalk it up to drugs and protecting his "brand".

a fool nonetheless...

Last edited:
asking wayne about anything remotely meaningful is a mistake,let alone social issues, this dude is a shell of a somewhat talented individual.

his responses were pure cringe..

rappers nowadays dont talk about anything meaningful, you think they will really stand up for injustice?
who do you think buys their tickets and albums? they aint gonna kill their cash cows.
the ones who start to talk about real issues aint selling anymore,
sad but true.

i dont mess with anybody who calls another grown man his "daddy"

Exactly they know damn well the becky's and biff's are buying their music while the rest of us just downloading it for free on the net, but with the majority of the crap that's coming out most likely not even doing that.

Exactly they know damn well the becky's and biff's are buying their music while the rest of us just downloading it for free on the net, but with the majority of the crap that's coming out most likely not even doing that.
Lol true I never bought a single Lil Wayne anything...LMAO

asking wayne about anything remotely meaningful is a mistake,let alone social issues, this dude is a shell of a somewhat talented individual.

his responses were pure cringe..

rappers nowadays dont talk about anything meaningful, you think they will really stand up for injustice?
who do you think buys their tickets and albums? they aint gonna kill their cash cows.
the ones who start to talk about real issues aint selling anymore,
sad but true.

i dont mess with anybody who calls another grown man his "daddy"

That's not it. Rappers have always called out racism and still sold records. NWA was saying **** the police and called white folks devils and they still bought the music and filled up their concerts.

Wayne is just a drugged up sellout.

Last edited:
Lol true I never bought a single Lil Wayne anything...LMAO

I only liked a few older songs from wayne this is before young money, any thing after that was pure doo doo to me.

He was more than tolerable when he only had 1 verse to do jammed in between B.G., Turk, and Juve. Was cool on Like Father Like Son and some on C1. But 500 Degreez, a bunch of mixtapes, and especially the latter portion of his career can
ed54679b_555322240.gif

That's not it. Rappers have always called out racism and still sold records. NWA was saying **** the police and called white folks devils and they still bought the music and filled up their concerts.

You're forgetting NWA also had a lot of black fans who brought the music unlike today where we have the torrent websites where you can just type in a google search and produce tons of links to RAR's and ZIP files. Rappers also didn't have a lot of endorsements like they do now, Drake would never claim BLM because not only does he lose his white audience he loses interviews, his apple deal, OVO merchandise and a whole other butt load of side income.

Last edited:

You're forgetting NWA also had a lot of black fans who brought the music unlike today where we have the torrent websites where you can just type in a google search and produce tons of links to RAR's and ZIP files. Rappers also didn't have a lot of endorsements like they do now, Drake would never claim BLM because not only does he lose his white audience he loses interviews, his apple deal, OVO merchandise and a whole other butt load of side income.

I'm not forgetting that. Of course black people bought their albums. NWA was selling millions of albums. Who do you was buying that? Their concerts was like 80% white. That's the case with almost all rappers. Kendrick last album was pro black as hell and white critics love it. White folks bought his album, packed out his shows. Same with J Cole.

You would have a point if we was talking about athelets but rappers can say whatever they won't. The appeal rappers have is being rebellious. Drake ain't losing nothing if said BLM. I just don't think Drake has it in him to be pro black.

I'm not forgetting that. Of course black people bought their albums. NWA was selling millions of albums. Who do you was buying that? Their concerts was like 80% white. That's the case with almost all rappers. Kendrick last album was pro black as hell and white critics love it. White folks bought his album, packed out his shows. Same with J Cole.

You would have a point if we was talking about athelets but rappers can say whatever they won't. The appeal rappers have is being rebellious. Drake ain't losing nothing if said BLM. I just don't think Drake has it in him to be pro black.

My point being, it's not just about rap, it's about business and companies don't want to align themselves with artist who push a certain political or race agenda that can cause their image or sales to take a nose dive. Kendrick is signed to top dog ent, way different than being sponsored by coca cola, apple and major entities.

My point being, it's not just about rap, it's about business and companies don't want to align themselves with artist who push a certain political or race agenda that can cause their image or sales to take a nose dive. Kendrick is signed to top dog ent, way different than being sponsored by coca cola, apple and major entities.

Kendrick got major sponsors man....

:lol:

Kendrick is one of the 5 major rappers out here. He can literally pick and choose his sponsors.

Nas has major sponsors man.

What are some of Kendricks sponsors, I know about Reebok but I can't name any other sponsor besides that. off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Kendrick has been in plenty of commercials. :lol:

Rappers don't not need to be scared about being pro black. Like I said we've seen rappers do it and sell records/do business deals. Ice Cube went HARD in the 90's and still did the Hollywood thing. Making white folks comfortable is not a requirement rappers. Athletes is a different story.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom