Lil' Wayne - Carter 3 (Official Thread) Officially A Millie

The album gets better & better the more I listen to it, there are some gems on here, & this is def dope ridin music.

so that was the real cover after all
laugh.gif

i hate wayne but
im about to see what the hype is about

Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23

La La is
pimp.gif
to me, & the hook goes hard.

"sittin in a caddy, white like Barry/
floatin up the isle like a bride & her daddy..."

cool %!@ track to ride too, & the bassline knocks.

wordddddd.
it's one of my most played 3 tracks.

roll.gif
roll.gif
ya'll done lost ur mind. i have no idea what i just listened to, theproduction is impressive (i.e. shoot me down) but wayne destroys it in a bad way.

..am i the only one that feels dumb after listenin to this?

ive gave it 3 full listens....and i think its average at best...
im sure people will over hype it, but it just seems eratic.

Originally Posted by SuperOfficial

That song with Brisco and Busta is wack as hell. Wale>Wayne, at this point.

co-sign on that one.

If you love Wayne, I guess you are going to love this CD, but there is nothing on here that I could come back and listen to in a few months and think this CDis some amazing album.

Worth a listen as in:

"I listened to it?"

I guess, but is it something I will listen to in a week or so...

No.

one thing we DO have to understand is that the bootlegging hurt wayne tremendously as far as OG C3 material. there are some songs that were leaked previously which were
pimp.gif
that had to be left of the album for obvious reasons. this guy just gave up at the end and sent like 40 tracks over to the record label, having them pick out the ones which were staying. the previous leaks hurt more than people think.
Yup.

One Night Only
Something You Forgot
I Know The Future
Rider
La La La
Prostitute
I Feel Like Dying

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Worth a listen as in:

"I listened to it?"

I guess, but is it something I will listen to in a week or so...

No.

the cd dont come out for a week lmao ... come on dude you sounding real simple right now ... theres not ONE song on the entire album that you like enoughto say youll listen to it a month from now ... thats just dumb to me im sorry

Originally Posted by im out chea

I know this cd aint his best but wale>wayne omfg
roll.gif

What? I can listen to that whole mixtape without wondering what the hell he said and wondering what kinda drugs he was on while he came up with thatgarbage. Also, I can listen to it all the way through, and it's only a mixtape! C3 just doesn't do it for me.

wale > wayne?.....................................................................................................................................................................................this is the !#$% im talkin about ... i forgot why id idnt visit the music foum anymore

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

wale > wayne? ..................................................................................................................................................................................... this is the !#$% im talkin about ... i forgot why id idnt visit the music foum anymore

I said at this point, as in newest Wale> newest Wayne. It's called an opinion. It doesn't matter though, I won't be able to get throughthe dreads anyway. Wayne is god, I know.

Ok... I'm as hardcore as a hip-hop head can get. Hell my favorite rappers/artists are Ghostface, Lord Have Mercy, Jay and Common.

But not for nothing... My favorite song on the album is "LA LA". The energy and swag of the track is addicting. Sometimes simplicity wins best. Plusit's the best chorus he ever wrote that wasn't a sample.

But on a whole, I'd rate the album 7.5/10. The album has no direction outside of Wayne talking *+@* about himself and all the serious moments all revolvearound Hurricane Katrina and it's aftermath (which he's been redundantly talking about for the past 2 years). It's a lot of unfocused energy andtalent.

Wayne needs to allign himself with ONE single producer (not a beatmaker a la Just Blaze, but a individual who makes acctual records a la Pharell, Dre, JermaineDupri, Kanye, etc...) and focus his brilliant talent into creating a guided project with direction.

And what's up with "A Milli"??? I've heard like 4 different version, 6 if you include how it's been mixed. Which one is on the album?

And the tracklisting on amazon differs from the one on the 1st page. I'm not sure if it's been posted:

1. 3 PEAT
2. MR. CARTER FEAT. - FEAT. JAYZ
3. A MILLI
4. GOT MONEY FEAT. - FEAT. TPAIN
5. COMFORTABLE FEAT. - FEAT. BABYFACE
6. PHONE HOME
7. DR. CARTER
8. TIE MY HANDS - FEAT. ROBIN THICKE
9. SHOOT ME DOWN FEAT. - D.SMIH
10. PLAYN WITH FIRE FEAT. - BETTY WRIGHT
11. LOLLIPOP FEAT. - STATIC MAJOR
12. LA FEAT. - BRISCO, BUSTA RHYMES
13. GOOD GIRL GONE BAD
14. YOU AINT GOT NUTHIN ON ME - FABOLOUS, JUELZ SANTANA
15. LET THE BEAT BUILD
16. WHIP IT
17. MISUNDERSTOOD

Shoot me down has the most replay value to me easily. Playing with fire is going to punish when performed live.

why the hell would "good girl gone bad" be on his cd......that was on devin the dude cd last year....song is like a year old

Back
Top Bottom