lil robot passes "self awareness" test vol....it has begun

People better start stashing all of their money everyone will be effectively unemployed, except for the higher ups of companies.

The quote directly applies to the statement (that came off like you were stating a fact) I quoted.

When he died is irrelevant :lol:
My statement isnt fact. Its my opinion and so is his statement. Him dieing in 07 is relevant cause hes not around so see artificial intelligence evolve like we have now. Ex. Title of this thread.
Well then I'm addressing your opinion and I feel you're not getting what the quote means or how it pertains to the part of your post I quoted.

Artifical intelligence evolving isn't a factor.

Last edited:
Well then I'm addressing your opinion and I feel you're not getting what the quote means or how it pertains to the part of your post I quoted.

You're right I probably dont understand his quote. Aware me

You're right I probably dont understand his quote. Aware me
You said we (human beings) are A.I. That we were created the same way we are creating robots (that have A.I. I assume you meant to say).

Now just read the quote again or look up the definition?

You said we (human beings) are A.I. That we were created the same way we are creating robots (that have A.I. I assume you meant to say).

What stood out in the quote was "Artifice".

ar·ti·fice
ˈärdəfəs/
noun
clever or cunning devices or expedients, especially as used to trick or deceive others.
"artifice and outright fakery"
synonyms: trickery, deceit, deception, duplicity, guile, cunning, artfulness, wiliness, craftiness, slyness, chicanery; More

By that definition id have to disagree with the quote. During his years alive it may be true, but AI is way more advanced than 20 even 5 years ago. Ex, Siri and Cortana which crack jokes and seem to have a personality all their own.

Last edited:
He meant that A.I. lacks the ability to deceive others thus it lacks intelligence. I don't know of any A.I. that has the ability to lie so the quote still applies.

And you keep bringing up Siri and Cortana making jokes. I can easily write a program that tells you jokes if you ask. That's simple stuff.

I knew a guy years ago who wrote an A.I. that you could have "conversations" with because he was bored. She was a mean *****.

But that's how she was coded. She didn't have a personality. She didn't come up with responses on her own. She wasn't even a she. She was an it.

It's just a matter of checking input for keywords and making cases that output certain responses based on the keywords.

The more you write the more "real" your A.I. will seem. But there's no intelligence there whatsoever. It's a misnomer.

If you want to see the seams come apart it's as easy as putting in the same one word answer over and over no matter the response.

Until someone writes an A.I. that comes up with it's own jokes, I won't be impressed. Call me then.

I think you are drastically underestimating the capabilities of machine learning. There are algorithms that can already write simple programs, write news articles, etc. The only thing holding back AI at this point are algorithms that allow for recursive self improvement. After that hurdle has been tackled, AI will improve exponentially.
I think you are underestimating all of the task I just said. Writing simple programs and replacing software engineers are two totally different things.
Doesn't matter to me if it happens it happens, I'll be long out of the software engineering field by then. Feel bad for future generations, there will be no jobs if they achieve this level of AI.

And this is really all that matters. I'll be dead or retired so I don't care.
The machine overlords can do whatever the hell they want by then.
I'll have already lived my life, made my money and spent my money on hookers and coke.

If you honestly think this way, I think we're done here. :lol:

I never liked this sentiment. Your kids, young family members, and other people you know are gonna have to live in that world. That attitude of "well ill be dead so idgaf" is a major reason why society has so many ails :smh:

I'm of the opinion that once those recursive algorithms are created, AI will explode literally overnight. Time will tell. Excited to see what impact quantum computing will have on the journey to singularity.

What stood out in the quote was "Artifice".

ar·ti·fice
ˈärdəfəs/
noun
clever or cunning devices or expedients, especially as used to trick or deceive others.
"artifice and outright fakery"
synonyms: trickery, deceit, deception, duplicity, guile, cunning, artfulness, wiliness, craftiness, slyness, chicanery; More

By that definition id have to disagree with the quote. During his years alive it may be true, but AI is way more advanced than 20 even 5 years ago. Ex, Siri and Cortana which crack jokes and seem to have a personality all their own.
Seems like you're purposely ignoring the part of your own post I quoted :lol: to talk about A.I. are more advanced now compared to the year the dude died. It is so besides the point. Dude didn't say it in 2007 just before he died.

I'm about to give up. Siri and all that other crap can not do what the point of that quote means. Plus they're not A.I., those are programs. True A.I. would be indistinguishable from humans. They'd clearly be set apart from the likes of Siri. Actual A.I. would past the Turing test. And no programing so that you could make some interface lie wouldn't be the same thing.

Last edited:
Seems like you're purposely ignoring the part of your own post I quoted :lol: to talk about A.I. are more advanced now compared to the year the dude died. It is so besides the point. Dude didn't say it in 2007 just before he died.

I'm about to give up. Siri and all that other crap can not do what the point of that quote means. Plus they're not A.I., those are programs. True A.I. would be indistinguishable from humans. They'd clearly be set apart from the likes of Siri. Actual A.I. would past the Turing test. And no programing so that you could make some interface lie wouldn't be the same thing.

ar·ti·fi·cial in·tel·li·gence
noun
noun: artificial intelligence; noun: AI
the theory and development of computer systems able to perform tasks that normally require human intelligence, such as visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making, and translation between languages.

Siri and Cortana are in fact AI, maybe not to your standards but they are part of the development for AI advancement.
Though humans are defined as biological beings, dont forget our brains require electrical impulses :wink:

I think you are drastically underestimating the capabilities of machine learning. There are algorithms that can already write simple programs, write news articles, etc. The only thing holding back AI at this point are algorithms that allow for recursive self improvement. After that hurdle has been tackled, AI will improve exponentially.
I think you are underestimating all of the task I just said. Writing simple programs and replacing software engineers are two totally different things.
Doesn't matter to me if it happens it happens, I'll be long out of the software engineering field by then. Feel bad for future generations, there will be no jobs if they achieve this level of AI.
And this is really all that matters. I'll be dead or retired so I don't care.
The machine overlords can do whatever the hell they want by then.
I'll have already lived my life, made my money and spent my money on hookers and coke.
If you honestly think this way, I think we're done here.
laugh.gif

I never liked this sentiment. Your kids, young family members, and other people you know are gonna have to live in that world. That attitude of "well ill be dead so idgaf" is a major reason why society has so many ails
mean.gif

I'm of the opinion that once those recursive algorithms are created, AI will explode literally overnight. Time will tell. Excited to see what impact quantum computing will have on the journey to singularity.
Honestly, I don't like A.I. I'd rather never see a true artificial intelligence ever come to pass. I think it's a bad idea.

However, if it does happen I'll be too old to care. Or I'll be dead in which case I won't have an option on caring.

Honestly, I don't like A.I. I'd rather never see a true artificial intelligence ever come to pass. I think it's a bad idea.
However, if it does happen I'll be too old to care. Or I'll be dead in which case I won't have an option on caring.
I really think you are underestimating how long its going to take for true a.i. To be made and widespread.
You could be right, we know nothing about what technology will be available 10 years from now. All we can really do is speculate .
Obviously we shall see.

Last edited:

ar·ti·fi·cial in·tel·li·gence
noun
noun: artificial intelligence; noun: AI
the theory and development of computer systems able to perform tasks that normally require human intelligence, such as visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making, and translation between languages.

Siri and Cortana are in fact AI, maybe not to your standards but they are part of the development for AI advancement.
Though humans are defined as biological beings, dont forget our brains require electrical impulses :wink:
Yeah we on two different pages since the quote :lol:

If you honestly think this way, I think we're done here. :lol:

I never liked this sentiment. Your kids, young family members, and other people you know are gonna have to live in that world. That attitude of "well ill be dead so idgaf" is a major reason why society has so many ails :smh:

:lol: what can we do? Please inform me what we can do and why I should care if it happens. You are the one that is promoting it and is happy about super AI. Can't be too concerned about future generations and future societies.

If people are dumb enough to create AI that can replace majority of jobs, nothing we can do will stop that. I am spending my life to make sure my family and future generations will be able to do well.

Not sure why anyone would be excited about super intelligent AI's, it will change everything about the world we currently know.

Experts predict robots will take over 30% of our jobs by 2025 — and white-collar jobs aren't immune

http://www.businessinsider.com/expe...ird-of-jobs-will-be-replaced-by-robots-2015-5

Will Your Job Be Done By A Machine?

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2015/05/21/408234543/will-your-job-be-done-by-a-machine

Bookkeepers have a
97.6%
chance of being automated.

Electrical and Electronics Drafters have a
80.8%

Accountants and Auditors have a
93.5%

You can play with the menu yourself and see if your job may be in jeopardy.

Excellent. According to the article, my job has a .03 percent chance of being replaced by a robot :pimp:

As for the others, sucks to be you >D

Last edited:
[h2]  [/h2]
human-2.gif

Athletes and Sports Competitors have a 

28.3%

How do we know this? Some aspects of a job are easier to automate than others. It all depends on the tasks. Look at the orange bars to see how Athletes and Sports Competitors compare with other professions...

they are coming for our teams!

Back
Top Bottom