Lil' Wayne - Carter 3 (Official Thread) Officially A Millie

"Started out hustlin.....ended up ballin"
pimp.gif

La La is that #%$@, get the !+*+ up out my toilet
laugh.gif

And Dr. Carter, wayne surprised me stayin on topic with a concept.

That Dr. Carter sample is from a song on the GTA IV soundtrack

Holy Thursday - David Axelrod

We all know this isn't something Swizzy made.
laugh.gif

dudes keep sayin how hot this album is...but keep naming the same 2-3 tracks......c'mon nooow.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

dudes keep sayin how hot this album is...but keep naming the same 2-3 tracks......c'mon nooow.

because the !@%* is trash

the overall album itself is decent...There are a couple of hot tracks, but nothing that will put it over the top...but it is Wayne and every other hypebeastthat d-rides this foo will be all over this callin it the album of the year/classic album...

on a side note...Hov's verse on Mr. Carter
eek.gif

Just my two cents...

This is way better then expected. Considering his mental condition the last 2 years an all
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Aint as good as Carter II though....This %#!% is just hot for the moment. only a couple tracks i can see myself listenin to in da future...

he shouldnt have named it Tha Carter III bc tihs over all disgraces the series. Alot of the beat however will be onrepeat this summer even thou wayne says nothing at all

how is everyone reviewing this album so early? lol like you cant get used to a song and realize different aspects of it after a few run throughs ... wayne >your favorite rapper ...

after the first run through i am definitely pleased to say the least that he didnt OD on that autotune !@! ... in fact, with the way the game is right now, 4-5GOOD songs get you album of the year IMO and he has that easy ... like people expect this dude to have 16 straight bm jr tracks GET REAL ... wayne has put outenough mixtape heat to ether any rappers entire collection, mixtape or album combined ... on beats alone this record gets more than one spin and add to thatWayne slam GOIN IN on tracks and you have yourself a better album then anything ive heard in a while ... and just to add fuel to yalls fire both graduation andamerican gangster was overall garbage and if you removed the kanye/jay nut collab from your chin, maybe you would realize that ...

when i first heard lollipop i gave it the super extreme stoneface, but then when i was bent in the club and i heard it come on the next time im sittin therelike damn this *@%@ rocks ... its not always about who can talk about selling coke the most clever ... people need to sell records and songs like lollipop sellrecords ... IMO wayne is doing it the right way, having features with different types of artists, ATTEMPTING to play a little guitar while avoiding the total50 Cent type sell out move ...

Phone Home is so terrible. How did that make the album?
Otherwise, this is enjoyable, and I'm not even a wayne fan like that.

Mr. Carter =
pimp.gif

^the alien on earth phoning home concept is dope but the focus takes a u-turn as soon as he starts rapping. Hook was weak too.
Dr. Carter is the most focused track, shoot me down is good as well. His vocals are terrible on playing with fire. Albums not bad though.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

^the alien on earth phoning home concept is dope but the focus takes a u-turn as soon as he starts rapping. Hook was weak too.
Dr. Carter is the most focused track, shoot me down is good as well. His vocals are terrible on playing with fire. Albums not bad though.

exactly, the first minute was amazing if he woulda stuck with the alien swagger throughout it woulda been dope

but he juss went off topic like a kid at toy r us
eyes.gif
so sad

he shouted out swizz in the song so im sure he produced it
and iphone home is one of my favorite tracks on the album
people only like mr carter cause of jay
but i cant really get into that song
dont get it is probly my fav track or the dr carter

iight after a couple spins imma juss say this is a very good "fun music"
i really dont wanna classify this as RAP and wayne obviously didnt approach this album as a MC more as a entertainer, more songs like dr. carter,shoot me downand 3peat woulda been nice
still a very nice album too bump in the whip and enjoy the production
i guess if i wanna listen to "rap" i gotta keep spinning lupe and hova
well, until nas joints drops...
*spins american gangster

it is sad when u download an album just to have something to hate on
ohwell.gif

what exactly was yall expecting from wayne, i seen nters hate on every song/mixtapethat wayne drop yet they still continue to get his music
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Can't call it. Couple tracks I mess with. Will reserve my judgment until I put my system in my car.

"hip-hop is my supermarket, shopping cart full of fake hip-hop artists"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dr. Carter is GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Mr. Carter
pimp.gif

3-peat
pimp.gif

yall remember when C2 dropped? BIG HATE was in full effect ... then people started to come around to songs like shooter and the such ... give it time and let2-3 songs hit the radio people will be saying its a solid album ... theres no denying that wayne came in this joint as someone who is trying to make money ...if he wanted to stay off some gutter $%*+ he wouldnt sell a lick ... how many spins on the radio did bm jr get? exactly

its aight... thats wit tpain is gonna b everywhere i hate it already... they gone b playin it this away, that away... talk about autotune OD...

Back
Top Bottom