lets have a discussion.. who has the BIGGER movement at their peaks ..

Of course its the Wu for obvious reasons...

The realm that their music covered geographically... unmatched by any other rap group in the 90s - present...

However,

The Diplomats probably had the biggest impact on my generation... certainly had an effect on me...

Like DT43 mentioned, people downplay how big this movement was...

I think their radical style in the beginning of thier movement (Dipset Taliban) caused a lot of people to misunderstand them... But I thought it made their music a lot more enjoyable...

I actually included DI1 in a term paper I did for my Honors English class my freshman year of college...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by illphillip

I mean....I understand he put out soild albums. But "We Fly High" will always be what he's remembered for.

And do any of his albums even come CLOSE to any of the Wu solo's I mentioned?

Cam the only dude in the crew with a solid string of songs and albums. And he been fallin' off.

I'd take Masta Killa's album over both of those. And I *%+$# with Jim (NH) just 'cause he a wild boy.
your assessment was on point except for your backpacker over reach talkin about takin masta killa over killa cam & jim
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by illphillip

I mean....I understand he put out soild albums. But "We Fly High" will always be what he's remembered for.

And do any of his albums even come CLOSE to any of the Wu solo's I mentioned?

Cam the only dude in the crew with a solid string of songs and albums. And he been fallin' off.

I'd take Masta Killa's album over both of those. And I *%+$# with Jim (NH) just 'cause he a wild boy.
your assessment was on point except for your backpacker over reach talkin about takin masta killa over killa cam & jim
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

I was too young to understand Wu-Tang in their prime, I heard them and they definitely have amazing music but I can't say it. Dipset I was around for, it was everywhere. The real debate is the G-Unit Mixtapes and Dipset Mixtapes

word
I don't know about that one either. I don't even recall the Dips  putting out mixtapes like that when people were clamoring for 50 Cent Is The Future and those other tapes. At least to my knowledge, someone correct me.
? dipset vol 1 dropped literally within weeks of 50 cent is da future...them 2 & d-block's mixtape run was something EPIC back in da day....

da outta boros was more g-unit fans/d-block BX & manhattan was dipset country.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

I was too young to understand Wu-Tang in their prime, I heard them and they definitely have amazing music but I can't say it. Dipset I was around for, it was everywhere. The real debate is the G-Unit Mixtapes and Dipset Mixtapes

word
I don't know about that one either. I don't even recall the Dips  putting out mixtapes like that when people were clamoring for 50 Cent Is The Future and those other tapes. At least to my knowledge, someone correct me.
? dipset vol 1 dropped literally within weeks of 50 cent is da future...them 2 & d-block's mixtape run was something EPIC back in da day....

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Man, those days were the days. Dipset/D-Block/G Unit. It seemed like them cats were dropping mixtapes every other week. Add in Wayne, Fab, Cassidy, Clipse, and that's why I think 2001-2004 was the last great era in hip-hop.

Man, those days were the days. Dipset/D-Block/G Unit. It seemed like them cats were dropping mixtapes every other week. Add in Wayne, Fab, Cassidy, Clipse, and that's why I think 2001-2004 was the last great era in hip-hop.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DT43

i know the "correct" answer is Wu, but Dipset was one of the biggest things to happen to my generation (by that i mean people who were in school in the 2000s).

people always downplay how big they were.. i'm not from NY and i remember everyday dudes were rocking pink shirts and quoting Dipset lyrics all day. Camron, AI, and Mike Vick was the holy trinity back then
laugh.gif

Funny. At the end of my Dungeon Fam post, I was going to say "I don't consider a movement having cats wearing pink and running around saying 'what's really good', 'AYE', and 'no %#+@'."

I'd like to think a movement is bigger than that. If that's "the biggest thing to happen" to a generation, I'm glad I'm not a part of that generation.

Brothers did their thing though. And I'm a cat who spent much time in Harlem and still be around there from time to time. So it's no hate. It just wasn't ALL that.

I swear, these dudes said "the only movement movin'" and cats really believed these dudes stood for something.

ninja, I meant Masta Killa album was doper than Jim's whole albums. Not Cam at all.

Originally Posted by DT43

i know the "correct" answer is Wu, but Dipset was one of the biggest things to happen to my generation (by that i mean people who were in school in the 2000s).

people always downplay how big they were.. i'm not from NY and i remember everyday dudes were rocking pink shirts and quoting Dipset lyrics all day. Camron, AI, and Mike Vick was the holy trinity back then
laugh.gif

Funny. At the end of my Dungeon Fam post, I was going to say "I don't consider a movement having cats wearing pink and running around saying 'what's really good', 'AYE', and 'no %#+@'."

I'd like to think a movement is bigger than that. If that's "the biggest thing to happen" to a generation, I'm glad I'm not a part of that generation.

Brothers did their thing though. And I'm a cat who spent much time in Harlem and still be around there from time to time. So it's no hate. It just wasn't ALL that.

I swear, these dudes said "the only movement movin'" and cats really believed these dudes stood for something.

ninja, I meant Masta Killa album was doper than Jim's whole albums. Not Cam at all.

I want to give the edge to WuTang because I think they had more of an international reach,
during a time where the mixtape scene and internet were not a major factor

I want to give the edge to WuTang because I think they had more of an international reach,
during a time where the mixtape scene and internet were not a major factor

Originally Posted by krazy88s

There's people with Wu-Tang tattoos. Aint nobody rockin' no Dipset tat.
i used to smash a chick with a dipset tattoo b...them dudes had/still got GROUPIES

give da dips another 10 years....they already gonna go down in history as some uptown legends.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

There's people with Wu-Tang tattoos. Aint nobody rockin' no Dipset tat.
i used to smash a chick with a dipset tattoo b...them dudes had/still got GROUPIES

give da dips another 10 years....they already gonna go down in history as some uptown legends.

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Kind of a silly question.

A lot of people on here are too young to appreciate how big the Wu movement was/is globally.

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Kind of a silly question.

A lot of people on here are too young to appreciate how big the Wu movement was/is globally.

Back
Top Bottom