Lil' Wayne - Carter 3 (Official Thread) Officially A Millie

^ i don't mean Jay outshined him, i mean he literally stole Weezy's flow. you can especially tell around that autopilot line.

yeah i re-read what you said and understood ... to me, jay has been trying to emulate weezy waaaaaay before this and im not trying to throw shots at j at all,but there was a time when j didnt do all that breaking up words and rhyming words that dont rhyme #%#% ... to me wayne was the father of that and i do believepeople criticize him the most for it

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

^ i don't mean Jay outshined him, i mean he literally stole Weezy's flow. you can especially tell around that autopilot line.
im not a big listener of andre3000, but everytime i hear this verse it sounds like one of his(3000) verse's.......?

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23

^
laugh.gif
, word. Lyricaljkilla, you got atleast 30 posts in this thread my dude
smh.gif
laugh.gif

and they all hate responses
smh.gif

laugh.gif
I mighta OD'd a lil but some people were sayying some outlandish things......dudes giving it the classic nod and all...

but word. i'm pretty much done posting in here...i'll check back in 2 weeks...and if y'all can seriously be
pimp.gif
over it then....i'll respect your opinion for what it is..

and yoo crank c'mon son...how you gonna gimme that emoticon??
embarassed.gif
1. you think?
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
yeah...i'm sure you're done.

c'mon b. i've been keeping up with the thread just reading different people's opinions and you just come across as being OBSESSED with hating onwayne. anything anyone says that is positive about C3, you feel the need to respond to it with the same thing over and over and over again. let it go mydude...we got the point after the first 2 or 3 posts.

it's not only you though. you and another unnamed NT'er have about 3 pages of posts combined in this thread.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

and btw...i feel this album is a 6/10, possibly a 7 (as far as a first time listen...i will give it more spins). i don't think this has much replayvalue as a whole (some tracks on here are bangers though). one thing we DO have to understand is that the bootlegging hurt wayne tremendously as far as OG C3material. there are some songs that were leaked previously which were
pimp.gif
that had to be left of the album for obvious reasons. this guy just gave up at the end and sent like 40 tracks over to the record label, having them pick outthe ones which were staying. the previous leaks hurt more than people think.

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

Comfortable is that joint. Next single?

well so far its been announced lollipop is first...a milli(
indifferent.gif
)is second....comfortable would/mrs officer would make sense as 3rd

The t-pain joint is the new single, video shot and all. Album is tough though, he might get my money.

Originally Posted by yungchamp

Originally Posted by Robby Valentino

aight so...wayne came weak as hell on mr carter...im sorry
he went IN on that track how u figure that bruh?

how? what was hot?

someone has to show me ive been listening repeatedly looking for heat

I think Wayne is very good when he can focus on one verse, which is why he's such a good artist to feature on a track/album.

With his solo tracks it seems like he gets lost in concepts of tracks (except for Dr. Carter that song is very solid) and starts talking about random stuff.

Sometimes we complain about rappers that have way too many guest featurings on solo albums (since he's on this CD Fabolous comes to mind) but I think Wanyewould be perfect if he only had to do two versus max per song.

This album is getting a lot of unwarranted hate. I'm not a big Wayne fan who thinks anything he puts out is the hottest thing ever but after my firstlisten I can say that I enjoyed it. It exceeded my expectations because I honestly didn't expect much. Maybe that's why I enjoy it more than others. Igotta give it a listen for a while before I can compare it to I and II. I just don't know how people can say that it's garbage, especially after justone listen. I respect Wayne for trying to go a different direction with this one for the most part. I'm also surprised that he didn't have his'father' on at least one song for this though.

WOW @ all the hate comments...

Wayne can flow and I like C3. That's all I care to say!

Sorry if you don't agree, but it's all good.

DC21

Originally Posted by yungchamp

aight so...wayne came weak as hell on mr carter...im sorry
he went IN on that track how u figure that bruh?

how? what was hot?

someone has to show me ive been listening repeatedly looking for heat
1st...2nd...and 4th verse he goes in on that track easily 1 of the best songz on the album bruh i mean but im not gonna b like other ppl on here whotry n get u 2 feel how they feel... 2 each his own ya know...u aint feelin it so thats u..
tired.gif

His whole delivery and direction %*$#% all over what he did on C3...only a deaf man couldn't hear that.
Good picks, and his delivery is different. But that doesn't mean the songs are necessiarly worse.

Do you honestly feel your song picks, collectively, are THAT much better than those strongest off C3?

I don't hear it.

That's what I was trying to get at, really.

Those saying this album is trash, when clearly to me the strongest strongs off C3 can hold their own against the strongest songs off both C1 and C2 combined.

Which means, dude did something right with this album.

How Is Jay borrowing from someone who borrowed from him?
just because Wayne emulated Jay's style to make his own doesn't mean Jay can't copy him in return. Marley is right, Jay has done itbefore, but it's A LOT more obvious on Mr. Carter because they're actually rapping on the same track together (it wasn't apparent on Hello Brooklyncause Wayne wasn't really spitting. he was on some sing-songy @%%% the whole time) Jay is my favorite rapper, but if you can't see that he'sflowing differently than he usually does, and sounding very Weezy-esque on that track, i dunno whatto tell you. i'm not saying he's trying to be like Weezy, cause it's not the first time he's sounded like another artist on their own track. heobviously patterned his flow on the Hustlin remix after Rick Ross' verse, but this is different cause it's a little more subtle.
That song with Brisco and Busta is wack as hell. Wale>Wayne, at this point.
Wayne's wordplay on that joint is too nice for it to be "wack as hell." and i'll say it again, Busta went in...

La La is
pimp.gif
to me, & the hook goes hard.

"sittin in a caddy, white like Barry/
floatin up the isle like a bride & her daddy..."

cool %!@ track to ride too, & the bassline knocks.

This album will do #s, but I'm sure everyone knows that.

Anyway, there are some good songs/bangers on here, but this album has no direction at all.
To me, it just sounds like a mixtape thrown together.
I'll give it a 3/5

Back
Top Bottom