that audioslave-like feel beat is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nice change

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

did you just post a coherent thought?
yea, i think so... wow
pimp.gif

and that fab verse was on somethin like 2 years ago... same beat and all... there just wasnt no hook, weezy, or juelz... i cant believe dudes aint never heardthat #**+...

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

That Dr. Carter sample is from a song on the GTA IV soundtrack

Holy Thursday - David Axelrod

We all know this isn't something Swizzy made.
laugh.gif

good find on the sample..the robin thicke song is crazy

Originally Posted by 216TIME216

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

did you just post a coherent thought?
yea, i think so... wow
pimp.gif

and that fab verse was on somethin like 2 years ago... same beat and all... there just wasnt no hook, weezy, or juelz... i cant believe dudes aint never heard that #**+...

lol i feel you ... and yeah i am hearing some other recycled stuff as well ... i guess the point is IF waynes camp either paid these dudes for a feature orowed them to be on his album then there you go

Originally Posted by J Capo

Originally Posted by NothingBefore

Remember His Label picks out the songs and press it up Wayne has no contro/pull on what goes on
Wayne has no say?
You clearly aren't familiar with the 80/20 deal Universal gave Cash Money like 10 years ago then.

i think what he meant to say was if a label puts up bread to promote an album and towards features and beats, then they are gonna have some type of say inwhich songs are released ... i could see wayne off some purp at a table like aiight ill throw that old joint on there if you give me anothe prescription and aflat screen above the toilet in my tour bus ...

^not even that... he's the ceo or whatever of the label he's on... which is cash money... universal dont really have no say whatsoever... they justditribute...

Wayne did say that he gave like 40 songs to the label and he let them pick what was going on the album...

"I don't feel like going through all that #%+%" was the quote he used...

I'm about 9 tracks in. I wasn't expecting much from Wayne on this, but so far... I'm really liking it.

People on here criticizing the record should listen to Dr. Carter front to end.

The whole concept/lyrics/delivery is
eek.gif
pimp.gif

The thing with this CD is, I think Wayne was in a lose/lose situation with a lot of people.

Let's be real, after all that was leaked leading up to this album, and the Lollipop single, how many of us were expecting a lot LESS than the finishedproduct?

A lot of people didn't put much faith in this project.

In reality though, IMO, Wayne came correct on this. Production was top notch, and there are some BANGERS on this.

Mr. Carter, Dr. Carter, Let The Beat Build, etc.

These three tracks alone exceeded what anybody had thought about concerning this album.

And dude tried to get introspective with Tie My Hands (Thicke
pimp.gif
) andMisunderstood

I'm not calling this a classic or anything, but this album definitely doesn't flop.

Yeah, there are some duds on this, but I think it's because dude/record label wanted to compensate for everything that's leaked so far.

Think about it. Take away four or five tracks from this, make it a twelve/thirteen track album, and it's a pretty much solid effort through and through.

But had he done that though, before it dropped/announce it'd be a 12/13 track album, Wayne would STILL get hate for that.

"What? All that time and he's coming out with only 12 tracks? $#$%+"

Dude is really damned if he does, damned if he doesn't with a lot of people.

And I don't even mess with Wayne like that.

Originally Posted by 216TIME216

^not even that... he's the ceo or whatever of the label he's on... which is cash money... universal dont really have no say whatsoever... they just ditribute...

Exactly.

Universal never had a say as to what Cash Money puts out because overall Cash Money signed a DISTRIBUTION DEAL for their label and they put out whatever thehell they damn want.
laugh.gif

I wonder if he gonna take another 4 years to drop something

By then he will prob be makin duets with his guitar and vocodor featuring winehouse

franchise has a brain that functions ... i dont wanna sit on here and act like a wayne stan and all that, but dont tell me this thing flopped AT ALL ... after2 run throughs im sitting here VERY PLEASED at what Wayne did with this thing ... some of the pressure was his own fault (calling himself the best rapperalive), some of the stuff is our fault (downloading every damn song we want), and some of it is the parties involved (label, artists, producers) that placedwayne on such a thin rope to walk ... not to mention dude is trying to make money ... wayne has fans but not like jay does where everything he touches theythink is golden ... most real wayne fans agree that a lot of recent stuff is hot garbage and thats fine because more often than not when he needs to he comescorrect ... jay fans think he poops odorless turds ...

after the first run through i am definitely pleased to say the least that he didnt OD on that autotune !@! ... in fact, with the way the game is right now, 4-5 GOOD songs get you album of the year IMO and he has that easy ... like people expect this dude to have 16 straight bm jr tracks GET REAL ...

laugh.gif
what? 4-5 good tracks isn't getting you close to album of theyear. And if he was as good a rapper as you say he is he would have 16 hot joints, there's nothing crazy about the idea.

wayne has put out enough mixtape heat to ether any rappers entire collection, mixtape or album combined ...

No.

and just to add fuel to yalls fire both graduation and american gangster was overall garbage and if you removed the kanye/jay nut collab from your chin, maybe you would realize that ...

Coming from the dude who's obviously got lil waynes jimmy dean all the way down his throat.

when i first heard lollipop i gave it the super extreme stoneface, but then when i was bent in the club and i heard it come on the next time im sittin there like damn this *@%@ rocks ... its not always about who can talk about selling coke the most clever ... people need to sell records and songs like lollipop sell records ... IMO wayne is doing it the right way, having features with different types of artists, ATTEMPTING to play a little guitar while avoiding the total 50 Cent type sell out move ...

Yeah it sells records, but it doesn't make your album good. And dude played like 5 notes in the song
laugh.gif

I'm not going to lie and say the album is complete garbage because there are some pretty good songs on here and the beats are top notch, but there's noway this is album of the year.

II Trill > C3

__s is really debating about whether this is the album of the year and this !*@# don't come out for another week and a half.
roll.gif

Judging an album to that extent after ONE night? Really? Let Weezy's nuts breathe.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom